2019 Nfl Draft Prospects | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Nfl Draft Prospects

Call me crazy, I was not super impressed with him here.

Jmo, I believe Devin white is being a bit overhyped relative to being a top 5 to 10 pick..I see flaws if your thinking about playing him at Mike, Don’t think it transitions to mike in the NFL..He projects outside where he can play in space and use his speed and athleticism..

He’s listed at 6’1 240..I think he’ll measure closer to 6’ 235.

Good blitzer up the middle with his timing, But has very limited moves as a pass rusher.

Really fast sideline to sideline, but we’ll be engulfed in the middle/blood zone..

I wanted desperately to draft Deion Jones, his speed and angle pursuit was the best in the draft imo, I was very high on Roquon Smith at the Mike position at this level, I don’t think Devin White measures up to those two at the next level..

He’s good and fast and has first round talent, just not as high as a lot of folks have him going

S Delvon Randall Temple 5-11 210lbs.

NFL Combine
Non-participant

PROS: Size and strength are pro-ready. Has shown the ability to man multiple roles in Temple secondary. Widely regarded within the program as a top-notch communicator and leader. Played through a myriad of injuries last season, which did seem to impact him on the field.

Mostly a sure tackler, shows good form to wrap and drive through contact. Sifts through trash well around the box in run defense. When he brings it, no issue getting runners on the ground 1v1. Run support is inconsistent, but angles and body control are typically excellent when closing from distance.

Ball skills are evident in coverage. Has made some fantastic interceptions and sees things well from the back end. Breaks on the ball cleanly and takes good angles. Closing burst to the ball is impressive. Terrific hands and consistently competes at catch point. Strong mental processor.

CONS: Frustrating lack of consistency as a run defender. Often late to get into his run fills and seemed passive in his body language about getting involved in tackles when coming from deep. Would not describe him as a high motor player all of the time. Will miss some tackles in space due to an inability to change directions quickly with the ball carrier.

Biggest concern is his athleticism. Needs to play faster on a consistent basis. Seems like his pace of play varied from drive-to-drive, game-to-game. Not sure he has the long speed or short-area quickness to excel in either man or single-high coverage. Very little man coverage experience in the three games I saw on tape.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/29/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-delvon-randall/

Last edited:
Jmo, I believe Devin white is being a bit overhyped relative to being a top 5 to 10 pick..I see flaws if your thinking about playing him at Mike, Don’t think it transitions to mike in the NFL..He projects outside where he can play in space and use his speed and athleticism..

Good blitzer up the middle with his timing, But has very limited moves as a pass rusher.

Really fast sideline to sideline, but we’ll be engulfed in the middle/blood zone..

I wanted desperately to draft Deion Jones, his speed and angle pursuit was the best in the draft imo, I was very high on Roquon Smith at the Mike position at this level, I don’t think Devin White measures up to those two at the next level..

He’s good and fast and has first round talent, just not as high as a lot of folks have him going

After watching Devin White live, I can say that I do think he's an incredible prospect and possesses a rare blend of size and speed.

He's really damn good. And he's, for lack of a better phrase, a beef cake. Dude is built like a linebacker should be built. He's got an intimidating presence about him and will smack the hell out of you.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Miami drafted him. Don't think he makes it to us, though.

After watching Devin White live, I can say that I do think he's an incredible prospect and possesses a rare blend of size and speed.

He's really damn good. And he's, for lack of a better phrase, a beef cake. Dude is built like a linebacker should be built. He's got an intimidating presence about him and will smack the hell out of you.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Miami drafted him. Don't think he makes it to us, though.
much respect..
Yeah he is built like a tank, a lite one though imo..I think in the middle he’ll get moved around, but if he and the scheme can keep guys off him he’ll be more effective than playing mike..

I prefer Tre Lamar at mike if your going there, but I don’t believe we will with Raekwon on the team..

QB Clayton Thorson Northwestern 6-4 226lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 222
Arm: 31 1/8
Hand: 9 3/4

BEST TRAIT – Rhythm Throws

WORST TRAIT – Vertical Ball Placement

RED FLAGS – None

Thorson has the ability to hit rhythm throws and illustrates a quick trigger to be proficient in a west coast scheme that features timing throws. In terms of working his progressions, ball placement, arm strength and handling pressure, Thorson is a limited prospect which inhibits the notion that he has starter potential. By year three, Thorson could be a No. 2 quarterback but major growth is needed.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/23/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-clayton-thorson/

Last edited:
RB Elijah Holyfield Georgia 5-11 215

NFL Combine
Height: 5-10
Weight: 217
Arm: 30 3/8
Hand: 9
40: 4.79
225: 26
VJ: 29.5
BJ: 9'10"

