2018 Week 2 Snap Reactions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Week 2 Snap Reactions

did anyone else feel like there were very few deployments of the “wide 9” alignment? I only remember seeing the DTs 5 yards apart once on a passing down. I hope it is the start of a trend

I thought the offensive game plan right from the outset was too conservative. It also seemed like every break went Miami's way, for a change. Where has Cam Wake disappeared to.

I thought the offensive game plan right from the outset was too conservative. It also seemed like every break went Miami's way, for a change. Where has Cam Wake disappeared to.

Those designed fumbles were terrible play calls. As it was this team was down an OL starter and looked like garbage for two drives, on top of that our QB had happy feet to boot. It was smart, conservative playcalling that got players free to make plays that let us establish a rhythm. At the end, it wasn't playcalling that prevented our offense for anything, it was fluke turnovers.

Can I ask why on third and one later in the game, we daggone pass incompletely? Isnt that what Gore is for!!!???

Agree. I thought that was a strangle play call, on a day with few complaints.

Otherwise:

* You always want to play rookie quarterbacks. No matter what they look like, the point total typically underachieves

* Great job to dictate field position in the first half. Since that rookie quarterback didn't figure to put up many points, jumping on top was crucial

* Dolphins offense has now won two games despite a decent but not great output of 20 points each times. Grant with the kick return last week. We need more than 20 going forward

* I have to say I loved it when Bowles was quoted saying the Jets needed to establish the run in the second half. Down 20-0...be my guest. That attitude almost guaranteed the Jets would waste plays and waste time multiple times in the second half. And they did, with ineffective running plays on key drives while owning momentum and field position

* McCain with the huge smack to deny the touchdown on the final play of the first half. Jones dislodged the ball but Herndon had enough awareness to realize he could grab and go. Would have worked minus McCain

* Have to say Dolphins are now 2-0 in terms of favorable officiating. Definitely a missed pass interference on Fitzpatrick late in the game in the end zone. Back turned and making blatant contact. That is pass interference every time

* Division opponent will know your tendencies and personnel to such extent that underneath plays will be wiped out in greater percentage than typical, and likewise they will swarm into your backfield often for the same reason. Getting past them is excellent, for that reason alone. Now against non-division foes those cutesy plays will have room to ramble again

* So incredibly refreshing to be playing without Jarvis Landry, who never scores on that Wilson play

* Take some deep shots earlier

Way too conservative. I could predict almost every play... pass or run. I'm sure the Jets could do the same. So even without the go go - go, somehow we are still too predictable. Thankfully the talent outplayed the situation in the first half. The weather was in our favor, since it was almost like playing in Miami... hot and humid. What the hell happened in the second half? Gase saw Tannehill get sacked a couple times, and we are in full on conservative mode. Super predictable. We took only one real shot downfield and the lack of any throws longer than 5 - 8 yards deep for the entire rest of the game, I'm not shocked Tannehill overthrew it. HE was forced to throw dink and dunk the entire game. And the reason why? Because the Jets opened the game with a few easy sacks. They were lining 9+ players up practically on the line for that first series and resulted in two sacks (that Tannehill should have thrown away before taking them). Gase didn't look back the entire rest of the game. Dink and dunk, but no well designed screens to force their defense off the line.... I don't recall seeing much of an intermediate passing game either. It was all short crap, with only one attempt at a bomb. When the F will we get Gisecki involved in this offense? We saving him for NE or something?

Back
Top Bottom