*** 2019 Nhl Playoffs: The Cup Changes Everything! *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2019 Nhl Playoffs: The Cup Changes Everything! ***

I'm rooting for the Jackets to win the Cup, honestly. Team management understood that it's going to lose a couple of star players to free agency through no fault of its own, so it went in and got pieces to try to make a run now.

Very impressive first round performance, would like to see them keep it up. I appreciate that they're good on both ends of the ice. Watching the Isles and Stars can be gruesomely tedious at times.

I'm rooting for the Jackets to win the Cup, honestly. Team management understood that it's going to lose a couple of star players to free agency through no fault of its own, so it went in and got pieces to try to make a run now.

Very impressive first round performance, would like to see them keep it up. I appreciate that they're good on both ends of the ice. Watching the Isles and Stars can be gruesomely tedious at times.

The bruins match up is the one that worries me. They are damn fast.

Outside of the Caps and Bruins I dont really hate any team remaining. I do admire the Jackets and Isles for building their teams the right way

The bruins match up is the one that worries me. They are damn fast.
That bruins team, especially the D, is not what I'd call fast .The leafs speed has been giving them fits so far.

That bruins team, especially the D, is not what I'd call fast .The leafs speed has been giving them fits so far.

Admittedly haven’t watched any of that series but last time we played them, they skated us off the ice.

Flames are out. Although I live in Calgary, I'm a Canucks fan through and through. Since we can't win a freaking thing, the next best thing is when the Flames can't either. Hence, it's a beautiful day! :pbj:

P.S. Colorado came to play. Mackinnon is basically McDavid II and his line is a wrecking ball. But they have speed and size through all 4 lines. I don't know if Vegas or San Jose can handle that team, the way they're playing, with a hot goaltender (Grubauer) to boot.

Justin Williams in the playoffs man. But seriously I always had a feeling the Caps would lose. They just really struggled with the checking of the Canes... Hell this year more than ever the teams that pressures is winning. This actually reminded me a lot of the Pens/Isles season... in terms of style of winning team, not how the series went.

But all division winners are out of the playoffs. Are the Bruins now the favorite? Or is their age/lack of speed going to be exposed by some of the more rounded teams? Do the Sharks finally get over the hump? Do the Blues continue to be the hottest team in the NHL?

Unbelievable. The four top seeds (division winners) lose to the four wildcard teams. I don't know if we'll ever see that again. :jawdrop

Unbelievable. The four top seeds (division winners) lose to the four wildcard teams. I don't know if we'll ever see that again. :jawdrop

Honestly I think all the underdogs minus maybe the Bruins won.

Playoff hockey is different man. More than any sport its win and get in. You have to be willing to get gritty. Honestly the reason the Caps were able to get over the humor last year was Barry Trotz. Him being gone IMO cost them a chance to repeat. He preaches defense and giving it all.

Justin Williams in the playoffs man. But seriously I always had a feeling the Caps would lose. They just really struggled with the checking of the Canes... Hell this year more than ever the teams that pressures is winning. This actually reminded me a lot of the Pens/Isles season... in terms of style of winning team, not how the series went.

But all division winners are out of the playoffs. Are the Bruins now the favorite? Or is their age/lack of speed going to be exposed by some of the more rounded teams? Do the Sharks finally get over the hump? Do the Blues continue to be the hottest team in the NHL?
I think we're seeing really clearly that skill does not trump hard work and energy. If ever there was an illustration that there are two seasons in the NHL, and the winner of the first one is almost never the winner of the second one, this is it.

Out West here, the Blues play a hard, resilient game that looks like it will be tough to beat. I don't think the Stars can do it - they have two very good lines, but that hardness, that compete level, I don't think they quite have it. The Sharks have the best team on paper, but they looked completely gassed at the end of the Vegas series and were lucky to win it. I have a feeling Colorado is going to take them.

And I don't watch the East much, but I like NYI if for no other reason than they're well-rested. ;) On to round two! :cheers:

honestly all the checking is not the Hurricanes game, they were going to speed and finesse you to death. Once the boys started hitting tho it was like they were an entirely different team. I did have to go to bed early on in this one cause been sick and exhausted, glad I did because 2OT I would be past miserable today. I really questioned what we did in the offseason, the Skinner trade hurt me been watching the kid develop since he was 18, and he tied for his top points season this year, Hanifan was a great D player, and Lindstrom went the **** off this year for Calgory. but I guess the saying is, if ya aint winning with them then try something new. winning a round in the playoffs is something new this decade

Back
Top Bottom