2018 Stadium Updates | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Stadium Updates

I agree with you in regards to Uber, those aren’t hardcore tailgaters.

But those hardcore tailgaters are dwindling down and the Uber riders are on the rise. Hell from my house Uber is less than $20 from the stadium. So me and my 3 buddies can go down round trip for under $40 and don’t have to worry about parking costs or driving. Sure I am not saying this has to be the plan every week but it’s a nice change of pace and they continue to retool this to make it even more accessible.

Like it or not, Steve Ross is gonna turn his property into a mega ship. Cruising used to be about destinations and spending money on different islands . . . Now cruising is about onboard amenities and having people spending money on the ship. It is a loose comparison but that is the end goal here.

And in this town where a generation of losing has occurred and there are less hardcore ties and the town being event based . . . His end goal has a chance to work, and work very well.
Comparing it to cruising is not the right thing to do and is a rather narrow view.
For one there is still cruising available where the destination is the main objective. So you still have choices.
Secondly cruising has gone down in prices and berths have increased. And thirdly most new amenities unknown to the cruising industry some 20 years ago are included in the price. And if you have to pay for them they are rather small priced compare to the same experience on land.
Football has become more expensive in every way and does not offer new amenities. He is not building a 'mega ship' to entertain the masses he is simply maximizing profits by eventually forcing everybody to buy overpriced items. It is basically becoming a rip off unless you enjoy to pay for a frozen and reheated chicken wrap $20 or a Sloppy Joe burger straight out of the can for $13. A bottle of Floridian cost you $10 which you can buy a 6 pack for less at Publix.

The basic fan ship who held the flag up through all the losing years were those who saw a football game as an all day event. And it was our job to hand down that tradition to the next generation. My son has never really seen a successful Dolphins team but he is a tailgater. For him it is all about hanging out with friends and family, bbq-ing and as highlite to go to the game. Ross will lose that new generation of Dolphins fan by eliminating that type of entertainment. It will become a casual crowd who doesn't care about the success or not and he will lose the life blood of the franchise which are still season ticket holders. He'll force the team to be more successful even more so to fill the seats because the 40,000 season ticket holders won't be there anymore.
Personally I don't care. I am getting into that age that eventually I have to begin to reconsider what to do on game days. A few more years of tailgating and that will be it for me. It is your generation who enjoys Uber and paying $30 for a basic frozen food meal and a bottle of beer. More power to you. :laugh

Anyone know what they're building on County line where the horses used to be kept?

No idea about the area your talking about, but they are building a facility for growing their own grass for the field, could that be it?

New field, for a new season, is being put in place today. Over/Under on how many times the field gets replaced this season? We already have it being replaced twice since preseason started.

090420181133_l.jpg

I'm going with 10 times...

New field, for a new season, is being put in place today. Over/Under on how many times the field gets replaced this season? We already have it being replaced twice since preseason started.

090420181133_l.jpg

This is ridiculous. Soccer game in the stadium last night and the grounds crew has literally been working all.night to get the field done for today's Canes game at 6pm. It is 4am and they are still painting the field.

090820180403_l.jpg

This is ridiculous. Soccer game in the stadium last night and the grounds crew has literally been working all.night to get the field done for today's Canes game at 6pm. It is 4am and they are still painting the field.

090820180403_l.jpg
You really need to let go of the field. The field was in real good condition for both football games. If they want to pay for overnight crews that is their decision.

The Field looked great after a Canes game yesterday. But someone needs to learn to manage the storm delays. 52 years in Fl and I have never seen anything like that. I engineered 100 people on 2 busses to the the game and had to get them out of there without watching the second half...WTH I kept hearing this was an NFL rule and not the Dolphins...Biggest fan here, but C'mon Man! It is South Fl. If we have to wait two hours twice because lightning was 1 mile away and then 3 miles away and in the mean time, we sat there and watched the Sun Shine......#Fail

Last edited by a moderator:
Now thart the great FH grass debate seems to be over....

Back
Top Bottom