2019 My Draft Board - 100 Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 My Draft Board - 100 Players

LargoFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
TOP 100

This is my draft board and I have 100 players on it, 55 defense, and 45 offense. The below players participated sufficiently in combine drills to form an opinion, and therefore are the only players worth having on the board, and for the positions indicated, and in the order listed. With pro days going on someone may jump in, but it is unlikely.

The rest of the players I do not care about, with the exception of Christian Miller for 34OLB, and Corbin Kaufusi for 43DE. But they did not participate in drills, so they would be late value anyway.

** this denotes positions or players that are really difficult to find and should take priority at the first fair opportunity in the draft

|| This indicates end of round one value

QUARTEBACKS** (3)

Elite quarterbacks are at the top of the draft board: Murray, Haskins, Lock. They are all elite and not listed in order. It's just preference.

OFFENSE (42)

Tackles:**(5)

Isaiah Prince, Tyler Jones, Chris Lindstrom, || Greg Little, Ethan Greenridge

Guards/Centers**(7)
Dru Samia LG, Dennis Daley RG, Erik McCoy G/C, || Nate Herbig G, Ben Benzshawel G, David Edwards G, Kaleb McGary RG

Tight Ends: (9)
Irv Smith, Kahele Warring, || Noah Fant, TJ Hokenson, Drew Sample, Drew Sample, Dax Raymond, Dawson Knox, Foster Moreau, Alize Mack

RB: (8)
Demarea Crockett, || Miles Sanders, Damien Harris, Mike Weber, Alex Barnes, Devin Ozigbo, Jonathan Thomas, Jon Hilliman

WR (13)
Paris Campbell, Terry McLaurin, Greg Jennings, Myles Boykin, || Andy Isabella, Ashton Dulin, NKeal Harry, Emmanuel Hall, Johnny Dixon, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf, Debo Samuel, Darius Slayton

DEFENSE (55)

DT (8)
Dexter Lawrence**, Renell Wren**, || Christian Wilkins, Trysten Hill, Ed Oliver, Khalen Sanders, Albert Huggins, Terry Buckner

43DE (4)
Rashan Gary, Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell, || Joe Jackson

34DE (6)
Rashan Gary, || Charles Omenihu, Jerry Tillery, Kingsley Keke, LJ Collier, John Cominsky, Zach Allen

34OLB (7)
Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, || Porter Gustin, Brian Burns, Justin Hollins, Ben Banogu, Malik Carney

ILB (10)
Justin Hollins, Devin White, Devin Bush, || Germaine Pratt, Dru Tranquil, Ty Summers, Sione Takitaki, Cody Burton, Jordan Jones, Tyrell Dodson, Ben Burr Kirven

S (9)
Juan Thornhill, Will Harris || Ken Webster, Kris Boyd, Zedrick Woods, Jamel Dean, Amani Orunwaryie, Chauncey Gardner, Khari Willis

CB (11)
Corey Ballentine, Sean Bunting, Sheldrick Redwine, Darnell Savage || David Long, Justin Layne, Rock Ya Sin, Julian Love, Byron Murphy, Trayvon Mullen, DeAndre Baker

FIRST ROUND VALUE SUMMARY

QB: Murray, Haskins, Lock
T: Isaiah Prince, Tyler Jones, Chris Lindstrom
G: Dru Samia, Dennis Daley, Erik McCoy
TE: Irv Smith, Kahele Warring
RB: Demarea Crockett
WR: Paris Cambell, Terry McLaurin, Greg Jennings, Myles Boykin

DT: Dexter Lawrence, Renell Wren
DE: Rashan Gary, Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell
OLB: Josh Allen, Montez Sweat
ILB: Justin Hollins, Devin White, Devin Bush
S: Juan Thornhill, Will Harris
CB: Corey Ballentine, Sean Bunting, Sheldrick Redwine, Darnell Savage

Last edited:
Does this mean that you have guys like Noah Williams, Dalton Risner, Jawaan Taylor outside your top 100?

I also don’t follow your first round value summary, are those players you would take in the first?

Does this mean that you have guys like Noah Williams, Dalton Risner, Jawaan Taylor outside your top 100?

