2020 Dolphins Schedule Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Dolphins Schedule Thread

It's not the talent it's the continuity and that is gone.
What continuity is gone? The quarterback is gone, but the line's still there. The secondaries still there. Receivers. Running backs. They've lost some linebackers but there's turnover there every year.

What continuity is gone? The quarterback is gone, but the line's still there. The secondaries still there. Receivers. Running backs. They've lost some linebackers but there's turnover there every year.

Agree, However, the NFL has never seen a QB as good at reading Ds and finding mismatches. The importance of that lose is unknown. I doubt fans will see Stidham? moving individual players around outside of the playcall the way TB did. IMO, a lot of NE's success/failure rides on Stidham and, for now, that's unknown. Nonetheless, you're right, the pieces, for the most part are still in place and BB is a master at gameplans. As an aside, that's one thing that gives me some hope. Game 1, there'll be no tape on the 'new' Dolphins.

I've said elsewhere, I like to go to the fan clubs of a season's opponents and see how THEY think their games against Miami will go. Jets forum, by consensus, shows 1-1 - one win, one loss. Granted, this is May and the world could (will) change, but for now 1-1.

Tangentially, going by fora of all opponent's, that's Miami's only win. Chargers forum lists Miami as "winnable" and Pats/LV don't have predictions yet.

Having the same HC and QB for decades is a HUGE advantage. That is the only continuity that matters. And for the Matt Cassell crowd there were 8 pro bowlers on that team and the AFC East was awful. Totally different situation.

I'll almost guarantee the Patriots will be negative in the turnover category and worst in the AFC East in 3rd down conversion.

Its unfortunate but I have zero faith we see a single one of these games played this season. This country has never looked more vulnerable or incompetent. Hope I'm wrong.

Having the same HC and QB for decades is a HUGE advantage. That is the only continuity that matters. And for the Matt Cassell crowd there were 8 pro bowlers on that team and the AFC East was awful. Totally different situation.

I'll almost guarantee the Patriots will be negative in the turnover category and worst in the AFC East in 3rd down conversion.

I agree with the Matt Cassel analogy, that was a team that lost two players off an 18-1 team. Players that came back include Randy moss that running game the whole offensive line most of the defense all returned so of course they were going to win a bunch of games.

This year they lost their two best linebackers their best defensive lineman their quarterback their back up center and added no offensive weapons and had a average draft as far as filling holes with impactful players I don’t see how anyone thinks they are a 10 win team.

Its unfortunate but I have zero faith we see a single one of these games played this season. This country has never looked more vulnerable or incompetent. Hope I'm wrong.

My concern is a 2nd wave of C19. Barring that, citizens (voters) are getting restless and want to get their lives back. Sept is plenty of time to get the US re-open. Now, 2nd wave is the wild card and I make no guarantees. I hope you're wrong too. Even a 10-12 game season would help me through the winter months.

Did anyone see this article about Woodstock being held during a terrible pandemic that killed more people than COVID 19?

Back
Top Bottom