2018 Stadium Updates | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Stadium Updates

Soooooooo ... Where's that tailgate area again?

I haven't been down since Saban, and the spectacular comeback vs. Buffalo ... Might be time to fix that. (Potentially Dec. 23 vs. Jacksonville - pending)
East 12. I will give new instructions before the season. Not sure if they made any access road changes this offseason.

Looks like the field is being replaced again!

062520180938_l.jpg
Why is keeping our field in good shape such a problem? We need to get the Canes out of there and have it be ours only. They tear the snot out of it. Then WE in OUR stadium have to play on what's left. UM is an expensive school. They should easily be able to get their own stadium. Want to be the big boys then act like the big boys.

There has been some annoyance in this thread about losing car parking. If the fins build the new facility at the stadium a lot more will be lost

The franchise, which lost about 20,000 seats in the stadium renovation, would build the complex over existing parking spaces

https://hrld.us/2NG265w

073120181943_l.jpg

Before the 8:00pm game. There have been 6 soccer games there since 7/26. There are some worn spots in front of the net areas, however the rest of the field looks pretty good. Nothing else scheduled until our game on 8/9.

There has been some annoyance in this thread about losing car parking. If the fins build the new facility at the stadium a lot more will be lost

https://hrld.us/2NG265w
Most of the 20,000 lost seats are probably non-tailgaters, casual fans anyways. Right now it may not be a big problem but once the team is successful again and season tickets will be sold at a higher pace parking will become a major problem. The Dolphins had some 60,000 season ticket holders during the 80s and 90s. The parking lots were packed from the moment the parking gates opened. At that time the parking lots for club level etc were much smaller and no tennis courts were installed. Most lots were designated Orange which has the majority of tailgaters. The Dolphins will be in major trouble if the season ticket holder base increases and they have not enough Orange Parking Passes available to satisfy all season ticket holders. At this point they can't even satisfy the 2-Ticket rule anymore.

073120181943_l.jpg

Before the 8:00pm game. There have been 6 soccer games there since 7/26. There are some worn spots in front of the net areas, however the rest of the field looks pretty good. Nothing else scheduled until our game on 8/9.

Only time will tell, but so far this new turf seems to be holding up much better.

080220181213_l.jpg

Starting to look like a football field again!!!!!
Training Camp Scrimmage at Hard Rock Stadium this Saturday.

Just for people to understand what the problem with dedicated Dolphins fans will be. Orange parkers are the main tailgaters.

The following three maps are in order from 2005, 2017 and 2018.

Sun-Life-Stadium-Parking-Map.png

sfl-dolphins-stadium-enters-unique-partnership-with-sunpass-for-parking-20160815.jpg

parking map.jpg

Is the problem the tennis area?
Tennis area is a huge part of the problem. The other two big problem areas are the change from orange to game day parking on the outer lots. Orange parkers in the outside lots in the past were usually the ones who got there a little later and weren't tailgaters. Now the same people arrive earlier, park inside in orange lots and basically leave those who are tailgaters in the dust.
The excessive increase of "luxury parking" has also taken away from a lot of orange parking.
Going from last year to this year the tennis courts took a major part of orange parking. The tennis courts took out black, purple and orange parking. To replace the black and purple (merged with blue) they took out even more orange parking.

In the past there was the 2-ticket rule: for every 2 season tickets you were able to pay a parking pass. They can't even satisfy their current season ticket holders with orange parking anymore.

Tennis area is a huge part of the problem. The other two big problem areas are the change from orange to game day parking on the outer lots. Orange parkers in the outside lots in the past were usually the ones who got there a little later and weren't tailgaters. Now the same people arrive earlier, park inside in orange lots and basically leave those who are tailgaters in the dust.
The excessive increase of "luxury parking" has also taken away from a lot of orange parking.
Going from last year to this year the tennis courts took a major part of orange parking. The tennis courts took out black, purple and orange parking. To replace the black and purple (merged with blue) they took out even more orange parking.

In the past there was the 2-ticket rule: for every 2 season tickets you were able to pay a parking pass. They can't even satisfy their current season ticket holders with orange parking anymore.
This frustrated me, I took the plunge to buy season tickets this year, and they would only let me buy a yellow parking pass.

This frustrated me, I took the plunge to buy season tickets this year, and they would only let me buy a yellow parking pass.
In the past those yellows were all orange as well. At least back then you had the option of parking closer to the stadium (the earlier you come the closer you parked). But now fans like you don't even have hat option anymore.

It is quite a hike from those yellow lots to the stadium - under the midday sun.

Back
Top Bottom