2020 Dolphins Expect To Have $120 Mil In Cap Space And At Least 10 Picks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Dolphins Expect To Have $120 Mil In Cap Space And At Least 10 Picks

People act like we have never had cap space or picks before.
Its not the picks or money its what you do with it.
New England, Philly, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans all super bowl winners none were made that way because they decided to tank a season.
People keep forgetting that Grier has been GM since 2016 and has been a big part of this organization for a long damn time.
He shares blame in the mess we have.

Now some will say he had no power with Tannebaum but if he was so weak as to take a job that was in name only then he probably is not someone that you want in this role.
I do not totally believe he took a job with no say so, its quite convenient to believe it as a fan to make you feel better.

That being said is the current GM, it is now his show totally for most part we guess. so we can hope we have a good plan for the larger picture.
I wish him the best in fixing his screw ups and the previous people's.
I am not rooting for a tank either way. Good Gms do not need the top pick in the draft to find players. The qb with the most rings was a 6th round pick, Montanna was not a high pick, Marino was taken after many other qbs late in first round. Aaron Rodgers was taken late in first round.

New England, Philly, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans all super bowl winners none were made that way because they decided to tank a season.
People keep forgetting that Grier has been GM since 2016 and has been a big part of this organization for a long damn time.

Now some will say he had no power with Tannebaum but if he was so weak as to take a job that was in name only then he probably is not someone that you want in this role.
I do not totally believe he took a job with no say so, its quite convenient to believe it as a fan to make you feel better.

I don't totally believe that Ross who is a billionaire businessman would keep a guy onboard who was responsible for the mess the team was in. That just doesn't make any sense. Why would he do that?

I don't totally believe that Ross who is a billionaire businessman would keep a guy onboard who was responsible for the mess the team was in. That just doesn't make any sense. Why would he do that?

Ross has been utter clueless in picking competent football personnel people. What’s so hard to believe?

That being said is the current GM, it is now his show totally for most part we guess. so we can hope we have a good plan for the larger picture.
I wish him the best in fixing his screw ups and the previous people's.
I am not rooting for a tank either way. Good Gms do not need the top pick in the draft to find players. The qb with the most rings was a 6th round pick, Montanna was not a high pick, Marino was taken after many other qbs late in first round. Aaron Rodgers was taken late in first round.

And Grier has done a pretty good job since 2016. Drafting Tunsil and Howard alone are reason enough to keep him here, even taking Charles Harris into account.

The idea wasn’t to go out and do cap magic to get Leveon Bell and Nick Foles here. It’s to draft well this year and get our QB next year. Grier seems pretty well suited to that task, especially with MacKenzie on board.

As I’ve said before, the organization is finally doing the right thing.

And Grier has done a pretty good job since 2016. Drafting Tunsil and Howard alone are reason enough to keep him here, even taking Charles Harris into account.

The idea wasn’t to go out and do cap magic to get Leveon Bell and Nick Foles here. It’s to draft well this year and get our QB next year. Grier seems pretty well suited to that task, especially with MacKenzie on board.

Tunsil was a gift from the football gods, along with YouTube and TMZ. His selection was partly circumstance and partly damn blind luck.

So was Minkah.

When left to their own devices at a late first, we end up with Charles Harris.

With that said. So far I do like alot of what they are doing right now. As far as cap and player retention or lack there of.

What I like so far in looking (so limited of a view) what the front office is doing. Being fiscally responsible and establishing a long term plan and not kicking the can. Second building through youth. The Patriots have built through the draft and that means letting high priced FA going to other teams which results in a lot of comp picks. Watch this years comp pick assignments, New England will be at the top. With the current rules, comp picks can be packaged to trade.

Tunsil was a gift from the football gods, along with YouTube and TMZ. His selection was partly circumstance and partly damn blind luck.

So was Minkah.

When left to their own devices at a late first, we end up with Charles Harris.

With that said. So far I do like alot of what they are doing right now. As far as cap and player retention or lack there of.

Sometimes people don't take gifts like when Matt Miller passed on DeMarcus Ware and chose WR Mike Williams, or like when the Dolphins drafted Ted Ginn & family and passed on Patrick Willis.

