2020 Defensive Tackle Rankings

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Greta job and appreciated as always.

Like to seem Lynch that high, really like him. Much more of a brute force guy but could be a perfect type of Swiss army DL player. More burst and quickness than I expected but not elite EDGE type speed, think he has tools to build on and is a high effort/energy guy would could move from 1 to 5 technique given the situation. Seems like a fit but not sure he would make it to 56 and 39 seems a bit high though his college coach picks before Miami so it may be a moot point.

What are your thoughts on him?
Effort guy with short arms. I gave him the benefit of the doubt based on production. I think he'll be more effective working against guards in the NFL than he was against tackles in college. I think you have to kick him inside a gap from where he was at Baylor and let him work half a man on the outside shoulder of a guard.

PSU Cane

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Henderson seems to fit the mold of DB Flo and company like. Long, athletic and physical would fit right in. If things fell to where Miami kept all 3 1st rounders CJ at 18 is a dream.
I can’t use the word physical when describing Henderson. He might make the occasional physical play but has an aversion to contact most of the time.

supremely talented though - smooth as can be

Dolphinator530

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I can’t use the word physical when describing Henderson. He might make the occasional physical play but has an aversion to contact most of the time.

supremely talented though - smooth as can be
I meant more with receivers at the line, and moving them off their route. As a run game supporter you are correct its not worth mentioning because it basically doesnt exist.

jimthefin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Assuming Flores like the kind of DB's the Patriots prefer then tackling is important.

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Flores / the staff may see these guys and think they can coach up the tackling aspect though

Awsi Dooger

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
I was checking the SPARQ archive today. If anyone wants a reference toward how bad this defensive line/edge crop is in relation to a typical year, it was front and center in those athletic testing numbers. In 2018 there were a combined 22 players who tested at 70% level or above, in comparison to the average NFL player at 50%. Last year there were a combined 25 players at 70% and higher.

This year there are 5

Granted, we had test skippers like Chase Young, and canceled pro days. Far fewer full performances to draw a SPARQ score. But 5 at this stage after a full combine is ridiculous.

I would stay away from those positions unless absolutely certain, or extreme value later

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom