2019 Sleeper Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Sleeper Picks

Wilkens is actually a freak.... I think Warren Sapp is a Comp. ...Wilkens will not disappoint!
That word Freak, imo is someone like Ed Oliver in that draft,that explosive movement/coordination is special, I don’t have Christian on that same level, but I do like his overall package, just think he needs to get stronger, and more explosive with his training..

That word Freak, imo is someone like Ed Oliver in that draft,that explosive movement/coordination is special, I don’t have Christian on that same level, but I do like his overall package, just think he needs to get stronger, and more explosive with his training..

To me it’s a person of certain immense size that can move with such athleticism ... Oliver is at least 25 to 30 pounds lighter than Wilkens!

To me it’s a person of certain immense size that can move with such athleticism ... Oliver is at least 25 to 30 pounds lighter than Wilkens!
That’s true, he’s athletic, his coordination and movement is efficient, even when lining up at other positions..It’s just that I think he lacks some strength and power..so Imo, if he’s going to prove worth of that draft slot, I do believe he needs to work on his body, explosiveness, and power, He’s got quickness and athleticism relative to the size so i think that development, in that department, is how he can attain his ceiling..because we know he’s bring everything else to the table, like Effort/work ethic/intellect/leadership..

Jalen Davis but it’s probably gonna be about opportunity.

If they are really moving mccain to package or full time safety that opportunity is now.

But I doubt they are.

Davis was a dive tackler in 2018. Which is a bad recipe in the slot. Doesn’t look like he gained much weight either this offseason which I think is important for his physicality and tackling and rerouting guys off the los and at the top of the route positioning etc.

Last edited:
I went to high school with Wilkins at Suffield Academy. There has never been an endeavor he hasn’t excelled at. Expect him to be a star. That’s not a surprise.
I have a feeling given the nature Coach Flo That full back Cox we picked up in the 7th may lead most of the team and all rookies in TDs.

Preston Williams could be a great surprise . I am excited to see him play in pre season.

Just bought my tickets To see the fins in NJ with my Fiancé who’s a Giants fan and our couple friends who are both Giants fans. I’m expecting the dub and bragging rights!

Hanks in interesting. I’ll make a Vontaze Burfict comp if you take out the nut case aspect. Slow footed but very instinctive. Gets to the ball, is disruptive, and makes plays. He looks physical but the lack of speed dinged both guys on draft day. I think the NE style might allow a slow guy or two at inside linebacker if they are exceptionally sound and make great reads.

We’ve been talking about Preston Williams since we got him and there’s a lot of upside.

I’m not ruling out about four undrafteds making the team.

Geez I hope our first rd pick surprises
I don’t see Minkah as a surprise.... he played at a high level last year and is fully expected to play well.

I think Jerome Baker will surprise as a pass rusher in this scheme.

I think Christian Wilkens will surprise us with the pressure he is able to apply and his versatility along the line.

I think Preston Williams will end up being a steal.

If our first rd pick doesn’t get pressure day 1 we have yet wasted another early day pick - dude was projected NFL ready

In other words it shouldn’t be a surprise - Baker getting constant pressure wold be the surprise

Count me in on Jalen Davis making a big jump, I think he now knows the speed and now his brain and instincts will start to show.

I’m really hoping that with Raekwon makes a big jump from what was his true rookie year due to his injury, and I think it might happen as the team moves away from the oh so formidable wide 9 defense :wink:

I’m really hoping that with Raekwon makes a big jump from what was his true rookie year due to his injury, and I think it might happen as the team moves away from the oh so formidable wide 9 defense :wink:
Ya know, I just can’t bet against this dude, I mean his background and history playing ball is really unbelievable..I just wouldn’t ever bet against a player with this amount of drive, strength, and leadership, even if there are some athletic limitations, even then, with the lost weight that’s been reported, that 4.65 can get quicker and faster.

So to me core wise, fundamental strength, this is the strongest player on the team, for him to drop some of the extra baby fat that core is going to maintain now with added quickness..

I can’t wait to see this version of him, quicker, faster, one year removed from injury, 1 more year of experience to a very young player, better coaches coaching him, lighter, yet still explosive at impact..

Back
Top Bottom