2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

How about that time he replaced an injured Tua in the playoffs and led Bama to an epic comeback win? I guess that does not count.

AJ Dillon seems to have done well at the combine. My favorite RB in 2020 draft. Flores played at Boston College, so hopefully Dillon is on Miami's radar in that 3rd - 4th round area?

A 3rd for a guy who you may have to "streamline" the playcalling is a lot. Baltimore should be the only team that takes a flier in him that high. And that's only because they have an offense he can and has succeeded in.

I did speak of my want for fat uglies.

Everyone is looking for the next...(insert name). Thing is, those names are not the norm.

There are times, where you want him to hammer it in there and he is trying to cut, spin...I think he is a very good back, just wish he played more like the 245 lb freak he is.

He should have success in the NFL, he has better balance then a lot of RBs playing now...that size and speed...he has a place.

I agree htere were times I would feel like saying I would trade one of those runs where he bounces it outside or makes amove and breaks a 20+ yard run for two 5 yard runs where he just steamrolled the linebacker or db. But remember Derrick Henry had that same issue at times coming out of Alabama. He's learned to mix using his size and agility just as Leveon Bell once did.

If Miami addresses the line.... and then drafts a big powerful back like Dillon they will have a lot of success and get a lot of mileage out of the running game. Whoever the QB of the future is... We can go a long way with a great defense... a clock chewing chain moving running game and a real head coach.

I get the feeling come draft day there's going to be a of people saying "That's not the player I wanted at that spot, but he's not a bad player!" And likely saying it more than once. It seems like Miami's going to be loaded with picks in a draft with decent depth at multiple positions. For example they might not have to draft a tackle in round 1or 2. They might easily get by with signing Conklin in free agency and then drafting a tackle in th mid rounds to battle and hopefully beatout Davenport, who is still just 23 years old and has room for improvement. Draft a midround guard like Metane Muti to battle Deiter and kick Jessie Davis back inside and you could have a servicable oline.

I would love to leave this offseson feeling the offense should be set for the next 4 or 5 years and should only need a few add ons hear and there on that side of the line of scrimmage going forward. That way they could focus on the defense in free agency this year and the draft in 2021 and 2022.

According to LZ, Cleveland suffered a turf-toe injury in Week 2 of 2019. I haven't focused on him yet, but he gets solid grades by the people I respect, and that kind of athleticism matters at OT. According to Dane Brugler, he doesn't turn 22 until May. If Miami misses out on the top group (seems likely), Cleveland should be near the top of Tier 2 based on his overall profile.

Going to watch him this weekend to see where I think he fits, but Miami would probably have to use 26 on him.

For the RB's, the most notable performance was Zach Moss running a 4.7 40. Was never a big fan, but I'm always open to being wrong, and he proved me right. Said he tweaked something and will look to run a better time at his Pro Day, but that'd be incredibly stupid if true, and he looks slow on tape.

I expected Taylor and Dillon to perform well, so I'm not going to double-count. Taylor definitely goes Top 40, and I can't get with that, and Dillon probably goes before pick 75, which is better but still a little rich.

If Dillon or Akers is there in the 3rd, that looks like the spot to pull the trigger on RB.

Id take Dillon in the first. He’s a workhorse, 250, agile, ran 4.5 and does not fumble. Just what we have been lookin for.

I love Jalen Hurts, he is a top 10 pick for me BUT FOR the 6-1 height. That makes him a scratch.

For the RB's, the most notable performance was Zach Moss running a 4.7 40. Was never a big fan, but I'm always open to being wrong, and he proved me right. Said he tweaked something and will look to run a better time at his Pro Day, but that'd be incredibly stupid if true, and he looks slow on tape.

I expected Taylor and Dillon to perform well, so I'm not going to double-count. Taylor definitely goes Top 40, and I can't get with that, and Dillon probably goes before pick 75, which is better but still a little rich.

If Dillon or Akers is there in the 3rd, that looks like the spot to pull the trigger on RB.
After last night I can't see Akers lasting till the 3rd round. I think him and Taylor were the big winners last night. Swift I knew would do well and Dillon with that time helped himself. Dobbins imo did NOT hurt himself. He's the 1st or 2nd back off the board imo. Hoping one of these RB's falls to us at 70 is very dangerous. If we want one of them I think we'll have to do it in the 2nd round. That's just my not so expert opinion....lol

Back
Top Bottom