2018 Tailgate Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phins_4_ever, Sep 18, 2018.

1. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Here we go again - Our annual tailgate thread.
    This is your place to ask questions you might have in regards to tailgating, parking, game day info and of course Finheaveners are always welcome and we hope to see you all soon.

We are still in the same spot (East 12) like last year. East 12 is in Lot 2. There is only one change. I added another tent and the Dolphins bar is now under the tent so it can be used if the weather is not so sunny.
    All the pictures were taking right after set up so there is not much activity.

FYI: for all 1pm games our tailgate starts at 8:30am.

The bar under the tent

09-09-18 (5).jpg

09-09-18 (5a).jpg

FH City has grown to 8 tents and roughly 30 people. Of those were - I believe 3 or 4 FHers with friends and/or family, some lurkers and some soon to be FHers. :hclap:
    One day very soon we will need a "Welcome To Downtown Finheaven" and a "You Are Leaving Downtown Finheaven" sign. :lol:

Downtown Finheaven

09-09-18 (1).jpg

09-09-18 (2).jpg
    09-09-18 (3).jpg

09-09-18 (4).jpg

Mb33139, Daytona Fin, NY8123 and 3 others like this.
  2. nando03

nando03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Thanks for posting! It's such a fun time to spend with everyone before the games! See you Sunday!

phins_4_ever likes this.
  3. phins_4_ever

Looking forward to it my friend. Let's hope it won't be another 7-hour game. Lol

4. finatical

finatical Scout Team

That's so awesome! Hope to stop by on Sunday and see you guys.

5. phins_4_ever

Absolutely. Are you from out of town?

6. finatical

finatical Scout Team

No, I live in Jupiter. Was at the Titans game, going to the Raiders and Bears games. Had to tailgate with 100ppl on two busses for the Titans and coming down with my 30 yr old daughter for the Raiders game. I will definitely try and stop by.

phins_4_ever likes this.
  7. phins_4_ever

Check-in always at the Dolphins bar. :lol:

finatical likes this.
  8. phins_4_ever

@finatical Just make sure its before noon. Noon time is clean up time and then breakdown time. :chuckle:
    Food is cooked between 9:30/10 and noon. :cheers:

9. finatical

finatical Scout Team

Will do, Thx Again! Hope to see the Finheaven crew on Sunday! Go Fins

uk_dolfan and phins_4_ever like this.
  10. finatical

finatical Scout Team

So, tonight, I just picked up two stragglers for the game (my nephew and his friend). We would love to hook up and bring some Bubba burgers or anything that we could contribute to the cook out. Let me know what we can bring. Of course, we will bring our beer and bring a bottle of Patron to share! Finatical

11. phins_4_ever

Where do you park?
    Burgers are always good. I haven't decided on my cooking yet. Last game I did burgers and bratwurst (real German hot and beer brats). @nando03 and his wife did some kick *** chicken. Mike did some smoked bacon and ribs.

12. Mb33139

Mb33139 Well-Known Member

Game day! Let's gooooo! Wife and I will stop by and it'd be great to meet you guys. We'll bring the beer and lamb chops...

phins_4_ever likes this.
  13. finatical

finatical Scout Team

It was great to meet you guys, I wish I could have gotten there earlier. I didn't realize we were going to end up with 20 somethings partying at a tailgate 3 rows over. Go Fins! It was great to see the vaunted Raider Nation leaving near the end of the 4th quarter. Go Fins! 3-0, First Place in the AFC. And if anyone goes to a Dolphins game and doesn't have a place to TailGate, Make sure to check in to the FinHeavens Dolphins Bar!

fishfanmiami and phins_4_ever like this.
  14. phins_4_ever

09-23-18 vs Oakland Raiders

Today I have only a handful pictures from very early on. My new phone came in a couple days earlier and I was still in progress of getting used to it (mental note: change from a 4:3 format to a wide format immediately :lol:).

Sunday 8:30am the setup begins.

09-23-18 (1).jpg

This picture shows my setup: two tents, one for the bar and one sitting area
    The tent behind mine belongs to Mike and Cathy, two very dear friends of our Finheaven owner Hendrik.

09-23-18 (2).jpg

On the left side we have new FH town members (beginning this year). Yes I am working on them to join. They are lurkers.
    Then you have two held spots for citizens of FH City who have not arrived yet.

The tent leg on the left belongs to my son's friends who are members of our "community" for a couple years now.
    (thank you 4:3 format :nah:)
    09-23-18 (3).jpg

This time we had 8 tents again with one missing.

This time I cooked wings (62 of them) in home made rub. Served with cole slaw and chips and dip.
    Mike did smoked Margarita ribs, bacon wraps and bacon. I am not a bacon fan but even I have to say: delicious.

09-23-18 (5).jpg
    09-23-18 (4).jpg

I was absolutely delighted of meeting @Mb33139 and his wife. They even brought burgers and hot dogs.

Just a quick advise to all who will be joining us sometimes this season. If you bring food you should arrive as early as possible. We usually cook and set the food out on the bar or Mike's tables for people just to grab what they want. We usually slow down with cooking around 11:15/11;30am. Grills need cool down time. Around noon we break down.
    There is no stop for drinks though. :cheers:

Next time against the Bears I will take pictures throughout the tailgate and maybe do a couple videos so you all can get a feel for it.

Big shoutout to @finatical who stopped by as well. Was great meeting you. Next time move your group over. The more the merrier.

@nando03 was missing in action. :lol:
    It's all good my friend. You can't escape me. You are sitting two rows behind me. :hclap:

15. finatical

finatical Scout Team

Good time! Finheaven has a great set up! Anyone tailgating whether visiting or a local should drop by! We will be there for the Bears game and stop by! Go Fins! 3-0...This week only, ask Siri who is the best team in the NFL

phins_4_ever likes this.