2018 NFL Draft: Dolphins might turn attention to Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Draft: Dolphins might turn attention to Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph

Kyle Lauletta would probably be my #1 choice of the "second-tier", mid-round guys...though I like Falk as well.

Apparently Miami is very high on Luke Falk. They have met with him on several occasions and are going to meet with him again before the draft on a special visit. This is according to Simon Clancy’s Twitter. I would post a link, but don’t know how to do it. Seems to me he’s a strong possibility at #42?

Apparently Miami is very high on Luke Falk. They have met with him on several occasions and are going to meet with him again before the draft on a special visit. This is according to Simon Clancy’s Twitter. I would post a link, but don’t know how to do it. Seems to me he’s a strong possibility at #42?
I don’t think we need to burn a 2nd on him

I know everyone hates the idea, but if we could trade down and pickup an extra 2nd somehow I would be ok with that. Would allow us to take a LB/DT, TE, and QB with the first 3 picks.

If we're out of the top QB race, then no ****ing way. That means top talent is most likely falling to us at 11. I'll take that over mediocre TE prospects and 2nd tier QB prospects any day.

I've had a hard time coming up with a comp for Mason Rudolph, but maybe similar to Andy Dalton.

A trade down could be challenging, but you never know. Would love another 2nd rounder. Maybe get Payne, Andrew's and Rudolph.

That guy has taken a beating in college. I have concerns of him being the next Gabbert.

That guy has taken a beating in college. I have concerns of him being the next Gabbert.

He's not even as good of a prospect as Gabbert was, and Gabbert was a terrible prospect. But at least Gabbert had some athletic ability.

Falk has concussion issues, can't throw receivers open, and has thrown hundreds of passes in an offense that simply doesn't translate to Sunday football.

Sounds just like a player teams like Miami will trip over their own feet to hurry up and acquire. Miami hasn't been this irrelevant for this long by accident.

I don't even know why they send people to the combine every year. They just can't seem to locate the talented players. They just ignore em.

He's not even as good of a prospect as Gabbert was, and Gabbert was a terrible prospect. But at least Gabbert had some athletic ability.

Falk has concussion issues, can't throw receivers open, and has thrown hundreds of passes in an offense that simply doesn't translate to Sunday football.

Sounds just like a player teams like Miami will trip over their own feet to hurry up and acquire. Miami hasn't been this irrelevant for this long by accident.

I don't even know why they send people to the combine every year. They just can't seem to locate the talented players. They just ignore em.

I just don't see what others are apparently seeing in QBs like Falk and Rudolph. Rounds 2 and 3 are way too high for either, so I fully expect the Phins to pick one of them in that range. Then I'll get to read about how "Russell Wilson was picked in the third and look how he turned out." Yeah, cool, except he fell that far primarily because of his height and not a laundry list of deficiencies like these guys.

I just don't see what others are apparently seeing in QBs like Falk and Rudolph. Rounds 2 and 3 are way too high for either, so I fully expect the Phins to pick one of them in that range. Then I'll get to read about how "Russell Wilson was picked in the third and look how he turned out." Yeah, cool, except he fell that far primarily because of his height and not a laundry list of deficiencies like these guys.

I like Rudolph better than Mayfield. It's not a popular view on this particular board, but I've been around here 10 years.

Value wise, I like Lauletta or White in rounds 3/4 over Rudolph in the 2nd.

We'd be passing on a ready to start TE in the second round for Rudolph. I don't see a big gap (if there's even a gap) that separates Rudolph from the others. The only QB I'd take at 42 is Lamar Jackson and I'm confident he'll be gone 20-30 spots higher.

I won't be mad at any QB selections though. I'll trust Adam Gase there.

I like Rudolph better than Mayfield. It's not a popular view on this particular board, but I've been around here 10 years.
In terms of NFL player comparison, I'd be interested in seeing your "ceiling/floor" on all of the QB prospects.

You aren’t alone on Rudolph. Hate that Oklahoma state system, it’s primarily 1-2 reads. Guys from systems like that rarely adapt to being anything more than a jag backup in the nfl and Rudolph is no exception

He’s overhyped bc of his “prototypical size” and the stats he put up. He’s likely gonna Be over drafted bc of it too

You aren’t missing out on anything w/ him and burning 43 on him is a huge mistake imo

He’s this years bryce Petty, although I will a say he’s not quite as raw as Petty was

I think Rudolph or Faulk would be a mistake.

In terms of NFL player comparison, I'd be interested in seeing your "ceiling/floor" on all of the QB prospects.

I don't know what sense it makes to do it, and I could only do it for the quarterbacks particular to my board anyway - but the comparison I've always made for Rudolph that fits him is Nick Foles.

Tell you what I'll do though, I'll give you some quarterbacks over the past 15 years or so that I've either graded similar to, or are very close in playing style and upside to every quarterback on my board.

I'll give you players that cover both ends of the spectrum for each, and let you decide what you think their ceiling and floor is.

Lamar Jackson: Brad Smith, Robert Griffin, Tyrod Taylor, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Josh Dobbs.

Which of those players do you believe Lamar Jackson is most like? You may not even remember a few of em, not sure how old you are. Which end if the spectrum do you believe his career falls on?

I do want to make one thing clear, Lamar Jackson is not Michael Vick. Not even close. I don't care how many times you hear it or who says it. Even from Vick himself.

Back
Top Bottom