2018 Tailgate Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phins_4_ever, Sep 18, 2018.

1. radicalracer34

radicalracer34 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys. Will probably park in a yellow lot and meander around. Is there a specific yellow lot that’s better than the rest? Will be going North postgame if that makes a difference

2. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

where are you coming from and where are you going after the game?

3. Mikeyv11

Mikeyv11 Member

Hey guys!!!! Ill be in town attending my first ever home game this weekend. Was hoping ti find out if you are still doing this tailgate? Id love to stop in and meet everyone!

4. phins_4_ever

Of course. Every home game.
    :pbj:

5. Mikeyv11

Mikeyv11 Member

Im coning from Tampa but not really familar with the area. Can you tell me where to find you guys at? Would you mind if I stopped in? I got 3 buddies with me. Unfortunately one is a Jets fan lol. But good people.

6. phins_4_ever

Are you coming from the Turnpike?
    Do you have a parking pass?

7. Mikeyv11

Mikeyv11 Member

I have a parking pass and Im staying in Miami Gardens. I havent really mapped out the route yet. I know we are close. Ill take a look.

8. bryan324

bryan324 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Pretty sure me and a friend will be at the bills tailgate 12/2

9. phins_4_ever

At the Bills tailgate? :lol:

10. Shuggy7

Shuggy7 Member

Hello all,
    I am coming from the UK for my first ever Dolphins game V the Jags and we would love to come meet you all at your tailgate. We arrive in Miami late on the Saturday and will get an Uber down from Fort Lauderdale in the morning.
    I just have a couple of noob questions having never been to one of these parties.
    - Should we bring some food for the grill if we are early enough? (and can find a local shop near the hotel) Otherwise I assume there are burger vans around to pick something up?
    - Is it the same for drinks? Bring enough for ourselves and others to share?

Can't wait to see you all and if we get through the Vikings I'm sure it'll be one hell of an atmosphere. We're in Block 121
    So jealous you were all there against the Pats. I screamed my house down watching Drake fly!!

11. finatical

finatical Scout Team

Shuggy7, I am sure phins_4_ever is swamped and he would be the one to check in with the final details for this. Coming from the UK, I can tell you that tailgating in the US is completely different. I went to the Dolphins Saints game at Wembley. Big difference. Tailgating in the US is all about partying in the giant parking lots behind your vehicles with loud blaring music and major barbecues going on. This is not a mass transit (trains) delivery system. Everyone drives and sets up for hours of partying. Arriving and leaving by Uber is cool. I would reach out to phins_4_ever by private message. He is awesome and usually has a great crew of Finheaven members at his site. Different world here. My suggestion would be to bring some burgers and a side, your own beverages of choice in a disposable stryo cooler as you have no where to store it afterwards and it wouldn't matter if it gets left behind. Unlike at Wembley, there are no Burger vans outside of the stadium as it is all about people bringing their own party to the stadium. Much more room here in the states. Plenty of food inside though. Make sure to arrive early enough to enjoy a true NFL tailgating experience. I would recommend getting there no later than 10-11am. By 12, they will be cleaning up the food and getting ready to head inside. Good luck! Welcome to the States and Go Fins!!! Finatical

phins_4_ever likes this.
  12. Shuggy7

Shuggy7 Member

Thanks very much for your message Finatical. Great advice I'll drop Phins a message. Do you go along to the party early?
    I've never experienced a tailgating party in my life so it'll be great to be part of. Especially if results go our way by next week.

As we arrive at 11pm Saturday I imagine I'll struggle to get the food in but I'll grab some in the ground and try to bring a case if I find a store near the hotel.
    Just can't wait for it. Perfect start to our honeymoon.

finatical and phins_4_ever like this.
  13. phins_4_ever

Quick a little correction I sent to Shuggy as well.
    Out-of-towners are never expected to bring anything. We host them. Important though is to let us know how many are coming. We had a couple of out-of-towners literally begging this year to bring something but I find it a waste of time for a person on vacation to find something to buy on the morning of the game. They are supposed to just relax and enjoy the whole experience. Since most of them were begging to contribute I told them to just hand over a couple dollars and I add it to the donation bucket. Right now we are up to $114 for our very first season-end donation to FH.

The other correction: there are burgers and brats on the South Plaza outside the stadium. I don't know if they have it on the North Plaza. I don't think I have ever been there. :lol:
    But the South Plaza is usually something people should experience. The food is expensive though and not as good as ours. :nah:

People always tend to miss our shots. When they arrive at 11 or 11:30 we have been through most of our shots already. First round of shots usually at 9:30/9:45. :lol:

I agree with beverage. If there is any beverage desired (especially non-alcoholic) they may want to pick it up before. We have beer and water. I usually have our local brew (Funky Buddah) on hand. The Floridian is the biggest runner. Plus we have some Yuengling and sometimes Fat Tire.

I am not sure what we will serve this tailgating. Last tailgate we had BBQ ribs, bacon wrapped hotdogs and fresh smoked bacon as well as some salads. The game before that we had wings, crab legs (yes you read correctly :lol:) and some stuff fresh off the smoker (bacon, bacon wrapped sausages etc). This time we are missing our smoker guy Mike though. He is out of town (family stuff for the holidays) and our tent number will be down from 7 or 8 to 6 (I believe).
    I am expecting around 15 to 20 people though.

Like I told you in the PM. Do not worry about bringing any food. :chuckle:
    I am usually the first one there (8:15 to 8:30). The rest usually arrives around 8:45 to 9.

finatical likes this.
  14. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

The Goat family will be on hand for Jacksonville. Driving down mid-afternoon from Northeast Pennsylvania on Friday, 12/21. Depending on traffic and the driving persistence of the wife and I, we might get to the Fort Lauderdale area Saturday afternoon or late night Saturday. I'm finding the closest hotel to Funky Buddha Brewing and filling up a couple growlers. Have to stop off at some point at Dade Memorial Park to visit Dad, (wife and kids have never been), and then to the tailgate.

Which parking pass is best to buy?

phins_4_ever likes this.