2018 NFL Draft order as of right now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Draft order as of right now

I have no idea why anyone is discussing drafting a quarterback in the first round....only reason to do so is if it's obvious that Tannehill isn't going to come back from injury. There are way too many holes for us to consider drafting a quarterback.

I'm looking more at an Arden Key/Roquan Smith type of player.

Miamis putting itself in the Lamar Jackson market if you want a qb top pick.

Top 12ish. Although reading the tea leaves I don’t currently see a qb top pick in play barring a top 5 finish

You aren’t currently in the Rosen market folks...you probably have to lose out to sniff that

I’m feeling a top 8 pick coming more and more every day

If darnold goes back to school and I think he should expect Jackson to get pushed up once he tests.
Would you draft Baker, Lamar, or Sam if we're in position to do so?

From what I've seen, Mayfield has a pretty weak arm and runs a high school offense. What am I missing?

I have no idea why anyone is discussing drafting a quarterback in the first round....only reason to do so is if it's obvious that Tannehill isn't going to come back from injury. There are way too many holes for us to consider drafting a quarterback.

I'm looking more at an Arden Key/Roquan Smith type of player.
Because we still have an unknown commodity with Tannehill at the helm. If five seasons, he has one great half of a season and been mediocre otherwise. He will command a large extension soon. You need to have someone waiting if (my prayer) the new front office and coaching staff seems him as not the long term QB answer.

IMO, teams that win consistently have 2 things- good coaching and very good QB play.
Good coaches always field competitive teams. The Phins have talent, but are very poor scheme wise.
The Packers are a shell of themselves without Rodgers. The Saints are looking like a very good team again.
RT is a slightly above average QB, but unless you get superior coaching, he will keep you in NFL purgatory.
If the Phins are drafting near the top 5, and have the opportunity to draft one of the top QBs, they must do so.
Those opportunities don’t come along often and must be taken advantage of.
Aaron Rodgers or Ronnie Brown? Matt Ryan or Jake Long?

might not be the least but it's not even close to be the worst problem either once Tannehill is back next year. DE is a big need as we still have no pass rush. TE and RB are needs and the whole O-line sucks too and if Landry walks that's another one.

Ozzy rules!!

we just drafted a DE in the first round, traded away our running back, have 3 1st rd picks on the o line and parker looks like a bust as well. how in the hell our are talent evaluaters still employed?

Yeah, I'd be kind of surprised if we went QB first round. Anytime after that makes sense though. Of course, that would be the proactive move, which is inherently un-Dolphins.
And most times they choose not to react. See back-up QB talent, see offensive line sucked since Jake Long's 4th yr in Miami, see they needed a run stopping DE, they take a pass rushless pass rusher, can't find an avg. TE, secondary still blowing assignments as usual.

I see a pattern

If we're not picking at least 5-8 then this season is an even bigger loss than it currently appears to be.

We could easily lose out

We just lost a battle of bad qbs we could lose more of them

Denver and buffalo games come to mind

To my eye everything at best says 6 and 10

I've been saying 6-10 but 5-11 is more likely not if not losing out. Not a chance in hell they win at NE, KC, or Buffalo. Can they beat Buffalo at home? It's possible. Will the Bills be in the playoff still at that point? We'll find out.

Denver is an abomination this year but no one here would be shocked if Osweiler was to throw for 275 yds and 3 TDs here in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom