2020 HoF Game cancelled. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 HoF Game cancelled.

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The NFL has cancelled its annual Hall of Fame game due to the pandemic.
Over the past few weeks, the NFL has discussed the possibility of shortening the preseason this year due to the coronavirus pandemic, and although it's currently unknown how many games might be canceled, it appears one of them has already gotten the ax.

The NFL decided to cancel the Hall of Fame game between the Cowboys and Steelers, which was scheduled to be played on Aug. 6 in Canton, Ohio. Ohio governor Mike DeWine didn't sound optimistic about the game happening when he was asked about it last week. The league has also decided to postpone the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which was supposed to happen on Aug. 8 ...

Not a spectacular omen for the season

Well with the HOF Enshrinement being delayed, what would have been the point of the game really? It's always super sloppy because it's so early. The starters usually played one series at best? I think that when this covid junk is over, they start playing what is currently the third PS game there (though I think next year were supposed to have one less PS game to make up for 17 RS).

It's not a good omen for sure. But in terms of ranking omens this one is about as who cares as games get.

Well with the HOF Enshrinement being delayed, what would have been the point of the game really? It's always super sloppy because it's so early. The starters usually played one series at best? I think that when this covid junk is over, they start playing what is currently the third PS game there (though I think next year were supposed to have one less PS game to make up for 17 RS).

It's not a good omen for sure. But in terms of ranking omens this one is about as who cares as games get.
Problem is ... the “covid junk” ain’t gonna be over by the time the third PS game is here.

It’s a BAD omen.

Agreed. Unless there is a vaccine between now and the rest of the season, Tua is gonna have a whole other year to heal up.
Seeming highly possible.. not just Tua related, but every player really, I wonder how this will effect their contracts? Would the year count or not ?

I swear. Some of you act like you hope the season is cancelled.
It’s just a reaction to how people are acting in public these days. Seems like there are waaaaay too many morons pretending like nothing is going on, and choosing to ignore simple precautions. Those actions are going to have consequences for everyone. One of those consequences is going to include the continuation of no goddamn sports!!! Arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeming highly possible.. not just Tua related, but every player really, I wonder how this will effect their contracts? Would the year count or not ?
I am assuming the league would not include this year. Not sure if there is a legal amount of games that constitutes what a year is worth for this kind of situation.

If we were to lose the year it won't be terrible since we have one of the youngest rosters in the league. Most of the team other than Fitzpatrick and van boy is still under 30.

Now if you are new Orleans, Tampa or Pittsburgh. The lost year will detrimental since they lose a year with their already aging quarterbacks.

This leaves the draft in question which will not happen either. Unless the NCAA pushes their season back, some schools will not only lose players but may not be able to field a competitive team. So that second rounder who can improve his stock now loses millions because of the pandemic.

To play the season is going to do more harm than good until the country can provide an adequate response to the virus

I swear. Some of you act like you hope the season is cancelled.
Are you oblivious to the news, Loco? Eight NBA players tested positive the other day. I don't think there's going to be an NFL season. Push the start date out as late as possible and hope things are different, but I don't see anything changing to make me think the NFL season goes off.

I have a bad feeling about this upcoming season with covid. I wouldn’t be surprised if the season got cancelled. I work in a ICU in the Tampa area and we are seeing a surge in covid patients.

Are you oblivious to the news, Loco? Eight NBA players tested positive the other day. I don't think there's going to be an NFL season. Push the start date out as late as possible and hope things are different, but I don't see anything changing to make me think the NFL season goes off.
Not oblivious. Just blindly want football. NFL needs to figure it out. I can't be reasoned with on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom