2018 NFL Mock Draft: Dolphins back to looking defense according to SB Nation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Dolphins back to looking defense according to SB Nation

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Kadar gives Miami Virginia Tech linebacker Tremained Edmunds in this week’s mock, likely leading to a linebacker trio of Raekwon McMillan, Kiko Alonso, and Edmunds for the Dolphins. Of the pick,

Kadar writes:
Edmunds is yet another player who could be moving up the draft with a good combine showing. For the Dolphins, it would be a coin flip situation with he and Georgia’s Roquan Smith on the board. That is, unless they draft a quarterback here.

Last week, our own Josh Houtz broke down Edmunds, concluding:

Although I still believe Georgia LB Roquan Smith is the best LB prospect in the draft, Tremaine Edmunds could end up being the better player when all is said and done. At just 19-years old, he has the ability to make plays that many linebackers simply can’t. And his strength and skill-set will only get better with experience. His prototypical size would make him an ideal fit as SAM in a 4-3 defense, or a MLB in a 3-4. Edmunds ability to dissect a play and react without hesitation is an art, and one that I look forward to seeing develop as the years pass. He needs to continue to get better in coverage, but has shown enough throughout his collegiate career to warrant a top-10 pick in this year’s draft. Whether or not Edmunds will be available when Miami is on the clock is anyone’s guess. But one thing is certain, the Dolphins could do a lot worse than Tremaine Edmunds at No. 11.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/2...ack-to-looking-defense-according-to-sb-nation

That would be a nice addition for Miami. I keep seeing him pretty consistently mocked to SF, which makes even more sense after the Foster allegations. My gut is he'll be off the board with Smith and James more likely options.

Back
Top Bottom