2019 Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Senior Bowl

This is where the Senior Bowl has some value to me (especially during years where I'm preoccupied with other stuff) - puts small-school guys on the radar sooner.

I like Finley. Hate that gruden wanted a win so bad that he practically wasn't allowed to through in the 4th. Guess that's what happens when you win 3 games in the regular season
The nice thing about Finley is he's probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. That would allow the team to load up a little bit on defense. I like Finley. He's described by football people as smart and poised. He's accurate. Not going to beat you with his legs or often down the filed like Mahomes, but if Miami is running a NE type offense I think he'd be a great fit. And if he doesn't show much year one, then you haven't lost a first rounder and you could still go qb in 2020.

If Miami hires the Pats' WR coach as OC, I could see him pounding the table for Isabel. My comp has been Brandin Cooks meets Edelman.

Yeah I made a joke during the game that Andy Isabella may already have a contract with the Patriots, then caught myself and realized that with us hiring the WR Coach they've had for the last decade as our OC, every joke I make about the Patriots that way now clearly applies to the Dolphins.

Keelan Doss was the other wide receiver that should've impressed discerning eyes, IMO.

Of course Deebo Samuel and Tyre Brady were good as well. There's a lot of talent in this class. Plenty of pass catchers to feed the machine.

But the machine is your system and your QB.

The problem I see initially with Finley is he's not going to be a franchise changer, he would be a safe pick up someone that may have a future in the NFL as a back up but I think he may be a little lacking that "IT" factor to really force change.

Keelan Doss was the other wide receiver that should've impressed discerning eyes, IMO.

Of course Deebo Samuel and Tyre Brady were good as well. There's a lot of talent in this class. Plenty of pass catchers to feed the machine.

But the machine is your system and your QB.

Scroll up dude, my eyes are far from discerning but even mine liked what they saw, wonder where he will go, don't think we are in the market for a wideout till the third, could he last that long ?

Scroll up dude, my eyes are far from discerning but even mine liked what they saw, wonder where he will go, don't think we are in the market for a wideout till the third, could he last that long ?

Ah sorry man. Sometimes I don't quite hit every post in a thread before I reply.

Ah sorry man. Sometimes I don't quite hit every post in a thread before I reply.

No worries, where do you think he'll go ? Is the small FCS school gonna hurt him ? And while you are here what about Nasir Adderley at DB, another small school guy ?

The problem I see initially with Finley is he's not going to be a franchise changer, he would be a safe pick up someone that may have a future in the NFL as a back up but I think he may be a little lacking that "IT" factor to really force change.
I tend to agree. I think he is more Kirk Cousins/Alex Smith. A mid-tier guy. But I could see Cousins or a Smith excelling in a Patriots offense, which makes me think Finley would be worth a look.

I tend to agree. I think he is more Kirk Cousins/Alex Smith. A mid-tier guy. But I could see Cousins or a Smith excelling in a Patriots offense, which makes me think Finley would be worth a look.

Pats is a great call for him, can see him really fitting in there, we unfortunately need something much more than that.

I think the ga state kid is jakeem grant. Deebo goes top 50 off his practice week I’d say. Doss I don’t think has quite Keenan Allen level short area burst but I can see the similarities to the player. Imo Isabella is a faster version of Danny Amendola.

The old dominion wr was interesting I don’t know if he can run though

Last edited:
Watched the O-line/D-line practices, North in particular, and 3 day dominators were Omenihu, Lindstrom.

If we traded back in the 1st and grabbed one of these two at a 20-25 range, I'd be happy.

Hell, if we took one of these guys at 13, I'd hold my nose, but secretly be just at happy.

Back
Top Bottom