2019 Draft Qb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Draft Qb

I've been flipping between Ohio State and Oregon games. Haskins ball placement seems to be all over the place, not started the game particuarily impressively. Herbert cant seem to generate anything right now for the Ducks, in that game WSU's senior transfer QB Gardner Minshew is absolutely ripping it up. Not sure where he stands in terms of being a prospect, but mighty impressive through the first half here.

Herbert is the real deal like. Into the second half and you can just see the kid has IT. We'll never be in a position to draft him unless we sell the farm.

I'm of the opinion you draft a QB in 2019 no matter what. Even a 3rd-4th rounder. Take a shot on a Jake Browning or a Brian Lewerke (although it's looking at this point like you could get Lewerke much, much later) and see how they handle the NFL.

My personal favorite QB is Daniel Jones. With Justin Herbert most likely staying in school, he should be the #1 QB by the end of the year IMHO

I say the same that I've said before a long time ago, given the way this class is shaping up, I have a temptation to just put my name next to Drew Anderson of Murray State and have done with it. Move onto 2020. I would perhaps amend that to add McKenzie Milton as a backup plan.

You have flawed and mediocre seniors like Drew Lock, Will Grier, Ryan Finley, Justice Hansen, and Clayton Thorson. Plus Jarrett Stidham who is technically a junior.

You have some juniors that are apparently staying in school like Justin Herbert, Dwayne Haskin, and Steven Montez, none of which are necessarily knock-outs anyway.

You have some guys that have plenty to like about them EXCEPT their actual throwing talent, like Gardner Minshew, Joe Burrow, Brian Lewerke, Eric Dungey, and Daniel Jones.

There are some specimen type athletes that have a lot of flaws, like Jordan Ta'amu, Nick Fitzgerald, and Tyree Jackson.

Given all of this landscape I just have to question why bother spending much. If I can get one of the very best of these for a low price because he's taken a circuitous route and ended up in the FCS (not because of any sort of trouble or personality flaws), I will take it.

Last edited:
Hey CK what round do you think Drew Anderson will go in the draft

I've said this before but at THIS stage he's an FCS guy who has been exiled to football hell (although he's slowly turning them into a high-powered offense, somehow), has been at 4 schools in 5 years, and only played five games against FBS opponents in his whole career.

I mean we will see what happens with the All Star invites and stuff, so you never really know, but he's bordering on UDFA.

It's difficult to assess what or how much NFL teams actually know about him. You'd have to be able to know that in order to predict where he'd be drafted. All you can do is attach value to him based on where you'd draft him if you've scouted him.

If scouts are attending his games and liking what they see, they're not going to announce it to the world. They're simply going to convey that information to their respective teams. But rest assured, the numbers he's putting up are hard to hide. Even harder to hide if they keep winning and make it into the FCS playoffs.

Murray State was picked to finish 8 of 9 in the Ohio Valley Conference. They scored 21 points per game last year and won 3 games. Minor miracle that they've won 4 in a row and scored an average of 43 points per game in the process, now leading the Ohio Valley Conference. More like a major miracle if they turn that into a playoff berth or a playoff run.

That showing against Kentucky was shameful. So many drops by the receivers. The snapper was a giant puke. But the most shameful of all to me was the head coach giving up on the offense with 12 seconds to go in the 1st half, the ball at the 11 yard line, 1st & Goal with a timeout at their disposal. He let the clock run out, called a time out, and then kicked the field goal. They could've taken at least one shot at the end zone, probably two. The coach stepped onto the field and told the players to hold and not do a thing, while he spoke to the ref and made him aware he intended to bleed the clock to one second and then call the timeout for the field goal. The offensive players were totally deflated in the second half.

The center they have snapping to Anderson is so awful. Several times in the Kentucky game he was the only one who didn't know the snap count. The officials even said on the false starts, "Everyone except the snapper". So many of his snaps are coming in way over Anderson's head, at his feet, or off to the side. Basic stuff like this.

But lately, speaking of the Eastern Kentucky game, I sense that they're putting a little more on Drew Anderson, letting him do a little more. There are still screens, but they've evolved a little bit beyond the repetitive lightning-hurry-up-and-throw-a-screen approach. Think I only counted four screen passes against EKU.

I’d be happy with them picking up Ta’amu in the upcoming draft or Shea Patterson if he declares.

Grier or Browning if you want one in '19

NO slash guys. I HATE dual-threat QBing, that is a codeword for Can't Pass.
I think Will Grier might be the #2 qb taken. There's a lot to like about his game. A little bit like Mason Rudolph, who I liked coming out last year.

Back
Top Bottom