2019 Nfl Draft Prospects | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Nfl Draft Prospects

I have been a Florida fan as long as I have been a Miami fan(47 yrs.). I have seen every game Polite has played for the Gators and I would agree with McShay. I see him as a 3-4 OLB. I don't see the strength at the POA he'll need at the next level. If you put at 4-3 SLB will he be strong enough or can he cover in an underneath zone? I don't know. They never asked him to do that at UF. His best position would be a 3-4 OLB and let him attack the QB and the LOS. On a side note, back in the early nineties, Florida had a DE/OLB named Huey Richardson. He was athletic, fast and was an All-Anerican at UF, but the problem was at 6-5 he only weighed 227lbs. I think he was picked in the 1st rd(?) by the Steelers. If I remember correctly, Pittsburgh stuck him at DE with his hand in the dirt. He neither had the girth or the strength to play that position. I don't know why they didn't recognize this, but his career floundered and he was soon out of the league. Polite is heavier, but I just don't see him having the strength to be a DE. I could be wrong, God knows it wouldn't be the first time.

So he's not really an option for us then unless we change DC (oh hang on :)).

So he's not really an option for us then unless we change DC (oh hang on :)).
I don't think any defensive player is an option for us as long as Burke is still the DC. But to answer your question, we would have to switch to a 3-4 to make it viable, IMHO.

ILB Te'von Coney Notre Dame 6-1 240lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-1
Weight: 234
Arm: 32 7/8
Hand: 9 1/2

PROS: Te’von Coney’s listed size and frame are excellent. If he isn’t 240, looks like he has the length to put on some muscle as needed. Strong tackler who can go outside his frame to get runners down. Comes in low, keeps his eyes up and wraps with good form. Solid athlete with legit range when he opens up and runs. Uses his hands and length well to keep himself relatively clean from blockers despite not being a true stack-and-shed linebacker. Mental processing and aggressiveness were at their best during the end of the season.

CONS: Certainly not a liability as an athlete, but calling him elite is stretching the truth. Not as explosive as the top end guys in the league tend to be. A little leggy in his movements and it’s fair to wonder how he’ll handle more man coverage assignments. Processing is still coming along. Lateral agility and change of direction are average. Some inconsistent angles resulted in a few negative plays. Hitting power isn’t as evident as you’d like it to be on a consistent basis. Did not notice natural instincts in zone coverage, very reactionary.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/02/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-tevon-coney/

Last edited:
CB Amani Oruwariye Penn St. 6-1 201lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-2
Weight: 205
Arm: 31 3/8
Hand: 9
40: 4.48
225: 17
VJ: 36.5
BJ: 10'0"
20S: 4.16
3C: 6.82

BEST TRAIT – Awareness

WORST TRAIT – Tackling

RED FLAGS – None

Oruwariye’s size, length, strength and ball skills make him an ideal fit as an outside zone/press corner. Complementing his impressive stature is a trust for his technique and outstanding processing skills. Oruwariye has the traits needed to matchup with “X” receivers in man coverage, making him a scheme-versatile defender. Oruwariye has the upside to start early in his career on the boundary and emerge as a productive playmaker with his ability to make game-changing plays on the football.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/16/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-amani-oruwariye/

Last edited:
S Johnathan Abram Miss. State 6-0 215lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 5-11
Weight: 205
Arm: 31 3/8
Hand: 9 5/8
40: 4.45
BJ: 9'8"

PROS: Outstanding size and long speed for a safety. Moves fluidly in space and should have very little issue measuring up athletically. Good closing burst to the football. Range to make plays in the run game, even from deep safety position.
When he sees it, comes downhill and fills the alley in a hurry. Glimpses of ability to stack/shed/slip blocks on perimeter. Takes on blocks with proper leverage to maintain gap discipline. Has good closing burst to the ball from off coverage, just needs to trust his instincts more. Physicality and effort do not appear to be issues.

