***2019 Mlb Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2019 Mlb Thread***

I was worried about that last year too and then nasty nate evoldi saved the day.

In all honestly losing Kelly imo is huge. Still a major hole at closer with kimbrel in limbo. I just read an article about how the Yankees are favored to win the AL east. **** them!

Pretty excited to watch the Yankees this year. Can Sanchez rebound? If so, this lineup is ridiculous. If CC can hold up one more year as a solid back of the rotation guy I think they have as good of a shot as any team to win it all.

I was worried about that last year too and then nasty nate evoldi saved the day.

In all honestly losing Kelly imo is huge. Still a major hole at closer with kimbrel in limbo. I just read an article about how the Yankees are favored to win the AL east. **** them!

They were projected to pass the Sox and win the AL East all year in 2018. Didn't quite work out for them. I agree, **** the Yankees!

Bryce Harper to the Phillies

13/$330 mil

I was kinda surprised at the 13 year thing at first, but I think I'm coming around to understanding it on the Phillies end. They are basically lengthening the deal to lower the average annual value for luxury tax purposes. They want another big time player next year.

From Harper's perspective he can look at it like a 10/300 + a guaranteed 3/30 for his age 36-39 seasons.

But the Phillies get a 26 year old with MVP and two +1.000 OPS seasons under his belt at 25/yr through his prime and flexibility to add to the roster. Of course they are gonna have to eat some of the back end of the deal, but if you can make a few deep playoff runs and maybe win a WS, that's worth it. 13 years with no option outs is a looooong ****ing time though.

The risk is that Harper has had injuries and has had issues with consistency. It's a hard deal to judge now without hindsight. I can see it both ways. We shall see.

Last edited:
Like the extension the Yankees just gave to Hicks. 7/70...ten million a year should definitely be a big enough bargain for the first 3-4 years to justify the back of the deal. He has excellent plate discipline so I expect him to be a useful player for a long time even if he eventually has to move from everyday CF.

Like the extension the Yankees just gave to Hicks. 7/70...ten million a year should definitely be a big enough bargain for the first 3-4 years to justify the back of the deal. He has excellent plate discipline so I expect him to be a useful player for a long time even if he eventually has to move from everyday CF.

Yeah I don't know about this one. He's coming off another okay season where he hit .250 and the team praises him like he's Mickey Mantle. That's a crowded outfield even without Ellsbury and that dagger of a contract and this team is going to be spending BIG on Judge, Andujar, Torres, Sanchez (assuming he comes back to life), and a possible starting pitching staff overhaul (minus the obvious) in the not too distant future.

I like Hicks but I think they overvalued him and will regret giving a 7 year deal to a 29 year old (30 during the season) with his resumé.

Back
Top Bottom