2018 Nfl Draft Debrief: Winners And Losers From Round 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Nfl Draft Debrief: Winners And Losers From Round 1

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I guess this guy took some Quaaludes before sitting down to write. Last time I looked, there are more than 4 QBs in the draft.

Losers

Miami Dolphins:
While safety Minkah Fitzpatrick will likely turn out to be a fine pick at No. 11 overall, Dolphins fans who saw Rosen sitting on the board until No. 10 have to be let down. Given that it feels like this team is stuck in quicksand, an indefinite future with Ryan Tannehill as the quarterback is hard to get excited about.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1

Fitzpatrick would be a top 5 pick in a normal draft that doesn't have a ton of QBs like this one. Anyone who labels Miami a loser over picking this guy shouldn't be taken serious. Fortunately, this guy is a huge outlier in his opinion. The worst grade I've seen is a B. Most people have it as an A or A-.

A solid pic .... but with Rosen in grasp ....oh well ... it does feel like we will be stuck in mediocreville for the foreseeable future

We were smoke screening the whole time it was blatantly obvious when the “Tannehill was notified he’d be the starter even if we drafted a 1st round QB” story was leaked. They were leapfrogged twice, it worked to perfection the FO should be getting KUDOS. Problem is Tannehill isn’t liked in nationally. I hope he shuts everyone up this year.

I’m not a football guru but I think you guys that somehow think we targeted one of the 4 big QB’s in this draft have been fooled.

Omar Kelly even admitted on Twitter last night that he had been used.

I can give this team applause for one thing about the draft with its current front office, they hide who they want. You can probably get more information out of who they DON’T have in than who they do. The Mayfield stuff was BULL. If you need a translator, Miami needed all 4 QBs to go before them which basically guaranteed an elite defender fell to them. Earlier in this process they figured Mayfield would be the one most likely to be around at their pick, so they made their “affair” with him very public. Within the last few days, they realize he’s not going to be there, but Rosen might, bam, Omar and others got all the Rosen and talk to Tannehill stuff.

They never meet with who they target except at the combine, no story connecting them and Harris or them and Fitzpatrick.

I won’t get into the Tannehill stuff, but they are happy with him and may draft someone to challenge him soon, just not high this year.

Last edited:
I thought at 11 we would have LBs Smith or Edmunds, and one of the defensive backfield guys (but not Fitz as he was the premier backfield guy and would be gone top 7 or 8.). I think our first pick was great. Looking forward to 42- DL, QB, LB, TE?

Has there ever been a year where we drafted who we’ve had the most contact with. Every year it seems it’s a guy we hardly spoke with, Minkah didn’t even visit. I’m surprised THIS BOARD gets fooled by the pre draft scuttle butt. Did anyone really think we were going QB after the Tannehill starting story was leaked? Seriously with a straight face?

ya this draft fell perfect for us. Minkah give us the ability to play a lot of 3 safety sets that we have wanted to play and can be used all over the field. I honestly didn't think we had any shot at getting him I was screaming like a 2 year old girl at the restaurant we were watching at. The wife may have been slightly embarrassed lol.

Has there ever been a year where we drafted who we’ve had the most contact with. Every year it seems it’s a guy we hardly spoke with, Minkah didn’t even visit. I’m surprised THIS BOARD gets fooled by the pre draft scuttle butt. Did anyone really think we were going QB after the Tannehill starting story was leaked? Seriously with a straight face?

it's not everyone on this board. but there is a vocal group that has no clue what the time period leading up to the draft is all about.

i gave up trying to explain it to them, and just sit back and watch it year after year.

Back
Top Bottom