2019 Sleeper Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Sleeper Picks

BennySwella

We need better LB's
Reaction score
I want to know who do you think will surprise people this year? What rookie to the team do you think could surprise us this season?
Or which veteran do you think will take the next step in their playmaking?

I think the obvious choice for a veteran is Minkah Fitzpatrick. I think a year under his belt will help to boost his productivity but the scheme change could either be a detriment or a boost to his development. I am expecting big things from this guy's career but this year wont be his peak. He will only continue to get better.

I think a surprise rookie to watch for will be linebacker Terrill Hanks. So much of a surprise I had to google his name to make sure I spelled it right. Our entire linebacking group is soft and a true playmaker could unseat any of them were we to have one on our roster. I think Hanks will get a chance to flash when he spells Raekwon, and could unseat him if he got injured.

I am going with the last pick in the draft which was a running back and the wide rrciever Williams a free agent pick up on offense.
Defense gotta go with either of the 2 inside cfa linebackers we picked Hanks and I believe the other fella is named Thomas.

Thats the rookies

Veterans defense I expect Minkah and Baker with their speed and a new coach to make it shine.

Veteran offense gotta go with Davis on the oline and our 2nd year tight end from Penn State.

I don’t see Minkah as a surprise.... he played at a high level last year and is fully expected to play well.

I think Jerome Baker will surprise as a pass rusher in this scheme.

I think Christian Wilkens will surprise us with the pressure he is able to apply and his versatility along the line.

I think Preston Williams will end up being a steal.

I don’t see Minkah as a surprise.... he played at a high level last year and is fully expected to play well.

I think Jerome Baker will surprise as a pass rusher in this scheme.

I think Christian Wilkens will surprise us with the pressure he is able to apply and his versatility along the line.

I think Preston Williams will end up being a steal.
I hope that to be the case for Wilkins, I feel like he’s got some strength to develop before he Flourishes..

Agree with you on Preston..

The one I am most looking forward to seeingn is Preston Williams, he has more then just surprise people potential...could be the biggest steal in the NFL, considering he went undrafted.

He has potential to be dominant, and as long as he behaves off the playing field, he could be a ridiculously good new addition.

Of course Preston Williams is on everyone's radar at this point -- I also like the RBs and
hope we strike gold with Calhoun as far as "sleepers." Beyond that its pretty safe to
project 2 R starters with Wilkins and [URL='https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/michael-deiter/'] Deiter. [/URL] Personally hope Van Ginkel gets to see
some spot action and show off his chops (blitz and chasing all over the field
creating fumbles like in college)!

Ledbetter has a shot to make an impact as does [URL='https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/nik-needham/']Needham IMO.[/URL]

Really optimistic we have a lot of upside rookie talent on the roster.

:)

I think Kenyan Drake catches a ton of passes out of the backfield next year.

Charles Harris makes everyone forget Cam Wake, Jason Taylor and Doug Betters!

Doug Betters act like I know who he is.

NFL defensive player of the year 1983....All-Pro....known as the “mountain man”....16 sacks in 1983....prominent member of the famous “Killer Bees”...Betters, Bokamper, Brudzinski, Baumhower, Bowser...and the Blackwood brothers at safety (Glen & Lyle)...the reason the Dolphins made it to Super Bowl 17 with a lead going into the 4th quarter....with an inept offense and pathetic QB.

Back
Top Bottom