2020 Cornerbacks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Cornerbacks

Appropriate fall for Dantzler, I'm sorry to say.

Agree with your Top 2, and I also have Fulton at 4. I'm higher on Terrell, but I agree with almost all of the groupings, and I do feel better seeing that you have Diggs in a lower range.

Got to respectfully disagree with you (and Slimm) here bro.

Everything I've seen from Dantzler makes me think he's a really good football player. The 40 time will obviously drop him, but I saw lots of strong man coverage on tape. He might be the most physical corner in the draft; does a great job jamming guys at the line. He did just about as good a job as anyone could expect on Jamar Chase. He's also a really good red zone defender.

That 4.64 really shocked me. I don't see him getting toasted on tape. Am I missing something?

Got to respectfully disagree with you (and Slimm) here bro.

Everything I've seen from Dantzler makes me think he's a really good football player. The 40 time will obviously drop him, but I saw lots of strong man coverage on tape. He might be the most physical corner in the draft; does a great job jamming guys at the line. He did just about as good a job as anyone could expect on Jamar Chase. He's also a really good red zone defender.

That 4.64 really shocked me. I don't see him getting toasted on tape. Am I missing something?

Think he could be a good player for someone like Buffalo or Washington, but I doubt he's even on Miami's board. He has exceptional skill, but I don't think he has the juice to play Man in the NFL.

I'd like Henderson if he somehow made it to 18. Hes always in position to make the play just some bad luck on a few last year. Howard, Jones and Henderson is just wow. Buffalo will run more 3 WR sets with the addition of Diggs, Jets do already and they will be drafting a top flight WR. No idea what the Pat's will be trying but their wideouts do not worry me.

I still have visions of Terrell getting absolutely torched by jamar chase dancing in my head

agree witb the top 2. Henderson’s just too gifted and fluid with his transition etc

damon Arnette is one physical and tough dude. Long speed isn’t great what’s the thought on him projecting to the slot? He’s got the tackling and physicality to make a good fit there imo.

I still have visions of Terrell getting absolutely torched by jamar chase dancing in my head

agree witb the top 2. Henderson’s just too gifted and fluid with his transition etc

damon Arnette is one physical and tough dude. Long speed isn’t great what’s the thought on him projecting to the slot? He’s got the tackling and physicality to make a good fit there imo.

honestly Arnette reminds me a lil of McCain. Both get by and make their money w/ hustle and acting like a gnat

He gets beat vertically which has always been the arnette issue w/ me. I think he needs to develop better ball skills and win more at the catch point.

He’s finna be over drafted imo.

All that said, he has gotten better each year.

They pick your no3 Noah at #30

Yeah I returned to this thread to see where Slimm rated the Auburn kid. Frankly I never paid a lot of attention to him after noticing in one game that he wouldn't turn around to find the ball, and seemed to panic in that situation.

That's never my favorite combination. Some of the spotlighted plays after the selection displayed those tendencies. But obviously he has other things going for him to be taken that high.

I think Igbinoghene is being underrated in a lot of places.

Great call out ;)

1. Jeffrey Okudah* / Ohio St. / 6'1", 205
2. C.J. Henderson* / Florida / 6'1", 204
3. Noah Igbinoghene* / Auburn / 5'10", 198
They pick your no3 Noah at #30

@ckparrothead had some good things to say about him too.

Given that Flo's specialty is identifying and developing players like him, I'm totally on board with the pick.

Not only that, all of the players fans are crying over the Dolphins not selecting haven't been selected by any other team yet either. So they clearly have them valued in line with everyone else.

And they are playing the board, knowing that no safeties or RB's had been selected when they made their last pick. If a run on either position begins, they are in position to be able to move up the board to get in on the action before they are all gone.

I think many view the top 3-5 RB's and top couple safeties fairly evenly, and it's likely the Dolphins do too. They'll get one of each if they really want them.

Back
Top Bottom