2019 Potential Cuts: Edge Rusher | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Potential Cuts: Edge Rusher

Pass bad fit for multiple fronts

Headed towards situational rusher territory at a fast clip

Dump quinn tell wake to chase the ring bring back Woodard and bring harris to camp. Harris provided we actually find multiple front size at de might be a situational rusher or maybe he’s cut or traded in camp even for peanuts.

Multiple fronts edge/de is the obvious hole in the defense right now. Likely to try and remedy it in the draft. If we don’t put all our eggs in a qb

Problem with us going multiple is we need size at de just to handle poa ask etc and that’s separate from most guys that have the size and poa play ability lack in the outside shoulder edge rush win aspect.

So you have high potential unless the scheme does a lot of the pass rush driving of drafting frame guys who don’t impact the qb consistently enough.

Which can make for bad draft value with early picks.

But miami needs bodies just to run multiple fronts let alone pass rush out of them

Do you like Vincent Taylor at DE in a 3-4?

Quinn sucked this year but so did Wake... Something I attribute to the Wide 9 scheme. I think they both have better productivity this year.
I’m sorry but I can’t let you lie wake finished with a top 5 rush grade, it’s not just sack totals, he wa up there in pressures

I’m sorry but I can’t let you lie wake finished with a top 5 rush grade, it’s not just sack totals, he wa up there in pressures

You are completely right. I meant more that he sucked by regular Wake standards... But that was because he picked things up later in the year. The first half of the season both DE's were invisible.

You are completely right. I meant more that he sucked by regular Wake standards... But that was because he picked things up later in the year. The first half of the season both DE's were invisible.
Our pass rush was woefully lacking last season, but I don't believe the issue lay solely on the individual player.

We were getting run on a an historically bad rate. I'm sure they were being coached to a "hold the edge first" philosophy on a high percentage of plays.

I doubt anyone will give us anything for Harris. He hasn't shown a consistent ability to hold up at the POA against the run, and is too slow to play at a "LB" type spot in variants.

His whole perceived value was a quick first step, with a good spin move. Many realized at the time that one trick ponies are easily handled at the NFL level, and he has added nothing to his game since.

Yes. Wake had a down year with 6 sacks (missed two games) compared to 10.5 the year prior but exactly what sort of help did he get last year? When you're soft in the middle it's gonna hurt outside. Who was demanding double teams on the inside? We also had issues at corner/safety which doesn't help. I would not be surprised in the least to see Wake have a rebound year. He has never been one to demand huge contracts so he must like Miami. He could have made MUCH more money on the FA market than he did here. I wouldn't have a problem re-signing him but he probably deserves better.

Wakes production 2018 per PFF....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-age-not-an-issue-for-cameron-wake-as-he-enters-free-agency

Back
Top Bottom