***2019 Mlb Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2019 Mlb Thread***

Yeah I don't know about this one. He's coming off another okay season where he hit .250 and the team praises him like he's Mickey Mantle. That's a crowded outfield even without Ellsbury and that dagger of a contract and this team is going to be spending BIG on Judge, Andujar, Torres, Sanchez (assuming he comes back to life), and a possible starting pitching staff overhaul (minus the obvious) in the not too distant future.

I like Hicks but I think they overvalued him and will regret giving a 7 year deal to a 29 year old (30 during the season) with his resumé.

His age is some concern, but his batting average isn't an issue IMO. His OBP is where his value is at the plate. He gets on base a lot and has some pop. That's valuable.

He's easily been worth north of 10M the last two years (3.9 and 4.7 WAR). Injuries and how his body holds up are gonna be interesting.

His age is some concern, but his batting average isn't an issue IMO. His OBP is where his value is at the plate. He gets on base a lot and has some pop. That's valuable.

He's easily been worth north of 10M the last two years (3.9 and 4.7 WAR). Injuries and how his body holds up are gonna be interesting.

Yeah I like the player so don't really care at this point in time but it will be an interesting conversation to revisit in 3-5 years, depending on how he plays and holds up.

I'd say the Yankees are in win now mode with the moves they've made so far, including giving up their #1 prospect in Justus Sheffield (you know I'm gonna be following that guy). Hicks factors into that. I agree the time is now and if giving Hicks 10 mil per is the new version of the Yankees overextending themselves, I'm cool with it.

images

The Sydney Crosby of baseball

Crosby is also the biggest asshole on the planet? I once saw someone describe Tiger Woods as 'nice' in comparison. I met Tiger -- before he fell from grace, mind you -- and was in awe of how much of a dick he was. Laughed my ass off when he got caught cheating on his knock out ex wife with all those skeevy women.

Crosby is also the biggest ******* on the planet? I once saw someone describe Tiger Woods as 'nice' in comparison. I met Tiger -- before he fell from grace, mind you -- and was in awe of how much of a dick he was. Laughed my *** off when he got caught cheating on his knock out ex wife with all those skeevy women.

Idk I've never met any of these people personally but from what I've seen I would put harper up there on the list with Crosby. Crosby has so much talent as does harper but I can't shake their personality. Bunch of pussies

My God the Yankees can't catch a break injury wise.

My God the Yankees can't catch a break injury wise.

Happening all at once ... not great. Really hope it's not one of those seasons. Severino is still only throwing long balls as far as I know. Ugh.

At least the Sox are stumbling a bit out of the gate too. All we need is for them to build another insurmountable lead in the east.

Random MLB fact I just saw:

Joey Gallo has 92 HRs for his career so far.

He also has exactly 0 sac flies.

Back
Top Bottom