2020 Dolphins Schedule Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Dolphins Schedule Thread

People should not dismiss the pats that quick. Last year Brady wasn't all that good and they still won 12 games so stop acting as if they're done. We've been saying that for years.
I don't know Danny. They lost a lot of their players this year and of course their QB. I'm dismissing them. I dismiss them long time.

2020 Patriots:

What is everyone whining about? 14 games are what they are, because of rotation. Our "optional" games are teams that are wholly beatable.

Amen. All this "strength of schedule" BS is just that...nobody knows...you won't know how strong the schedule is until it's over.

And yes...schedules like this are EXACTLY what happens to last place teams, and all other teams in the league. You know who you're going to play in 2020, at the end of 2019, and every team falls under the same formula. The only wrinkles are when the games are played, and that's pretty standardized too. The back-to-back west coast games aren't even that big a deal. Couple years ago we had the Chargers and Rams back-to-back....went 2-0.

Back to back wins so that's nice.
It happens more than one might think.

I actually like in in some respects. I think, much like in the NBA, it favors the better coached team. Moves, and counter moves (Hunger Games reference).

I think the same guys that were kneeling for Tua a year ago and calling for Rosen to start right away are praying for Tua to sit the whole year and calling out anyone that wants to see him sooner. Deflecting SOBs, like that dude with the Jack Black avatar
I agree. I see Tua starting by week 5. Already so many are gun shy about using him. If he gets hurt he gets hurt. Lets start the on field learning process. If he wait s a year then what, then the second year is about him getting experience and then we're good in '22? F that noise. When he's healthy get him out there.

Patriots with 2 divisional home games to end the season. For the 4th season in a row. HMM...…...

But the NFL doesn't play favorites.

People should not dismiss the pats that quick. Last year Brady wasn't all that good and they still won 12 games so stop acting as if they're done. We've been saying that for years.

It's not the talent it's the continuity and that is gone.

I agree. I see Tua starting by week 5. Already so many are gun shy about using him. If he gets hurt he gets hurt. Lets start the on field learning process. If he wait s a year then what, then the second year is about him getting experience and then we're good in '22? F that noise. When he's healthy get him out there.
So you think it was a mistake letting Mahomes sit the vast majority of his rookie year?

I really don't think that determination can be made intelligently before TC, when the coaches see where he's at.

I realize ppl want to see the shiney new toy, but I'll defer to Flo, who has a lot more knowledge about the game than I.

So you think it was a mistake letting Mahomes sit the vast majority of his rookie year?

I really don't think that determination can be made intelligently before TC, when the coaches see where he's at.

I realize ppl want to see the shiney new toy, but I'll defer to Flo, who has a lot more knowledge about the game than I.

I am with you I think there’s no way he starts that early in the season especially with no OTA no rookie mini camp and no real training camp. And I think if anyone projects to have those things normally right now is a bit of a pipe dream.

I honestly think that the schedules gonna get pushed back to sometime around a Halloween start, so that’s why I think week 12 because week 12 will be somewhere like the second week of January at that point so he would be 14 months removed from his injury with five months six months to learn the system. We will see but I think he will get probably one or two starts (if they kick off when expected) at the end of the year unless Miami is pushing for a playoff spot.

I agree with your last sentence Mach. But if people are going to have to make a determination that we should be sitting him on the bench just because should allow me to make a case for the opposite of that.

TO me, it's when he's healthy and beats out Fitz and Fitz isn't on a hot streak you pull him and you begin the future. Keep in mind that Alex Smith was on a super hot streak in KC while Mahomes was riding the pine. Mahomes coming out of college was also a lot more raw than Tua is so his time on the bench was very helpful to him coming from Texas Tech vs Tua from Bama having run a pro offense for Saban...

Back
Top Bottom