The organization has not proved it is doing the right thing that is quite to be determined by the actions in this draft and beyond as well as the way they handle contracts.
Every few years somebody is saying the line the organization is finally doing the right thing. In my opinion the organization would have actually cleaned house if it were to do the right thing instead of the usual get rid of coach keep gm and visa versa that we have continually done under Ross.

What, specifically, has he fixed?

And what is this clean slate being given to Grier? You do understand Grier was GM last year as well, don't you?

You do realize that Grier has been GM since 2016?

You do realize that he was head of college scouting since 2007, right?

Grier is the reason for the Dolphins having the weakest roster in the NFL.

He hasn't fixed anything. He is already all about creating more problems with his bad decisions, and even more so with his INdecision.
Something I have been criticizing Grier about I was incorrect on, my bad, I thought he held the title of GM when they extended Tannehill, not true..

Tannebaum and hickey were in charge when tannehill got the extension in May of 2015.

“He is an ascending talent, a team leader and checks all of the boxes you are looking for at the position,” Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum said in regard to the extension.”

I feel a little better knowing Grier wasn’t the guy making that bad evaluation, and that guy is gone..

What I like so far in looking (so limited of a view) what the front office is doing. Being fiscally responsible and establishing a long term plan and not kicking the can. Second building through youth. The Patriots have built through the draft and that means letting high priced FA going to other teams which results in a lot of comp picks. Watch this years comp pick assignments, New England will be at the top. With the current rules, comp picks can be packaged to trade.

It remains to be seen if they will be fiscally responsible. We have little money to be fiscally irresponsible with right now. Almost all of their moves were fairly easy to predict but getting a draft pick for Tannehill no matter how low is not horrible. The Robert Quinn trade was not good but might as well keep him on roster to possibly get a compensatory pick or even a possible trade for him.
at least after this season we have only two fairly bad contracts on the team in Reshard Jones and the inexplicable one we gave Bobby McCain. Most of the other contracts of players that may be gone soon are fairly easy to eat if need be. They should explore resigning Tunsil and Howard early and possibly moving Harris unless the new coach sees something in him worth keeping.

Right now we are team with a ton of holes that needs to get a competent qb in here this season to at least give the players something to play for regardless of record.
About the only area of this team that seems to be covered is safety so its anyone's guess what we will do in the draft.

Something I have been criticizing Grier about I was incorrect on, my bad, I thought he held the title of GM when they extended Tannehill, not true..

Tannebaum and hickey were in charge when tannehill got the extension in May of 2015.

“He is an ascending talent, a team leader and checks all of the boxes you are looking for at the position,” Dolphins executive vice president Mike Tannenbaum said in regard to the extension.”

I feel a little better knowing Grier wasn’t the guy making that bad evaluation, and that guy is gone..
Well we have no clue if he was part of the evaluation that created that idea though.

The Tunsil thing on this forum is just nuts. He isn't a good LT. He is adequate at best. People on this forum post about him like he is a top ten tackle or something even close to that.....he isn't.

Stop!! deluding yourselves, it isn't helping the situation in Miami that the fans are so forgiving and so quick to call one of their players great. It isn't real!!

36 Laremy Tunsil MIA 78 70.4
79.5 62.3 820 491 329 A

Being rated 36th out of 64 starting OT's isn't that good. It is even less than the median.

Come on people! We have the worst roster in the NFL and the guy the most responsible for that roster is now in charge of everything football with the Dolphins.

The top ranked Dolphin at his position was Cameron Wake, he is gone.

Xavien Howard was ranked:
19 Xavien Howard MIA 25 77.3
75.3 83.6 60.0 803 468 334 1 A

Howard , ranked 19th, wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL.

This team is so dysfunctional on so many levels it maddening.

One guy has a good season and all of a sudden he thinks he is the greatest. Last year, the caroms didn't fall to him and he was ranked in the 50's.

This fan base needs to wake up and get real.

Blind homerism isn't helping.

The last thing in the world this fan base needs to do is acquiesce to the gross incompetence of this ownership and FO.

A full blown fan revolt is what is in order.

Viva La Revolucion!!!

Back
Top Bottom