2018 Nfl Attendance Leaders. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Nfl Attendance Leaders.

Here, here.

Although the canopy is a pretty big deal too.
And actually moving the lower stands and concrete closer to the field was just an incredibly smart thing to do..I can’t believe they did after years of lobbying for it..

View attachment 21455
Really? I would’ve never thought we’d be #3 with all those empty seats.:lol:
I do believe attendance and sold tickets are the same nowadays.

Back in the day (90s and before) they listed "sold tickets" and "no shows". But it was no good for the mighty advertising dollar especially when you had places like LA (Raiders and Rams), Seattle and NE where they had to list 10,000, 20,000 and more "no shows".

Dolphins are pretty good with the "sold tickets" right now. It really is just a matter of providing a product which brings people into their seats. I know quite a few people who hold season tickets but decide not to go because the product is just not as enticing. Quite a few also tailgate and just stay in the lot.
But the "no show" department has become smaller over the last few years with last year being the exception. People were just fed up and wanted whole change. If they would have kept anybody from last year (Gase, Tannebaum, Tannehill etc) the Dolphins probably would have experienced a huge drop in season tickets.
The first two games probably will be packed. The Ravens and Patriots usually bring a good amount of fans with them. I expect an 80 -20 ratio favoring Dolfans in both games.

They went by percentage (capacity vs attendance/sold tickets).

Oh I know, man. If the Rams averaged 32768 it certainly wouldn't be 121.4% capacity of The Coliseum. Now if the Chargers averaged that, that's sounds about right for Dignity Health Sports Park, formerly called StubHub Center which has a capacity of like 30000. They mixed up the two LA teams.

Living in NorCal, I'm subjected to a lot of 49ers games since many friends follow that team. Their stadium often appears empty as well, despite being #4 on that list.

Living in NorCal, I'm subjected to a lot of 49ers games since many friends follow that team. Their stadium often appears empty as well, despite being #4 on that list.
Another billion dollar mistake of a stadium..

They prioritized vanity and technology over building a stadium to intimidate, which easily can be done and is at this point the biggest secret in The NFL

Back
Top Bottom