2020 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Draft

Chase Young with our pick.
OLT with Steeler Pick
ORT with Texans pick

I'll go another year with Kilgore since we will be flying with such a young line. Davis can kick back inside where he belongs

We can be hopeful say a tackle at around 8 with the Steelers pick and a guard or center around 20 with the houston pick but I wouldn't reach. Just pick BPA with 2 first round picks on the line though we could be much improved especially if we use our top 10 pick next year on a RB

You don’t pick a right tackle at 8.

left handed QB

I'm with you, but if Tua blows up like Dan did; they're gonna need to build that defense asap.

I trust Grier and co. to find the golden ratio. Ideally, I would draft quality above needs in the first. If that's a quality guard and center, so be it.

First, they need to look at 2020 and 2021 drafts. Try their best to determine what each draft is top heavy in and factor that in accordingly.

They also might like the idea of drafting the types of positions that typically take a year to develop(DL, interior OL) and stay away from quick return positions like RB. This would temper the success in the short term, in order to maximize the 2021 return.
I think this is so important. Who knows what kind of picks we’ll have after next 2 years

Really depends on free agency. I'd love for the team to get two starting caliber offensive lineman in free agency, then at least 2-3 in the draft. Quarterback, pass rusher, corner and blindside protector should be the priority positions in the draft, depending on talent.

You have to swing for the fences on players that will draw fans back to the stadium. As much as oline is needed 2020 draft has to bring young players that fans want to go see win or lose. Drafting two tackles in the first round might fill needs but it wouldn't bring fans to the stadium. When was the last time Miami had a player on offense or defense that casual NFL fans outside of MIami had any intrest in watching? Fans didn't watch the Dolphins to see Suh or Wake. Nobody said there's 16 games to choose from, I'll watch MIami to see Tannehill. Swing for the qb and hit or miss there will be some interest in the Dolphins.

You have to swing for the fences on players that will draw fans back to the stadium. As much as oline is needed 2020 draft has to bring young players that fans want to go see win or lose. Drafting two tackles in the first round might fill needs but it wouldn't bring fans to the stadium. When was the last time Miami had a player on offense or defense that casual NFL fans outside of MIami had any intrest in watching? Fans didn't watch the Dolphins to see Suh or Wake. Nobody said there's 16 games to choose from, I'll watch MIami to see Tannehill. Swing for the qb and hit or miss there will be some interest in the Dolphins.

Winning football tends to bring the fans out. IF (if) we take 2 Tackles early, we will still have 2 and third round picks to add to Preston Williams and Albert Wilson. Perhaps a new RB?

This team isn't going to start winning in 2020 due to drafting two rookie tackles? At least I don't think it's that close. I could live with using the third 1st round pick on a tackle, although that's not my preference. I ust thin two tackle would be a waste of prime draft potential.

Our line has been improving despite injuries. J'Marcus Webb looked pretty decent in a Dolphin uniform and so did Prince on the other side. The guard play was also improved by Boehm and Dieter. What I'm saying is that before we invest any assets in o-line let's really evaluate what we have in house. We may have more keepers than we think and more depth pieces. Jesse Davis was extended and he'll probably get kicked back inside and Dieter looks like a starter for our future as well. Evan Boehm looks like he can play so the cupboard isn't completely bare.

We must get the QB with the #1 pick. After that it all depends who falls our way regarding our board. On D we desperate for a CB, a pass rusher and a Safety so some very early picks will likely go there. We need to replace Tunsil so some draft currency gets burned there. Most important thing is to not miss on super high picks, you've got to nail those.

1a) Chase Young---DE Ohio State
1b) Tristan Wirfs---OT Iowa (Steelers pick)
1c) Tyler Biadasz---C Wisconsin (Texans pick)---check this kid out---impressive

Run with Rosen. I think he can be good with a solid supporting cast.

BPA in Rounds 2 & 3, as we have holes everywhere. Would be nice to see CB2 along with a starting WR in R2.

Tall ask I know, but that is what makes mocks so much fun

This team isn't going to start winning in 2020 due to drafting two rookie tackles? At least I don't think it's that close. I could live with using the third 1st round pick on a tackle, although that's not my preference. I ust thin two tackle would be a waste of prime draft potential.

I've been around long enough to remember when we went Webb, Sims 1-2 and how well that worked.

As BSQ discussed... I think we'll be okay on the interior with what we have in house. Dieter looks like a keeper, as does Davis.
Kilgore is average and has a few years left, so if he's healthy, I'm willing to watch and see if Boehm or a third day pick can dislodge him in '21. If not... eh... he's average, cant fix everything at once.

It all comes together much better if Rosen works out... that let's us fix our biggest problem... pass rush.

1a) Chase Young---DE Ohio State
1b) Tristan Wirfs---OT Iowa (Steelers pick)
1c) Tyler Biadasz---C Wisconsin (Texans pick)---check this kid out---impressive

Run with Rosen. I think he can be good with a solid supporting cast.

BPA in Rounds 2 & 3, as we have holes everywhere. Would be nice to see CB2 along with a starting WR in R2.

Tall ask I know, but that is what makes mocks so much fun

I'd be quite happy with this... even though I'm not really convinced that Prince will ever manage pass blocking. I'd still rather take a RT than a C, but I'd rather do that than take WR or RB in the first.

I've been around long enough to remember when we went Webb, Sims 1-2 and how well that worked.

I’ve been around long enough to remember that when they drafted those two players, they already had an elite franchise QB on the roster. And some capable skill talent.

So totally different situation from this team.

This team needs a QB and skill talent first and foremost. It’s easier to find capable o-line talent via free agency and in lower rounds of the draft. Hell, they might have found 1 or 2 capable lineman outside the first two rounds this past draft.

Lane Johnson went 4th overall in 2013, Mike McGlinchey went 9th overall in 2018, and Jack Conklin went 8th overall in 2016.

I think you missed his point. The guy he responded to said LT with the PITT selection. If the Dolphins were to draft Tua, @TrinidadDolfan is making the point that RT becomes more important than LT in terms of protecting a blindside.

Back
Top Bottom