CONS: Way too many missed tackles. Comes in out of control with too low of a target area. Missed four tackles vs. Alabama. Missed five against Louisville. Tries to go outside his frame for too many stops rather than running his feet through contact. Could benefit from tweaking his angle to the ball carrier’s midsection rather than his hip, which would also make his tackles more impactful. Lacks hitting power right now.
Can be slow to see it and attack in coverage. Instincts and ball skills were questionable in 2017. Arrived too late to contest throwing windows much of the time. Inconsistent in his ability to handle blocks on perimeter, some great reps, other times he’ll get bodied.
Didn’t see a ton of man coverage reps in games I watched, but struggled when he did. In catch-man, consistently failed to stay square and was easily manipulated by jab steps from savvy route runners in the slot. Good athlete, but not an exceptional one. Won’t be able to close separation from most receivers after a misstep in coverage.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/09/05/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-johnathan-abram/

Last edited:
Ostarine is a sarm. A steroid like substance, but not a steriod because they change a few molecules. I think you can still buy sarms legally over the counter.:shrug:

Last edited:
QB Drew Lock Missouri 6-4 225lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6'4
Weight: 228
Arm: 32 1/2
Hand: 9
40: 4.70
VJ: 31
BJ: 9'4"
20S: 4.12

PROS: Size, height and physical tools are all desirable. Arm strength for distance is very impressive. Upper-body mechanics are pretty clean, over-the-top, snappy delivery. Velocity checks the box. Good poise in the pocket, keeps his eyes downfield and doesn’t panic easily.

Has made every throw on tape, including a couple money shots on the corner route (one of the toughest patterns to hit). Not deterred by tight windows, flashes a gunslinger mentality but clearly showed improved decision-making from the year before. Has shown the ability to drop dimes on nine routes, even when under pressure. Good enough athlete to extend outside of structure, although it will never be his forte. Flashes of control and strong play when down/tied late are encouraging.

CONS: Sails some passes and can go through mini-bouts of inaccuracy. Deep ball is all over the place, especially down the sideline. Can be in the bread-basket or several yards out of bounds. Touch passes around the end zone are often overthrown. Mental processing will be a concern, must learn not to pre-determine his throws and instead respond to what the defense is giving him. Ball placement is spotty at times, puts in-breaking route throws on receiver’s back hip, curl/hitch throws a tad inside.

While decision-making is clearly improving, will still lock onto reads and lead safeties to the football at times. Eye manipulation and full-field processing are areas to improve. Must focus on following through with his trail foot rather than all-arming passes. Sails throws as a result, lacking control and leading to turnover-worthy plays. From time-to-time, falls off his platform when releasing throws. As you can probably tell, overall consistency for Lock is the biggest concern.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/19/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-drew-lock/

Last edited:
RB Damien Harris Alabama 5-11 215lbs.

Harris - #34

NFL Combine
Height:5-10
Weight: 216
Arm: 30 3/4
Hand: 9 3/4
40: 4.58
225: 16
VJ: 37
BJ: 10'1"

BEST TRAIT – Short Yardage Skill

WORST TRAIT – Elusiveness

BEST FILM – LSU (2018)

WORST FILM – Clemson (2017)

RED FLAGS – None

Damien Harris has modest potential as a lead back for gap/power rushing offenses. Harris has smooth feet for his size and is precise with his steps to get vertical through a crease and generate power behind his pads. His lack of long speed may limit his explosive plays but Harris can grind out tough yards and wear down tacklers late into football games. Harris’ ceiling isn’t necessarily high but he can be a volume rusher in stretches and be a starting back
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/24/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-damien-harris/

Last edited:
He's a big run stuffer, who is likely to be pulled off the field on passing situations, so his value is limited.
What percentage of NT's, would you say, stay on the field for passing downs?

I think he's a steal in the second to improve the overall physicality of the d-line, and if he indeed had to come off the field on passing situations (3rd down), at least his run stop will help make it 3rd and 6 instead of 3rd and 2.

What percentage of NT's, would you say, stay on the field for passing downs?

I think he's a steal in the second to improve the overall physicality of the d-line, and if he indeed had to come off the field on passing situations (3rd down), at least his run stop will help make it 3rd and 6 instead of 3rd and 2.

The point is that the position only holds so much value, because affecting the running game only holds so much value. DT's who don't get after the QB should never require premium investments.

The point is that the position only holds so much value, because affecting the running game only holds so much value. DT's who don't get after the QB should never require premium investments.

Using this thinking as a baseline (Lawrence - 3.5 sacks), would you draft Jeffrey Simmons (1 sack) in the second? How about Derrick Brown (3.5 sacks)?

Back
Top Bottom