2018 Stadium Updates | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Stadium Updates

if anyone is interested

for the grass enthuiasts:

@antwanstaley: Garfinkel says they have addressed their field issue. He says they were getting bad field off the track from their vendor. Says the problem is solved as they have a new vendor

@LuisDSung: Garfinkel says they'll grow their own sod in Palm Beach in an attempt to better control the field conditions, as they were getting bad track from their vendor. Never let it be said @TomGarfinkel and the @miamidolphins don't hear the cries of the fanbase.

Last edited:

I dispute these "facts". I know of at least 5 season ticket holders from last year with Orange Parking who were "downgraded" to Yellow because of no availability.
If he is talking about Purple, Black and Blue I may agree but those are not tailgaters anyways and most are being driven to the Stadium. The "luxury" lots were never filled.

Someone has to get their ducks in a row or "facts" straight. Sun Sentinel says it is the NW corner and this graphic has it on the NE corner.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ns-move-training-facility-20180807-story.html
Putting the facility on the parking lots is bad enough. On the NW corner they have to get rid of Yellow Parking and Bus and RV Lots. At least the RV and Bus Lot have to be replaced and guess what Parking Lot color will have to go?
If this graphic is true though than the facility goes right where Lot 1 is (3/4 Orange parking).

Looks to me like they are forcing the end of tailgating.

Last edited:
I dispute these "facts". I know of at least 5 season ticket holders from last year with Orange Parking who were "downgraded" to Yellow because of no availability.

Looks to me like they are forcing the end of tailgating.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Ross has been following Daytona Speedways lead for awhile now and they have done away with about all outside the speedway activities. They are basically forcing people inside to hang out and spend money with all their new renovations. I can see tailgating being an expensive exclusive ticket in the future. I mean it makes sense for Ross to have as many fans inside hanging out and spending their money on his food and beverages. It's going to shed a lot of the die hards the same way Nascar has killed off most of their fan base. If I don't have tailgating , I won't be as eager to make my annual trips down there.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Ross has been following Daytona Speedways lead for awhile now and they have done away with about all outside the speedway activities. They are basically forcing people inside to hang out and spend money with all their new renovations. I can see tailgating being an expensive exclusive ticket in the future. I mean it makes sense for Ross to have as many fans inside hanging out and spending their money on his food and beverages. It's going to shed a lot of the die hards the same way Nascar has killed off most of their fan base. If I don't have tailgating , I won't be as eager to make my annual trips down there.
If I don't have tailgating I am less inclined to go as well and I am much closer. :laugh
It is a huge part of the game day experience.

Field is ready for tomorrow night...

FOOTBALL IS BACK!

080820181618_l.jpg

Well, the new practice facility will only impact the RV lot and a cash lot. So there is that. Plus, with more people taking Uber, and their like, to games it negates the need for as much parking.
If that facility goes to the NW corner yes. I stated so as well. The RV lot and Bus Lot and the missing yellow lot will need to be replaced somewhere.
Uber at this time is overrated. Those who are taking Uber were never tailgaters and probably parked on the outside lots anyways. I don't mind if they put all these facilities and tennis courts on the outside lots. But they are essentially taking away valuable parking space from the hardcore fans who are turning the game day experience into an event. That is the point. As much as they want to or I care they can put skyscrapers on the outside lots. They can't even satisfy their season ticket holders with appropriate parking passes anymore - despite the reduction in seats.

You are also mistaken that the Yellow Lot is cash only lot.

If that facility goes to the NW corner yes. I stated so as well. The RV lot and Bus Lot and the missing yellow lot will need to be replaced somewhere.
Uber at this time is overrated. Those who are taking Uber were never tailgaters and probably parked on the outside lots anyways. I don't mind if they put all these facilities and tennis courts on the outside lots. But they are essentially taking away valuable parking space from the hardcore fans who are turning the game day experience into an event. That is the point. As much as they want to or I care they can put skyscrapers on the outside lots. They can't even satisfy their season ticket holders with appropriate parking passes anymore - despite the reduction in seats.

You are also mistaken that the Yellow Lot is cash only lot.

I agree with you in regards to Uber, those aren’t hardcore tailgaters.

But those hardcore tailgaters are dwindling down and the Uber riders are on the rise. Hell from my house Uber is less than $20 from the stadium. So me and my 3 buddies can go down round trip for under $40 and don’t have to worry about parking costs or driving. Sure I am not saying this has to be the plan every week but it’s a nice change of pace and they continue to retool this to make it even more accessible.

Like it or not, Steve Ross is gonna turn his property into a mega ship. Cruising used to be about destinations and spending money on different islands . . . Now cruising is about onboard amenities and having people spending money on the ship. It is a loose comparison but that is the end goal here.

And in this town where a generation of losing has occurred and there are less hardcore ties and the town being event based . . . His end goal has a chance to work, and work very well.

Back
Top Bottom