2019 My Draft Board - 100 Players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 My Draft Board - 100 Players

Magically expecting a player like Darnell Savage, who has primarily played safety at a high level in college, to be even better at a position that he hasn't played, is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

One last question...

What make you think that Bunting is an elite CB?

A followup, What does Savage do well on the field that make you think he can transition well to CB? He played S all 4 years at Maryland, and he was pretty good, but what did you see when you watched him play that makes you think his skills set is 1. elite and 2. transfers to play CB?

Everything that makes an elite corner. Go watch them on YT, watch why they are elite, and enjoy! Tape will speak.

Last edited:
Everything that makes an elite corner. Go watch them on YT, watch why they are elite, and enjoy! Tape will speak.

I have watched Savage a decent amount and I like him as a Safety (nice day two type player), but I don't see anything that shows he would en an elite CB.

Which traits does he posses that shows he can make that transition. I must be missing something so an explanation could be helpful.

Height, frame, speed, quickness, explosion, change of direction, he is similar to Denzel Ward. It's a god given ability and he is an elite corner. Maybe not quite as good but as close as it can get to Denzel Ward. I think it's apparent when you watch the film. In the NFL safeties should be a little bigger, over 200 lbs. He is under.

Again, I list them where they are elite. He is not an elite safety for draft purposes, but he is an elite player, at corner, at DB. He is first round value and that is how he is listed.
By the same token, Nick Bosa is not an elite linebacker and he would not make the board as a linebacker. But as a DE he is elite, he is an elite player, and he is on the board.

I can't anymore...

If I'm going to get nonsense responses then there is little point in visiting this thread.

I can't anymore...

If I'm going to get nonsense responses then there is little point in visiting this thread.

How about this then? Do not look at the positions listed on the board, just look at the names. Darnell Savage is an elite player, a first round value. And do not look at the positions. You decide when he gets into the camp where he will play. Is that better?

Did not test. I don't know what his athletic ability is. Did not make the cut for that reason.

That's fair. Everyone has a process of some type. He did, though, run a 4.83 and jump 30.5 and 112 inches at 303 lbs.
- which compares favorably to guys like Cox, McCoy, and Suh, as well as Donald when you adjust for weight.

Last edited:
That's fair. Everyone has a process of some type. He did, though, run a 4.83 and jump 30.5 and 112 inches at 303 lbs.
- which compares favorably to guys like Cox, McCoy, and Suh - as well as Donald when you adjust for weight.

It doesn't matter. He will be gone top 5. It will not affect us on draft day. I need data on his bench press, I need to make sure that he is strong, benching 30+. That's what those guys did. If he is benching 22, that would not be good.

I understand putting Savage at CB. He profiles as a Slot/Safety, who can also cover in man outside depending on the matchup.

I don't understand putting Lindstrom, who is under 6'4, at OT. He's the best pass-blocking OG in the class, and that's the most important aspect of any OL's game. So, where it counts, he is elite. He does have solid arm length, but moving him outside creates questions. He's certainly athletic enough to do it, but it's just as important to have high-end pass pro inside, and we have a history of him doing it there. It's possible that height isn't as important for OT's as people think. Maybe it's like QB, and we don't see shorter OT's, because they haven't been given a real shot, but I think it's likely that angles play a role - that it's helpful for OT's to extend in a slight downward motion when making contact with pass rushers.

It doesn't matter. He will be gone top 5. It will not affect us on draft day. I need data on his bench press, I need to make sure that he is strong, benching 30+. That's what those guys did. If he is benching 22, that would not be good.

If you gotta know, you gotta know. McCoy posted 23 reps fwiw.

I’ll give you credit for original thinking but Isaiah Prince?

I understand putting Savage at CB. He profiles as a Slot/Safety, who can also cover in man outside depending on the matchup.

I don't understand putting Lindstrom, who is under 6'4, at OT. He's the best pass-blocking OG in the class, and that's the most important aspect of any OL's game. So, where it counts, he is elite. He does have solid arm length, but moving him outside creates questions. He's certainly athletic enough to do it, but it's just as important to have high-end pass pro inside, and we have a history of him doing it there. It's possible that height isn't as important for OT's as people think. Maybe it's like QB, and we don't see shorter OT's, because they haven't been given a real shot, but I think it's likely that angles play a role - that it's helpful for OT's to extend in a slight downward motion when making contact with pass rushers.

As far as Savage, I just don't think a talent like that should be covering TEs. He is under 200. There are also concerns about his 3 cone. Im looking at Draftek and he is ranked 87th. Meaning he is not an elite safety, I just think he is an elite corner.

Low man wins, and tackle play is no different. The size I think has to do with percentages. Taller men have longer arms, to keep predators at bay. They have longer strides to get to the spot quicker. And they do not get swallowed up by a big tall opponent.
But, if a 6-3 guy has long arms, and can get to the spot, and can control opponents, there are no issues.

There is no doubt Lindstrom can play guard. But at guard he plays clunky. He is not a natural there. He uses leg quickness instead foot quickness. He uses athleticism instead the god given guard gifts.
Check out Dru Samia, Dennis Daley, Herbig. And then check out Lindstrom at guard. It works, but it is just weird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom