2018 Week 2 Snap Reactions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Week 2 Snap Reactions

Just finished watching the game.....(hurricane recovery here in Myrtle Beach so had to record).....but my couple of quick takes....

O-line struggled in pass protection and RT is just as tough a customer as he always has been.

This is turning into a ball hawking defense. Love to see it and they are helping us win.

RT was efficient today. Not great, but efficient and he personally had more rushing yards than the Jets did at very key times.

And why is there no love for our punter? Outstanding game......

After the invisible pass rush last week, it was nice to see some pressure on Darnold.

It wasn’t a perfect game, and mainly it would be nice to put a team away when you have a 20-0 lead.

Still, give me a road division win any day.

Snap reaction: 2-0 is a lovely thing.

I probably shouldn't jinx anything, but.... I've finally gotten to the point where I don't freak out every time Jakeem Grant goes back to catch a punt.

Assuming Darnold stays healthy he's going to be a problem for years. Will probably have to learn another new offense next year though.

Great write-up, Wanny. Thanks.

- How about that Kiko Alonso??? Volume forced fumble in the second quarter. I have to tell you, Kiko looks completely revitalized; he's one of the best players on the team right now.

Kiko played great. However, and maybe this is just me, but didn't most of his tackles come because we was playing soft of whoever he was covering? I swear the Jets were intentionally calling plays that forced him into coverage. At one point it seemed like 4 or 5 consecutive passes in a row. At one point I yelled at the TV "Kiko, cover someone!" because they were getting chunk yardage against his coverage. Sure, he got the tackle, after giving up 10+ yd completions.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on him. I'm really glad he doesn't seem lost like he did the past 2 years. I just specifically remember that worrying me all game.

[QUOTE="laxcoach, post: 7699280, member: 5208]
Second, I saw Jets OT behind Quinn with his arm wrapped around Quinn’s neck multiple times today and there wasn’t a holding call. Towards the end of the game, you could see the ref behind the QB looking right at it.[/QUOTE]

This is getting old. Wake and Quinn are being held a lot it appears

It's one thing to say, "we can't call it every time... holding happens on almost every play." It's another to let this happen all the time and never call it.

My only concern is the clock in Tannehill’s Head. I counted multiple occasions where he held the ball way too long. I’m not excusing the OL but Tannehill has got to have a quicker clock.

My only concern is the clock in Tannehill’s Head. I counted multiple occasions where he held the ball way too long. I’m not excusing the OL but Tannehill has got to have a quicker clock.

I agree. He played slower than he did in the first game. Not sure why that would be.

Tannehill needs to learn to throw the ball away rather than take so many sacks.
I can only listen on the radio. The announcers said that also. BTW, why was Bob Griese not on the radio? Does he do only home games?

Back
Top Bottom