Scouting Report:
Powerfully built running back with a nice combination of athleticism and pure strength. Very agile for his frame, especially with jump cuts. Excellent vision and patient. Will wait for the right hole to open and has very good acceleration once he puts his foot in the grass and makes a decision to burst. Has shown some improvement in the passing game, but hasn’t been asked to do much in that regard. Has the build to be an asset in pass pro, but needs to work on technique.
https://www.draftblaster.com/2019-nfl-draft/elijah-holyfield-rb-georgia/

Last edited:
WR Riley Ridley Georgia 6-2 200lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-1
Weight: 199
Arm: 32 5/8
Hand: 10 1/4
40: 4.59
225: 13
VJ: 30.5
BJ: 10'4"
20S: 4.28
3C: 7.22

BEST TRAIT – Ball Skills

WORST TRAIT – Release (needs to evolve)

RED FLAGS – Arrested for marijuana possession in March of 2017.

Riley Ridley’s production in college won’t turn heads but his traits certainly do. In a run-heavy and conservative Georgia offense with numerous other dynamic pass-catching, Ridley didn’t get the opportunities he should have but still led the Bulldogs in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. He has all of the physical traits to be a dynamic weapon in the NFL with playmaking upside to all levels of the field. By year three, Ridley has the makeup of a top a highly productive top-two receiving option for a prolific NFL passing offense.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/20/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-riley-ridley/

Last edited:
TE C.J. Conrad Kentucky 6-4 245lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-4
Weight: 249
Arm: 31
Hand: 9 1/4

BEST TRAIT – Hands

WORST TRAIT – YAC

RED FLAGS – Ruled out for the season in late November of his junior year due to a lisfranc injury in his left foot.

Conrad is an old-school tight end without the athletic traits to project to much more than a depth pass catcher in the NFL. He’s a solid run blocker who is capable enough of making a roster, but his inability to provide anything out of the ordinary in the passing game could keep him from being drafted. What does he do better than an average college football tight end? Not much. Conrad is a respected leader at Kentucky which will go over well with NFL coaches, but at the end of the day, basically everything he offers is replaceable.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/11/08/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-c-j-conrad/

Last edited:
OG Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin 6-6 315lbs.

Benzschawel #66(RG)

NFL Combine
Height: 6-6
Weight: 309
Arm: 33 3/8
Hand: 9 5/8
40: 5.24
10 : 1.88
225: 20

BEST TRAIT – Power at POA

WORST TRAIT – Balance

BEST FILM – Iowa (2018)

WORST FILM – Ohio State (2017)

RED FLAGS – None

Beau Benzschawel projects most favorably as a gap/power right guard at the NFL level. Benzschawel provides ample push in the run game but in order to be a consistent starter in the NFL he will need to focus on not over-extending himself and finding more functional strength in his hands. Benzschawel is a frustrating talent who clearly has traits that can make an impact but his restrictions in mobility will make him very scheme specific in a power run heavy scheme.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/24/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-beau-benzschawel/

Last edited:

I agree with that. White is a straight ahead seek and destroy type. He does it so effectively it often obscures his lack of ideal wiggle. He's going to cause a ton of problems but he can't pause and sense and redirect like Kuechly. I think he's plenty big enough. Guys like that tend to fill out in the NFL anyway.

Deion Jones looked like an ideal linebacker as a senior and at the combine. Run and pass. But he had only done it for one season. I thought he was undervalued but I always understand the hesitation with that type of resume. It's somewhat the same with Gerald Willis, the Canes defensive tackle. He had all kinds of off field and production problems until 2018. All it takes is one team to gamble high but most teams won't put full stock on what he did in 2018 compared to the overall career and risk involved. I'm not sure all of these guys realize they can't just turn it on for one year and move to the top of the list, especially with character concerns.

DT Terry Beckner, Jr. Missouri 6-3 305lbs.

NFL Combine
Weight: 296
Arm: 32 1/4
Hand:
40: 5.19
10 : 1.86
225: 28
VJ: 24.5
BJ: 8'2"
20S: 4.82
3C: 7.97

PROS: Pretty good weight on his frame, mostly muscular 305 pounds with a power gut. Flashes the power to take control of blockers with higher pad levels than him. Gets hands inside and can stack up solo blocks. Tough frame to move when he fires off low. Flashes a nasty swim move and awareness as a pass rusher. Plays hard and physical.

