2020 Defensive Tackle Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Defensive Tackle Rankings

Greta job and appreciated as always.

Like to seem Lynch that high, really like him. Much more of a brute force guy but could be a perfect type of Swiss army DL player. More burst and quickness than I expected but not elite EDGE type speed, think he has tools to build on and is a high effort/energy guy would could move from 1 to 5 technique given the situation. Seems like a fit but not sure he would make it to 56 and 39 seems a bit high though his college coach picks before Miami so it may be a moot point.

What are your thoughts on him?

Effort guy with short arms. I gave him the benefit of the doubt based on production. I think he'll be more effective working against guards in the NFL than he was against tackles in college. I think you have to kick him inside a gap from where he was at Baylor and let him work half a man on the outside shoulder of a guard.

Henderson seems to fit the mold of DB Flo and company like. Long, athletic and physical would fit right in. If things fell to where Miami kept all 3 1st rounders CJ at 18 is a dream.

I can’t use the word physical when describing Henderson. He might make the occasional physical play but has an aversion to contact most of the time.

supremely talented though - smooth as can be

I can’t use the word physical when describing Henderson. He might make the occasional physical play but has an aversion to contact most of the time.

supremely talented though - smooth as can be

I meant more with receivers at the line, and moving them off their route. As a run game supporter you are correct its not worth mentioning because it basically doesnt exist.

Assuming Flores like the kind of DB's the Patriots prefer then tackling is important.

Henderson does have that Miami connection.....

Flores / the staff may see these guys and think they can coach up the tackling aspect though

I was checking the SPARQ archive today. If anyone wants a reference toward how bad this defensive line/edge crop is in relation to a typical year, it was front and center in those athletic testing numbers. In 2018 there were a combined 22 players who tested at 70% level or above, in comparison to the average NFL player at 50%. Last year there were a combined 25 players at 70% and higher.

This year there are 5

Granted, we had test skippers like Chase Young, and canceled pro days. Far fewer full performances to draw a SPARQ score. But 5 at this stage after a full combine is ridiculous.

I would stay away from those positions unless absolutely certain, or extreme value later

No Strowbridge?

Nice prospect, but more of a base DE in an even front. Doesn’t have the pad level to play DT. I see him best as more of a 4i.

Early day 3 player on my board. Just never did get around to putting up my composite DE, LB, or Safety threads - focused more on getting 2021 organized.

Nice prospect, but more of a base DE in an even front. Doesn’t have the pad level to play DT. I see him best as more of a 4i.

Early day 3 player on my board. Just never did get around to putting up my composite DE, LB, or Safety threads - focused more on getting 2021 organized.

Fair enough. Pad level can be improved. I certainly wouldn't rule out him being able to push some pockets from the inside.

How bout Jordan Elliott value top 75? That’s kinda what I’m thinking. He’s interesting

How bout Jordan Elliott value top 75? That’s kinda what I’m thinking. He’s interesting

I like the value. Knows how to use his hands (even though Missouri players give me PTSD)

I have my eye on DaVon Hamilton. The guy is strong and has serious pop. He's one of those guys the outside is way too low on imo

I like Hamilton quite a bit. Good system fir for Miami too.

The simulators have him in Round 4(I have been trading up into the 120's to grab him)but he will go mid to late 3rd I think.

Back
Top Bottom