2019 Draft Grades From Around The Web | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Draft Grades From Around The Web

I'm pleased with our draft, not blown away after the first three but very interested to see how our coaches get the best out of their picks.

Was an extremely boring draft for sure . . . One that can make you feel like we didn’t do very well.

But getting a QB talent for the price we got Rosen, including adding a second rounder in 2020, makes it hard for me to rank it below an A-.

The Wilkins pick just makes sense. Unquestioned character and leadership, multiple front usuage, fits a need on the DLine and was the highest player left on the board for Miami.

Taking him over a sure fire starter at RT or Guard, especially with Rosen in the fold, will be questioned if they can’t properly protect him in 2019. I want to believe they can do a good enough job but its a hard sell for any Dolfan.

If Deiter is starting and having success on this line come September . . . Its an A. Success on Day 3 and the UDFA scene can turn it into an A+.

Overall I like how we managed ourselves the last 3 days. Felt like a team that was not bending over and that was in control and going to get good value whenever they made a move.

Good job

I think that AVG LB is a steal

I think that AVG LB is a steal

In what way? He seems so nonexplosive. I was the least enthused about that pick, what makes you think otherwise?... I literally know nothing about the guy.

NFL.com gave out 21 A's, 9 B's and 2 C's......that's a lot of love.
The official news source will never judge anyone too harshly, much like no pick is ever criticised much on NFLN.

Van Ginkle was the only one I was confused with. There were other players that were available, who were spoken so highly of, in the Finheaven threads and when Miami past on them, I was completely lost. But if Miami hits on Wilkins and Deiter, it's a winning draft.

Van Ginkle was the only one I was confused with. There were other players that were available, who were spoken so highly of, in the Finheaven threads and when Miami past on them, I was completely lost. But if Miami hits on Wilkins and Deiter, it's a winning draft.

Look up his RAS rating. It’s off the charts at 9.25

In what way? He seems so nonexplosive. I was the least enthused about that pick, what makes you think otherwise?... I literally know nothing about the guy.
Hes just a smart pats like defender. He knows his job and doesn't commit penalties. I also think he's pretty athletic for his size. 4.5 at 240 pounds. He is good at getting to the QB

It probably takes years to evaluate if picks 3-7 are going to be any good in this league. But for the most part I think are first 2 are going to be immediate impact players. I give it a A

Was an extremely boring draft for sure . . . One that can make you feel like we didn’t do very well.

But getting a QB talent for the price we got Rosen, including adding a second rounder in 2020, makes it hard for me to rank it below an A-.

The Wilkins pick just makes sense. Unquestioned character and leadership, multiple front usuage, fits a need on the DLine and was the highest player left on the board for Miami.

Taking him over a sure fire starter at RT or Guard, especially with Rosen in the fold, will be questioned if they can’t properly protect him in 2019. I want to believe they can do a good enough job but its a hard sell for any Dolfan.

If Deiter is starting and having success on this line come September . . . Its an A. Success on Day 3 and the UDFA scene can turn it into an A+.

Overall I like how we managed ourselves the last 3 days. Felt like a team that was not bending over and that was in control and going to get good value whenever they made a move.

Good job
I think Wilkins was just too good to pass up. But, yes there is what looks like a glaring weakness at RT unless the coaching staff can get Davis or Prince to develop quickly.

I have to give the FO credit for looking ahead. That's hard to do. Everyone would rather open presents now than to wait a few days, but this group set the team up well for 2020. I can see the team playing it forward with draft picks, much like the Patriots do. Heck, it seems like every year New England has at least 10 picks. Teams seems more willing to trade the next years picks and the Dolphins can continue to take advantage of that and build the team.

I don't put a lot of stock into the talking heads grades when they grade us poorly, and I'm not going to put much stock into them when they grade us well.

No one really knows how any team did, but this is the first year I can think of in a long time where we *possibly* nailed it, and can argue we had as good a draft as anybody.

Back
Top Bottom