CONS: Missed two tackles vs Texas and a couple vs Georgia. Needs to break down better. Questions will abound about length. Doesn’t use full arm extension often, which allows blockers to keep working inside his frame. Not a clean stack-and-shed guy. Double-teams get him moving because of poor pad level. Pops straight up out of his stance on too many reps, collecting himself before moving forward. Often last defender off the ball or doesn’t gain enough ground on first and second steps. Rush plan is too inconsistent, gets stuck on blocks and has no counters. Gives up a lot of surface area for opponents. Methodical mover in space who clearly lacks high-end athleticism and flexibility. Does not appear to be a threat on passing downs. Has torn ligaments in both knees, ending his 2015 and 2016 seasons prematurely.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/08/01/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-terry-beckner/

Last edited:
I agree with that. White is a straight ahead seek and destroy type. He does it so effectively it often obscures his lack of ideal wiggle. He's going to cause a ton of problems but he can't pause and sense and redirect like Kuechly. I think he's plenty big enough. Guys like that tend to fill out in the NFL anyway.

Deion Jones looked like an ideal linebacker as a senior and at the combine. Run and pass. But he had only done it for one season. I thought he was undervalued but I always understand the hesitation with that type of resume. It's somewhat the same with Gerald Willis, the Canes defensive tackle. He had all kinds of off field and production problems until 2018. All it takes is one team to gamble high but most teams won't put full stock on what he did in 2018 compared to the overall career and risk involved. I'm not sure all of these guys realize they can't just turn it on for one year and move to the top of the list, especially with character concerns.

White actually lost weight after coming to LSU. I believe he was 257 at the Nike Combine.

DE Joe Jackson Miami(Fla.) 6-5 258lbs.

NFL Combine
Weight: 275
Arm: 34 1/8
Hand: 10
225: 22
VJ: 27
BJ: 9'1"

PROSPECT COMPARISON – Joe Schobert

BEST TRAIT – Length

WORST TRAIT – First Step Explosiveness

BEST FILM – Florida State (2018)

WORST FILM – LSU (2018)

RED FLAGS – None

Joe Jackson projects best as an even front defensive end. Jackson has pretty drastically altered his body since arriving at Miami, adding 30 lbs to his frame and becoming much more of a power end. That transition leads to some irregularities in his game: he isn’t overly developed with pass rush counters and has lost some of the explosiveness that made him so potent early in his career. May be well served to cut some weight to gain some juice back in his rush.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/20/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-joe-jackson/

Last edited:
OLB Vosean Joseph Florida 6-1 226lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-1
Weight: 230
Arm: 31 3/8
Hand: 9 5/8

BEST TRAIT – Lateral Mobility

WORST TRAIT – Processing/Play Strength

RED FLAGS – Did not start Charleston Southern game for “failing to meet the Gator standard”

Vosean Joseph’s blend of lateral mobility, underwhelming instincts, issues playing through contact and speed make him an ideal fit to function as a weakside linebacker in a 4-3 alignment. His issues playing into the line of scrimmage, taking on blocks and processing skills are too limiting for consideration as a MIKE or SAM linebacker. While he does offer upside to develop, there are notable holes in his game that must be improved upon for him to make an impact in the NFL. His college game tape revealed a mixed bag of results with some concerning low points. He has the makings of a starter in time should he develop, but there is a lot to overcome.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/01/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-vosean-joseph/

Last edited:
CB Rock Ya-Sin Temple 6-1 200lbs.

NFL Combine
Height: 6-0
Weight: 192
Arm: 32
Hand: 9 7/8
40: 4.52
225: 18
VJ: 39.5
BJ: 10'0"
20S: 4.31
3C: 7.31

Body-beautiful cornerback with good size and potential, but just one year of FBS football experience. Ya-Sin needs technique work across the board, but the ability to handle the duties of the position are all in place and waiting to be unlocked. He has the strength, toughness and feet to go from shadowing presence to a more disruptive one as a press-man corner. His lack of technique allows for some pitch-and-catch moments in coverage, but he has moldable traits to become a future starter with more experience and coaching.

Strengths

• Really long with carved up physique
  • Coaches loved him after just a couple months in program
  • Given single-digit number representing nine toughest players
  • Light in his backpedal
  • Possesses foot quickness for extended mirroring of release
  • Has potential for extended mirroring
  • Upper body strength to improve pop in his jam
  • Has traits for press-man or off-man
  • Decent closing burst to attack throws
  • Plays into catch-point with aggressive hands
  • Has ability to stick and drive from bail coverage
  • Willing in run support
  • Impressive upside with more technique work
Weaknesses
  • Not as disruptive from press as he could be
  • Needs more technique work
  • Turned around due to early hip declarations from press
  • Struggles to maintain proper leverage
  • False steps at top of his drop
  • Slight delay in transitions from off-man
  • Long speed is just average
  • Gets climbed and stacked at times
  • Inconsistent to stay in phase against verticals
  • Tendency to grab and face-guard rather than turn and locate
  • Average field awareness
  • Requires additional tackling technique
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/rock-ya-sin?id=32462019-0002-5623-97ad-5bcbb58f747e

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom