2020 Miami Dolphins Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Miami Dolphins Mock Draft

Talking Mock Drafts there's mine called The Back to the Future Draft [remember they will all be in their prime]

Lets start by making the forum melt down as we trade back a few spots, picking up a extra 2nd rounder which we should be able to trade for another 1st in 2021.
R1 - 11 Bill Stanfill DE only made 5 pro bowls and lead the Fins in unofficial sacks with 69.5 including 18.5 in 73.
R1 - 19 Jon Giesler LT was 24 but Shula said he was his steadiest OL during the mid 80's.
R1 - 25 Dan Marino QB bit of a reach as we took him at 27 but apparently he could toss the pigskin around some.
R2 - 36 Dwight Stephenson C could trade back a little a still get him he was pick 48, Shula and Marino loved him so that's good enough for me.
R2 - 61 Mercury Morris RB was 63 but 1,000 yds and win a SB yes I could live with that
R3 - 69 Jason Taylor DE was 73 but made HOF so might make the squad
R5 - 147 Ed Newman G was 156 but 12 seasons and hardly missed a game plus 3 time all pro useful resume for a R5 pick.
R5 - 148 Zach Thomas LB was 154 but that should put a brick wall in the middle of the oppositions running game.
R6 - 164 Reshad Jones S was 163 but might slip.
R6 - 175 Devon Godchaux DT I see nothing wrong with confusing the OL by having 2 of him in their face.
R7 - 218 Mark Clayton WR was 223 but might give Parker some competition, certainly leave Grant and Wilson in the dust

not certain on the compo picks so not included

Talking Mock Drafts there's mine called The Back to the Future Draft [remember they will all be in their prime]

Lets start by making the forum melt down as we trade back a few spots, picking up a extra 2nd rounder which we should be able to trade for another 1st in 2021.
R1 - 11 Bill Stanfill DE only made 5 pro bowls and lead the Fins in unofficial sacks with 69.5 including 18.5 in 73.
R1 - 19 Jon Giesler LT was 24 but Shula said he was his steadiest OL during the mid 80's.
R1 - 25 Dan Marino QB bit of a reach as we took him at 27 but apparently he could toss the pigskin around some.
R2 - 36 Dwight Stephenson C could trade back a little a still get him he was pick 48, Shula and Marino loved him so that's good enough for me.
R2 - 61 Mercury Morris RB was 63 but 1,000 yds and win a SB yes I could live with that
R3 - 69 Jason Taylor DE was 73 but made HOF so might make the squad
R5 - 147 Ed Newman G was 156 but 12 seasons and hardly missed a game plus 3 time all pro useful resume for a R5 pick.
R5 - 148 Zach Thomas LB was 154 but that should put a brick wall in the middle of the oppositions running game.
R6 - 164 Reshad Jones S was 163 but might slip.
R6 - 175 Devon Godchaux DT I see nothing wrong with confusing the OL by having 2 of him in their face.
R7 - 218 Mark Clayton WR was 223 but might give Parker some competition, certainly leave Grant and Wilson in the dust

not certain on the compo picks so not included
Not a bad draft and a nice post.

I have to agree with you. If this mock is based off having addressed the pass rush in free agency, then I'm good with this mock. But, if they do not address the pass rush in FA, then pass rush needs to be addressed EARLY in the draft.
There are two issues with FA edge players, IMO.

The first is that even average players command top $, and there aren't that many likely to be available.

The second, which is more Dolphins specific, is that with the "multiples" philosophy of our defense, to be an every down player, the individual has to be more than just a 4-3 pass rushing phenom. He has to also set the edge, and cover as required. I'm not saying you can't find that player in FA, but I think it might be more advantageous to draft one, and coach him up, rather than dealing with a primadonna.

Welcome! MERRY Christmas and yes it looks pretty good to me....

Although I have a feeling the dolphins were never really interested in Tua and have there eyes set on another developmental QB later in the draft.

I have no idea who that is just an assumption from the way they played to win and are following the Patties history of drafting....
I am speechless - we tanked for a QB we need to develop?
We traded a healthy Thill who has a history of beating the Pats - for a developmental QB

I stand amazed

I am speechless - we tanked for a QB we need to develop?
We traded a healthy Thill who has a history of beating the Pats - for a developmental QB

I stand amazed

I agree! I would rather take Tua and have him sit behind Rosen next year and get healthy but I dont think Grier and Flo feel the same....

Hopefully Tua falls to our 2nd or 3rd first round pick and we get him!

Hello my name is Danny age 26 of Germany.

This is mock what you guyd think.

Merry Christmas

Nicely done! I would be absolutely thrilled with that draft! Welcome to the forum!

Chase young is a monster on pass down.. trying see how good. He plays again run... future is bright for him..

Back
Top Bottom