2020 Dolphins Expect To Have $120 Mil In Cap Space And At Least 10 Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Dolphins Expect To Have $120 Mil In Cap Space And At Least 10 Picks

Mach, your words of inspiration have inspired me. I too was taught in the ways of Confucius. One of his more obscure gestures of wisdom comes to mind.

Confucius say: Man who farts in church sits in own pew.

What the correlation is here beyond Confucius I cannot say. After all, that's for somebody else to figure out.
That's deep. You could spend a lifetime pondering the philosophical ramifications of this words.

Sure, or you could sit here with the current selection of first and second round picks on our roster which is trash. We ignored the QB position while HOU, KC, and others aggressively moved up for theirs. Bottom line is we are drafting a QB in the first round whether its this year or next.

If its a franchise QB then it doesn't matter if you give up a few picks for 10-15 years from the most important position in pro sports. Sure, you could hold out for 2020 and pray we get the #1 pick and take Tua, but what if he doesn't declare or gets hurt? Or what is the Giants land #1 and eye him up?

The safest thing to do is take the guy who looks like a franchise QB now, and that's Kyler Murray.

KC and Houston were playoff teams when they made those trades, and Mahomes took over for a team that won 12 games with Alex Smith. People always seem to forget that.

When you are probably going to be the worst team in the league, you don’t give away multiple picks for anything unless you’re trading up to draft Andrew Luck, not a 5’9” not sure thing.

Maybe this time we will pick a qb.last few times we ****ed it up. Brown over Rodgers and long over Ryan. The only time we picked a qb early we forced a pick for Tannehill when khueckly would have been the wiser pick w Wilson in the second. And the guy that had that plan we didn’t hire. Can we this time stack the talent in the lines first then when we have a high draft pick use that for the guy we really see as best qb. Trade up and go get him if need to.but let’s not screw this up again

To think after 2019, the Dolphins can clear out even more money, by releasing, Rashad Jones, TJ McDonald, Kiko Alonzo and Charles Harris. This regime has this cap thing all figured out. I'm absolutely on board with the direction the franchise is going. Once they get Tunsil and Howard resigned and draft a potential franchise type QB, they'll be able to selectively sign F/A at will. Much like NE did with Stephon Gilmore.

Even if Tua is not available , we can get either Hebert or Frohm. Both could be studs.

On the bright side...with absolutely 0 expectations it will make the season a lot more entertaining.

If I see Miami run the ball on 3rd and short, I will consider it to be a successful season! I was sick and tired of Gase's idiotic playcalling. His favorite play on 3rd and short was a pass BEHIND the line of scrimmage for a loss, followed by a punt.

We are going to have cap room but the bulk of a roster to build. I just hope our days of overpaying are gone. In baseball, they saw the idiotic Albert Pujols type of deals and now contracts are more rational. But baseball GMs are bright, often ivy leaguers, and the NFL is still living in the meathead stage. They will come around.

I expect a graphic a couple of years in saying to the effect of “Brian Flores. Only ten players he inherited are still with the Dolphins”. Something like Drake, Wilson, Tunsil, Fitzpatrick, Baker, Howard, Godchaux, and Taylor, and maybe a few guys who turn it on or surprise us from the David Falks, Jalen Davises, Kalen Ballages or even Mike Gesickis of the world. But Miami will have to be more logical with player retention and being proactive about it.

To think after 2019, the Dolphins can clear out even more money, by releasing, Rashad Jones, TJ McDonald, Kiko Alonzo and Charles Harris. This regime has this cap thing all figured out. I'm absolutely on board with the direction the franchise is going. Once they get Tunsil and Howard resigned and draft a potential franchise type QB, they'll be able to selectively sign F/A at will. Much like NE did with Stephon Gilmore.

Man, I am super impressed with the new regime. I wasn’t on board at first and thought everyone should have been fired but Grier is fixing TBum’s mistakes really fast. I think that 2021 is our year to be competitive again. Got to give all of the rookies in 2019 and 2020 time to develop.

If Arizona is open for business you have to make the move up if the price is 1,1,2,2. There is no assurance Tua declares next year or that a franchise passer is there in 2020. I say move up if possible and spend that salary cap money on building a contender.

The sell for ARZ is that we could be so bad that our 2020 1st is a top 3 pick, but I have no issues with paying the price for a franchise QB. It worked out for the Rams and Eagles.

There is no franchise QB in this draft. MAYBE Kyler, but he’s a gamble. Everyone else in it this year sucks.

Did somebody say PICKS and MONEY!?

31ef7fddc6f9fb4737be5e70559d1a4b.jpeg

Man, I am super impressed with the new regime. I wasn’t on board at first and thought everyone should have been fired but Grier is fixing TBum’s mistakes really fast. I think that 2021 is our year to be competitive again. Got to give all of the rookies in 2019 and 2020 time to develop.

What, specifically, has he fixed?

And what is this clean slate being given to Grier? You do understand Grier was GM last year as well, don't you?

You do realize that Grier has been GM since 2016?

You do realize that he was head of college scouting since 2007, right?

Grier is the reason for the Dolphins having the weakest roster in the NFL.

He hasn't fixed anything. He is already all about creating more problems with his bad decisions, and even more so with his INdecision.

Back
Top Bottom