Arm: 30 3/4
Hand: 9
225: 17
VJ: 35
BJ: 9'7"
20S: 3.99
60S: 11.33
3C: 6.82

PROS: Smart, aggressive player who fills multiple roles within the back seven. Recognizes running game flow and misdirection very quickly and regularly takes the correct angles to attack offensive concepts; does well to retain leverage when approaching tackles to defend the weakest area of the field/turn runners back into help. When taking on blocks, especially kick-out blocks as EMLOS defender, deconstructs and wins leverage with excellent physicality for a safety.
Is a sure space tackler and devastating close-quarters hitter alike. Breaks down with a wide base and low hips to tackle, regularly getting his head across his target’s waist and wrapping through the hips. Has impressive gear down ability when flying to the runner and excels at making difficult, flexible tackles on elusive runners. Tracks very well and will adjust angles effortlessly. Seeks out scrums and looks to punish, but protects his head on contact. Forced multiple fumbles with hustle plays to wrapped-up runners, getting his helmet into the football when other safeties wouldn’t have even gotten involved on the hit.
Has success as a man cover corner from the slot. Good step frequency and short area burst allow him to stay connected through breaks; willing and more than capable of playing with physicality through the stem to redirect. Can handle tight end size and slot receiver shiftiness. Short zone work also technically sound: reads the quarterback and understands half-field route concepts to stay disciplined in his drops. Has true instincts to extend his zones to different routes circumstantially. Similarly disciplined as a deep middle defender as a result of his inherent understanding of leverage and spacing. Projects best as a box safety with interchangeability.

CONS: Not overly rangy. Despite strong linear burst, top speed does not impress. Some tightness in the hips limits ability to turn corners with explosion, which gives him issues when flipping his hips to carry deep routes from the slot. Will take drop step when exploding, which only adds to the delay. Physical limitations in a straight line could force him into exclusively short zone responsibilities in the NFL, which would cap his efficacy as an interchangeable defensive piece. Does not have playmaking instinct; prefers to hit and tackle rather than play over the top for PBUs and/or INTs.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/05/31/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-taylor-rapp/

Last edited:
QB Will Grier West Virginia 6-2 223lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 217
Arm: 31 1/2
Hand: 9 3/8
40: 4.84
VJ: 34
BJ: 9'4"
20S: 4.28

What I liked:
The one word I would use to describe Grier: smooth. He's an effortless thrower who's very poised in the pocket. He has outstanding foot quickness in his setup and he's elusive versus the pass rush. He has shown the ability to subtly side step edge pressure or spin around and escape the pocket. He is also effective creating plays as a runner on both zone reads and scrambles.

Grier lacks elite size, but he has plenty of arm strength. I watched him throw live last month at the Elite 11 Finals in Redondo Beach, Calif., and I was very impressed with his combination of zip and touch. He also put on a show when throwing on the move. He makes it look easy. Grier has a quick delivery. He can accurately drive the ball on skinny posts and hole shots near the sideline. He can also operate with limited foot space in the pocket. His accuracy doesn't suffer when he's off platform or forced to change arm angles.

Where he needs to improve: Obviously, things didn't end well for Grier at Florida. He received a one-year suspension from the NCAA for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs before transferring from UF to WVU. He'll need to answer some questions about that issue from NFL evaluators in the spring. On the field, there are two areas in which I'll be looking to see improvement in the fall: his deep-ball accuracy and cleaner footwork in his drop. His deep ball can be a little flat at times and he has a bad habit of drifting at the top of his drop. Both areas can be corrected.

Biggest takeaway: I was surprised by how many times I saw Grier make full-field reads. The WVU offense is more complicated than I anticipated. He routinely works from one side of the field to the other. That will make his transition to the next level easier. Also, the more I watched Grier, the more I liked him. I had a quarterback coach in college who used to always say, "How smooth can you be?" Grier is extremely smooth. He has an ease of movement in the pocket and his throwing motion is very natural. That bodes well for his future.

He reminds me of: His skill set reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton when he was coming out of TCU. Both guys are very athletic and creative with the ball in their hands. They don't wow you with size, but they have every tool necessary to play at a winning level for their team. They can use their legs to get out of trouble and they can also win from the pocket with accurate, on-schedule throws.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ier-will-wvu-star-be-top-qb-in-2019-nfl-draft

Last edited:
RB David Montgomery Iowa St. 5-11 216lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 5-10
Weight: 222
Arm: 31 3/8
Hand: 9 1/4
40: 4.64
225: 15
VJ: 28.5
BJ: 10'1"

PROS: Outstanding contact balance. Runs through defenders with churning legs to pick up yards after and through contact. Can drop his pads and run over smaller defenders. Sturdy, stout NFL build for a workhorse running back. Strength throughout his frame. Often takes multiple defenders to bring him down. Surprisingly good lateral mover who can find creases. Patient runner behind the line of scrimmage with an obvious second gear to burst through holes. Solid elusiveness in open space. Does a good job of cutting back and running to green grass in the open field. Hard cuts. Lines up all around the formation and has shown the ability to run routes surprisingly well. Keeps potential tacklers away with a strong stiff arm. Picks up dirty yards, low compact runner who is relentless.
CONS: Occasionally shaky hands in the pass game. Can have lapses in vision and will try to bounce plays when not necessary to do so. Running style could lead to durability issues. A solid amount of runs for a loss. Doesn’t have the top-end breakaway speed when he gets behind defensive backs.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-david-montgomery

Last edited:

Great write up on Grier, I've watched a lot of him this season and remember his Gator days too and I like him a lot. Not enough to pick him in the first round however but I would take him anywhere in the 2nd without a doubt.

Interesting that you are high on his arm strength while others on here, notably CK who does a bunch of testing on this aspect are far from convinced and put it down as one of his biggest weaknesses. Will be interesting to see how this one plays out in the draft process.

Grier went toe to toe with Kyler Murray in that OU game which was basically a semi final for the Big12 champ game, he competed very well against the best QB in College last year. I think Grier has the potential to be elevated very high in the draft (perhaps higher than he should be) especially if the QB class weakens with the underclassmen Murray, Haskins and Herbert not declaring.

WR Kelvin Harmon N.C. St. 6-3 214lbs.

NFL Combine
Height:6-2
Weight: 221
Arm: 32 1/2
Hand: 9 1/2
40: 4.61
225: 18
VJ: 32.5
BJ: 9'9"
20S: 4.32
3C: 7.15

BEST TRAIT – Play Strength

WORST TRAIT – YAC Ability

RED FLAGS – None

Logging back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons, Harmon has been one of the ACC’s most productive receivers over the last two seasons. He is a true alpha with dominant play strength. His burst and play speed for his size is underrated. His blend of size, physicality, ball skills and fluidity make him and ideal fit as an x-receiver in any scheme. By year three, Harmon has the upside to be relied upon as a true No. 1 receiver that keeps the chains moving, hits big plays and thrives in the redzone.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/04/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-kelvin-harmon/

Last edited:
TE Albert Okwuegbunam Missouri 6-5 255lbs.

NFL Combine
Non-participant

Height, length and frame are outstanding. Has shown the ability to snag the ball outside his frame with soft hands. Straight-line athleticism is solid, has the speed to get down the seam. Consistently split out wide and showed the ability to be a vertical threat in the middle of the field.

High-point abilities are enticing. Attacks the ball in the air and won’t let it get into his chest. Shows the ability to work around to snag off-target throws. Did his best work in the red zone, consistently utilizing his length and ball skills. Frame and willingness are there as a blocker, just needs to improve technique and finishing.

CONS: Has enough speed in a straight-line, but appears stiff-hipped and does not create separation out of his route-breaks. Explosive gear to detach from man coverage isn’t there. One speed tight end who will be eliminate easier by coverage ‘backers and safeties in the NFL. Routes are sloppy and not crisp, attention to detail will have to improve significantly this season.

Long way to go as a blocker based on his redshirt freshman tape. Needs to show more tenacity and better hand placement in 1v1 exchanges, too often falls off contact and doesn’t take control of his opponent when given the chance. Comes into blocks high and gets knocked back as a result. Pass protection was mostly hanging on for dear life.

Post-catch abilities are non-existent. Not creative, elusive or physical with the ball in his hands. Tons of his production came over the middle of the field unchecked by coverage. Will have to deal with chips and jams in the NFL that he hasn’t seen in college.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/22/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-albert-okwuegbunam/

Last edited:
OC Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin 6-3 322lbs.

Biadasz #61

NFL Combine
Non-participant

PROS: Old school power center. Is a butt kicker up front who will be a terrific fit in a power scheme in the run game. Very well built and offers the needed anchor to go toe to toe with even the biggest of nose tackles if isolated in one on ones. Shows an impressive ability to turn and torque bodies up front as a means of creating a lane up front. Recovery balance and secondary push at the point of attack are tremendous, will catch some defenders due to shorter arm length but has become very effective at out-working defenders thereafter. Can work across the face of penetrating defenders up front thanks to anchor and lateral mobility. Plays on a strong foundation as a pass protector after initial fit is set. Has plus skills out in space as well, taking advantageous angles into second level pursuit and latching on to LBs.

CONS: Lack of length can hinder ability to create a clean strike, meaning quick footed defenders can catch him on the jump. Does end too many plays on the ground, if met with fair resistance up front will allow the feet to narrow and will lean heavily into blocks instead of bringing the hips firmly through.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-tyler-biadasz/

Last edited:
DT Jerry Tillery Notre Dame 6-6 304lbs.

Tillery - #99

NFL Combine
Height: 6-6
Weight: 295
Arm: 34 1/4
Hand: 10 5/8
40: 4.94
10 : 1.71
225: 23
VJ: 32
BJ: 9'7"
20S: 4.33
3C: 7.45

BEST TRAIT – Length

WORST TRAIT – Flexibility

BEST FILM – Stanford (2018)

WORST FILM – Georgia (2017)

RED FLAGS – Underachiever

Jerry Tillery enjoyed a breakout season in 2018, showing much better conditioning and mobility along the line of scrimmage. If able to sustain that development, Tillery projects as an eventual starter. In the immediate time frame, Tillery projects as a power pass rusher who wins most when allowed to charge hard out of his stance and push up the field in an effort to reset the line of scrimmage.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/18/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jerry-tillery/

Last edited:
Call me crazy, I was not super impressed with him here.

Nevermind pounding the table. Devin White is the type of player I’d put a body through a table for on draft day.

Particularly any of the bodies that make up the Dolphins decision makers.

Nevermind pounding the table. Devin White is the type of player I’d put a body through a table for on draft day.

Particularly any of the bodies that make up the Dolphins decision makers.

Agreed. So if Miami were to take White in round one and DE were still a need do you have a player in mind who possibly would be available in round two?

DE Jachai Polite Florida 6-2 242lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-3
Weight: 258
Arm: 32 5/8
Hand: 9 3/4
40: 4.84
10 : 1.71
VJ: 32

PROS: Jachai Polite illustrates flashes of brilliance as a speed rusher. Capable of releasing with suddenness from a two point stance and gaining large amounts of turf in steps two and three in order to gain leverage on the edge. Athletic ability translates beyond short area explosiveness and into lateral mobility and slipping blocks at the point of attack as well. Polite shows understanding of how and when to fold back inside against over-committed blockers and gain penetration into protection.

Polite possesses enough length to continue to develop his long arm ability and become a better speed to power rusher. Projecting through rough edges currently, Polite has the necessary physical tools to become a special pass rusher and impact player. There is enough functional strength present to stack up blockers at the point of attack and Polite is effective holding outside contain. Against the running game he can be counted on to execute his primary responsibility.

CONS: Jachai Polite currently has too many lulls between the splash plays and will need to focus on further bettering his consistency as a player. Effort and motor are terrific, although seemingly a half-step faster on money downs and when the stakes are highest. Furthermore, Polite would be well served to continue developing his immediate hand counters. Currently too reliant on his first step, Polite can create much more room to slash and penetrate with more proactive attacks with his hands.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/10/01/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jachai-polite/

Last edited:

I've watched all of his games this past year, love the kid, McShay has him high on his board but projected as an OLB ??? Not Sure I agree with that, perhaps in a 3-4 . You are dead on the money about his consistency, you could go through stretches in games where you forget he's playing, then suddenly he'll explode. Hope he goes to a good team with a good DC who will extract the best out of him.

I've watched all of his games this past year, love the kid, McShay has him high on his board but projected as an OLB ??? Not Sure I agree with that, perhaps in a 3-4 . You are dead on the money about his consistency, you could go through stretches in games where you forget he's playing, then suddenly he'll explode. Hope he goes to a good team with a good DC who will extract the best out of him.

That's due to stretches in games where he's not playing.

Polite doesn't typically play on 1st or 2nd down - those are Cece Jefferson and Zuniga downs. He's been consistent in applying pressure to opposing quarterbacks when he's on the field.

I have been a Florida fan as long as I have been a Miami fan(47 yrs.). I have seen every game Polite has played for the Gators and I would agree with McShay. I see him as a 3-4 OLB. I don't see the strength at the POA he'll need at the next level. If you put at 4-3 SLB will he be strong enough or can he cover in an underneath zone? I don't know. They never asked him to do that at UF. His best position would be a 3-4 OLB and let him attack the QB and the LOS. On a side note, back in the early nineties, Florida had a DE/OLB named Huey Richardson. He was athletic, fast and was an All-Anerican at UF, but the problem was at 6-5 he only weighed 227lbs. I think he was picked in the 1st rd(?) by the Steelers. If I remember correctly, Pittsburgh stuck him at DE with his hand in the dirt. He neither had the girth or the strength to play that position. I don't know why they didn't recognize this, but his career floundered and he was soon out of the league. Polite is heavier, but I just don't see him having the strength to be a DE. I could be wrong, God knows it wouldn't be the first time.

Back
Top Bottom