I also don’t follow your first round value summary, are those players you would take in the first?

The listed players are the only players I would target in the draft, and no other player. That's my big board. There are some players that did not make the cut, but may pop up after the pro days based on performance. There are others I am interested to find out how they test but will not find out because they simply will not test, like Christian Miller from Alabama. I am interested in him, but because he did not test, he did not make the cut, because I would have to guess whether he is elite.

Williams, Risner and Taylor did not make the cut, either for T or G. It is really difficult to find tackles and guards in the draft.

And yes, the players I listed are worthy of being taken in the first round on my big board. Obviously, there is some consensus ranking out there that does not agree, so the players I listed as first round may be or will be taken in late rounds, or go UDFA, but their value is first round nonetheless.

So, let's say for example, you draft Sheldrick Redwine in the seventh round. You are getting a first-round talent in the seventh round.
Let's say you draft some player who is not on my list of 100. You are getting a player whose value is UDFA imo. He is not elite. That is the purpose of the big board, to identify the top talent, the cream of the crop and be ready to pick on draft day. Hope that clarifies it.

Last edited:
Just curious...

Why is the combine so important, but hours on end of game play not important?

Q Williams and Ed Oliver were two of the most dominant defender in college the last two seasons who consistently made plays in the backfield and were stout against the run.

Why is the combine so important, but hours on end of game play not important?

It's important because we want the cream of the crop, and only that. And second, it is important because we must make sure they match up to elite players in the league. Testing is extremely important to know and not guess.

Everybody likes QW on tape. I cannot put him up there without knowing. The players I put up there I know can play and are elite. We need to know before we can draft players.
For example, when we know what we are drafting, then the risk is minimized, we can miss on 2 receivers out of 10 listed for example. But when we do not know, we miss on 6 out of 10. It's a disaster. That is why combine and drills are important.

Why is a Safety listed as a 1st round CB?

DBs are funky, a lot of DBs can switch positions. The reason a safety is listed as a corner is because they are elite as a corner, and do not possess the frame for a safety. And vice versa, some corners are listed as safeties because they are better as safeties in the league, they are elite.

Similar thing with Chris Lindstrom. He is an elite tackle, a first round tackle, and he is not an elite guard, he did not even make the list as a guard.

DBs are funky, a lot of DBs can switch positions. The reason a safety is listed as a corner is because they are elite as a corner, and do not possess the frame for a safety. And vice versa, some corners are listed as safeties because they are better as safeties in the league, they are elite.

Similar thing with Chris Lindstrom. He is an elite tackle, a first round tackle, and he is not an elite guard, he did not even make the list as a guard.

Well, just curious, why would a team, play a CB at safety? CB is a much more valuable position...in fact, why would he chose to play safety over CB as CBs are typically drafted higher, paid more, and have more positional opportunities (2 boundary spots and the slot).

It makes little sense, mate.

So if we go by the combine then Tom Brady should have never been drafted. I get the numbers and everything else but you can get a bunch of track guys from college or a bunch of weight lifters and they could post some great numbers. Would that make the great football players?

Well, just curious, why would a team, play a CB at safety? CB is a much more valuable position...in fact, why would he chose to play safety over CB as CBs are typically drafted higher, paid more, and have more positional opportunities (2 boundary spots and the slot).

It makes little sense, mate.

I'm listing them where they fall as elite, because that is what we are looking for, elite players, eliteness.
When they get to camp, if they are indeed better at corner, then they can switch at that time. For the purposes of the big board, they are listed where they are elite.
The guys who are not listed are either not elite, or we have insufficient information, they did not test.

I'm listing them where they fall as elite, because that is what we are looking for, elite players, eliteness.
When they get to camp, if they are indeed better at corner, then they can switch at that time. For the purposes of the big board, they are listed where they are elite.
The guys who are not listed are either not elite, or we have insufficient information, they did not test.

One last question...

What make you think that Bunting is an elite CB?

A followup, What does Savage do well on the field that make you think he can transition well to CB? He played S all 4 years at Maryland, and he was pretty good, but what did you see when you watched him play that makes you think his skills set is 1. elite and 2. transfers to play CB?

Back
Top Bottom