2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets?

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
Free Agency is still a way off and this list will change, but I thought it would be a good to get a discussion going on which Free Agents we should or could potentially target. I tried not to include anyone older than 30. I will say that this is far from a complete list, these would be you higher-rated FAs so they will cost a little more money (some a considerable amount of money).

Edge Players

Jedaveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Chris Jones
Arik Armstead
Dante Fowler
Shaq Barrett
Bud Dupree
Matthew Judon
Leonard Williams
Kyle Van Noy

RB

Derrick Henry
Melvin Gordon
Kenyan Drake

OL

Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin
Joe Thuney
DJ Humphries

CB

Byron Jones
James Bradbury
Logan Ryan (will be 29 at the start of the season)

Safeties

Justin Simmons
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Anthony Harris
Von Bell

I wouldn't go nuts, OL, edge and call it a day. Build through the draft. What's the status on Scherff, wasn't he on IR?

I wouldn't go nuts, OL, edge and call it a day. Build through the draft. What's the status on Scherff, wasn't he on IR?
Actually he is...a lot.

We have a ton of moeny, while you don't need to go crazy and buy a team, you should try to spend some of the money.

I would expect 2 linemen, 1 DB, and one edge guy.

Free Agency is still a way off and this list will change, but I thought it would be a good to get a discussion going on which Free Agents we should or could potentially target. I tried not to include anyone older than 30. I will say that this is far from a complete list, these would be you higher-rated FAs so they will cost a little more money (some a considerable amount of money).

Edge Players

Jedaveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Chris Jones
Arik Armstead
Dante Fowler
Shaq Barrett
Bud Dupree
Matthew Judon
Leonard Williams
Kyle Van Noy

RB

Derrick Henry
Melvin Gordon
Kenyan Drake

OL

Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin
Joe Thuney
DJ Humphries

CB

Byron Jones
James Bradbury

Safeties

Justin Simmons
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Anthony Harris
Von Bell

Don’t forget about Kareem Hunt, he will be relatively cheap.

Edge Players

Jedaveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Chris Jones
Arik Armstead
Dante Fowler
Shaq Barrett
Bud Dupree
Matthew Judon
Leonard Williams
Kyle Van Noy

RB

Derrick Henry
Melvin Gordon
Kenyan Drake

OL

Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin
Joe Thuney
DJ Humphries

CB

Byron Jones
James Bradbury

Safeties

Justin Simmons
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Anthony Harris
Von Bell
I think excluding players over 30 is a mistake, maybe not generally but in the specific case of the Fins. While I havent checked the actual average age for Miami, I would say they're a pretty young group already, and they figure to get even younger with the infusion of all those draft picks.

While everyone was aboard the rebuild, I think the goal is to start seeing results pretty much now, I think now they are starting to build to win. This is pure speculation on my part but I wouldnt be surprised to see Flores install a couple of "Ryan Fitzpatricks" here and there for mentoring/stability purposes. OLs and DLs can play well beyond their 30s and I wouldnt discount older possesion WRs as they'll need to add players there for those multiple WR sets Gailey likes to run.

I think excluding players over 30 is a mistake, maybe not generally but in the specific case of the Fins. While I havent checked the actual average age for Miami, I would say they're a pretty young group already, and they figure to get even younger with the infusion of all those draft picks.

While everyone was aboard the rebuild, I think the goal is to start seeing results pretty much now, I think now they are starting to build to win. This is pure speculation on my part but I wouldnt be surprised to see Flores install a couple of "Ryan Fitzpatricks" here and there for mentoring/stability purposes. OLs and DLs can play well beyond their 30s and I wouldnt discount older possesion WRs as they'll need to add players there for those multiple WR sets Gailey likes to run.

There are a couple of linemen I considered adding. The tackle from Indy (Constanzo) for example as a possible fit. I do think the team may look to sign a couple of older players if nothing else, having that vet presence in the locker room.

Justin Simmons and an OL or two would make me very happy

I cant see us signing any of the big name pass rushers just because of the sheer amount of money the top end guys will require

Rb... i wouldn’t mind a vet, but if we do, i could see us waiting to take a back in the draft until the third day maybe

There are a couple of linemen I considered adding. The tackle from Indy (Constanzo) for example as a possible fit. I do think the team may look to sign a couple of older players if nothing else, having that vet presence in the locker room.
Right, I dont see an older vet here or there as a huge issue. I like the thought of Costanzo, OL can be effective into their 30s. And if we get a solidified LT, we can draft a guy to develop and not need to thrust into the starting spot

I think there's value to be found with second-tier guys who have had injuries or haven't really lived up to their potential, given the great job the team have done coaching up the current roster, with an added sprinkling of grade A talent.

I'd be happy with any of these:

RB
Jordan Howard
Jonathan Williams

OL
Jack Conklin
Halapoulivaati Vaitai
Austin Peat
Quinton Spain

DL
Jadeveon Clowney
Matt Judon
Leonard Williams
Arik Armstead
Christian Covington
Maliek Collins

LB
Yannick Ngakoue (I guess he'd play 3-4 OLB for us?)
Nick Kwiatkoski

Secondary
Byron Jones
Mackensie Alexander
Kendall Fuller
Ronald Darby
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Justin Simmons

dont expect any player on the Titans to leave. Tennessee is looking up, with a new coach who could easily still be playing in the NFL (lol), and Tannehill. Dont expect Henry or Spain to want to leave the Titans. They are an upward trending team.

Back
Top Bottom