2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts

I'm not sure how fast Ian Thomas is (Panthers rookie TE) but man Raekwon looked so slow trying to chase him down on that touchdown.

Might have been the most disappointing play of the game. Terrifying to see a guy with such high expectations look so incredibly pathetic.

Mcmillan doesn’t show to be a better athlete Miamis gonna be moving him to strong in 2019.

And drafting a legit mike. Cause chase Allen isn’t it I can tell ya that much.

I don’t know who thought in that building that taking a 225 lb it looks like college lb that didn’t like to mix it up and do the dirty work on college tape and was not good enough at the poa and putting him at strong in base was a good idea but that cat should be fired for incompetence.

There’s too much gap fill in this scheme ask to try and get away with it. We aren’t run and chase. You blow a gap and they are galloping downhill into your 2nd level.

The lb level is once again a major red flag. Only 4 we can even play with. And limitations with them even. Everyone keeps talking about that second corner I’d **** a brick about that lb level.

Got a damn slot corner playing boundary in base got a ideal centerfield safety who can also play the slot in some packages starting in the slot. Just trying to compensate for other dificiencies instead of playing guys where their best fits are.

But hey Robert Quinn looks legit in a 43 wide 9 edge rush role. So at least there’s that.

Til teams scheme to let him up field and run the ball in the gap he vacated in the process.

Mcmillan doesn’t show to be a better athlete Miamis gonna be moving him to strong in 2019.

And drafting a legit mike. Cause chase Allen isn’t it I can tell ya that much.

I don’t know who thought in that building that taking a 225 lb it looks like college lb that didn’t like to mix it up and do the dirty work on college tape and was not good enough at the poa and putting him at strong in base was a good idea but that cat should be fired for incompetence.

There’s too much gap fill in this scheme ask to try and get away with it. We aren’t run and chase. You blow a gap and they are galloping downhill into your 2nd level.

Baker at strong was baffling to me. That's not going to last.

Other than the Ian Thomas play I thought Raekwon looked much improved over last week.

I was extremely displeased with the lack of plays to our TE's in the first half. Gase was insisting on trying to run the ball in the red zone against a team with awesome run stuffing ability and a questionable secondary. It was just senseless.

On the subject of play-calling, I watched the first team snaps again. I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't think Adam Gase gave a flying **** about down, distance, or scoring points. He was absolutely trying to get Mike Gesicki as many live blocking reps as possible, and he was absolutely just trying to get Ryan Tannehill as many 'throw a football in an actual game situation where you aren't wearing a red jersey' reps as possible.

I think if you re-watch the first half that is REALLY obvious in the play calls.

Baker at strong was baffling to me. That's not going to last.

Other than the Ian Thomas play I thought Raekwon looked much improved over last week.

I only saw the td highlight. That was ugly. Kind of space play speed you don’t want to put on tape.

I hope I see that tomorrow from raekwon cause it’s not like we have any other choice. It’s ride or die. Only other option would be move him to strong and Kiko to mike with baker at weak.

And with all our gap fill at the lb level that just seems like too soft a look. You would get Kikos splash play mike instincts back though. Be a give and take

I only saw the td highlight. That was ugly. Kind of space play speed you don’t want to put on tape.

I hope I see that tomorrow from raekwon cause it’s not like we have any other choice. It’s ride or die. Only other option would be move him to strong and Kiko to mike with baker at weak.

And with all our gap fill at the lb level that just seems like too soft a look. You would get Kikos splash play mike instincts back though. Be a give and take

I think outside of that TD Raekwon did a decent job. Had a couple splash plays.

Baker needs to be at weak permanently.

Baker for this year needs to be a long down and distance sub package or possible dime backer.

In 19 I could see him being a starting weak side backer. In 18 only if Kiko was to go down.

They just need to package play the hell out of this lb Corp. there’s only 4 to play with.

And I am not even sure Anthony counts at that 4. I would have Allen in base sets sometimes and get his ass out in down and distance.

I’m not counting Anthony. The saints knew what we are finding out. That light bulbs not coming on.

I’d cut him if I had a 5th better option. But I don’t.

I think outside of that TD Raekwon did a decent job. Had a couple splash plays.

Baker needs to be at weak permanently.

Yeah but the TD was awful. It's going to take a lot for me to get past how slow he looked and wonder if he's all the way back from that injury. It honestly doesn't look like it to me.

I think that he's in the same boat as Lippett, except that they just don't have any other options at MLB.

Yeah but the TD was awful. It's going to take a lot for me to get past how slow he looked and wonder if he's all the way back from that injury. It honestly doesn't look like it to me.

I think that he's in the same boat as Lippett, except that they just don't have any other options at MLB.

Look at him on the screen play before that.

Look at him on the screen play before that.

He did make a nice stop on the screen play. I also saw him getting washed out hard on some run plays. I don't know, he honestly just doesn't look like he's 100% to me. I want to believe that it's mental and he'll get over it, but I'm close to hitting the panic button on this defense.

Back
Top Bottom