2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

As I said, every other top DE has ran to show they have the speed and explosive numbers. I get why he did it, I explained that in the next sentence, but it sort of why I don't think he is on the same level as the Bosas, Garrett, or even Allen last year.

It's funny you say that because I come away with a similar vibe. I think Young is more on the Josh Allen level (not a popular opinion I know) and that means he still is a really good prospect, just not a generational talent some are making him out to be.

To me Nick Bosa was a much more complete pass rusher, definitely better against the run.

People actually comparing Bosa's situation to Young's...

Young actually played a season. He has tape in his last season. What did Bosa do for his last season, but prepare for the NFL Combine.

Bosa quit on Ohio State...yet it seems he is the measure that Young will be held up against.

People actually comparing Bosa's situation to Young's...

Young actually played a season. He has tape in his last season. What did Bosa do for his last season, but prepare for the NFL Combine.

Bosa quit on Ohio State...yet it seems he is the measure that Young will be held up against.

I'm not excusing him at all...I didn't bring up Bosa except to compare them as players and Bosa, both of them, were better prospects. I think Josh Allen last year is as good of a prospect, Myles Garrett is a better prospect.

I simply thought it was odd that he was the first DE in a good number of years who didn't run. DE's and seeing those explosive numbers are valuable. I get why he didn't run, I've already pointed out that there were a lot of issues with how the combine was run this year. So to prevent an injury, I get it.

I don't care about players shutting it down in college...coaches leave all the time for "better jobs"...players can't do the same thing?

Couldn’t Bosa have returned to OSU in December? He had surgery I think mid Sept.. business decision.

I think Bosa would have come back if not for the Purdue loss. There’s no point in playing a bowl game if it’s not the playoffs if you’re a lock top 5 pick.

Apparently Weaver didn't run the 40. I believe I cited his RAS earlier in this thread. So, we'll see how he runs at his Pro Day.

I think Bosa would have come back if not for the Purdue loss. There’s no point in playing a bowl game if it’s not the playoffs if you’re a lock top 5 pick.
I agree just thinking offhand examples of players thinking ahead.
They shut it down pretty early

If a guy is a top 5 lock, is there a point to participating in the NFL combine?

I'm not excusing him at all...I didn't bring up Bosa except to compare them as players and Bosa, both of them, were better prospects. I think Josh Allen last year is as good of a prospect, Myles Garrett is a better prospect.

I simply thought it was odd that he was the first DE in a good number of years who didn't run. DE's and seeing those explosive numbers are valuable. I get why he didn't run, I've already pointed out that there were a lot of issues with how the combine was run this year. So to prevent an injury, I get it.

I don't care about players shutting it down in college...coaches leave all the time for "better jobs"...players can't do the same thing?

I agree I don't have a problem with players shutting it down to preserve themselves - especially if they're injured and not playing for anything anyway.

However, what I do have a problem with is guys that shut it down but still going out on the field for the last few games playing and giving no effort. Only worried about not getting injured to preserve their perceived draft stock. I'm not going to mention any names.

If you're worried about your draft stock and don't want to play with your teammates anymore - then get the hell on and do what you need to do. Don't bring that crap on the field with you while the rest of your team is trying to win something.

I agree I don't have a problem with players shutting it down to preserve themselves - especially if they're injured and not playing for anything anyway.

However, what I do have a problem with is guys that shut it down but still going out on the field for the last few games playing and giving no effort. Only worried about not getting injured to preserve their perceived draft stock. I'm not going to mention any names.

If you're worried about your draft stock and don't want to play with your teammates anymore - then get the hell on and do what you need to do. Don't bring that crap on the field with you while the rest of your team is trying to win something.

Exactly right.

College players are exploited like pack mules... I have no issue with them at all shutting down to train get healthy for the combine...

For many NFL players the draft is the most important day of their life... So many players are out of the league after 3 or 4 years.... The Draft contract is the only one they will ever get... every position they rise up the draft board equates into Dollars and cents.

F00k college football and it's fans.... These kids have families to feed...

Unless they want to start paying college kids to play ball... I do not want to hear people crying when a player decides to start thinking about his future and the draft.

I believe the combine is fun for fans and makes the network $$$. If I was a top guy I wouldn't want to participate and just work my pro day. zero point unless your on the bubble

Back
Top Bottom