2020 NFL Draft: Here's how the Dolphins can ace the first round | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Draft: Here's how the Dolphins can ace the first round

Still worried they'll pass on Tua or Herbert in favor of Love. I won't feel good until draft day and I hear either Tua or Herbert's name called as the selection by the Miami Dolphins. Love is the QB equivalent of Dion Jordan. All that supposed "upside" but can't play a f****** lick! I hope this team's brass has learned by now to stay away from players like that. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

What trend? He is like any QB One unfortunate hit away from tragedy
Yet Tua is the one who felt jaded during his interview With the Phins brass and Herbert got to spend extra time With Mia throwing 65 yards from the goal line during his pro day???

Who is getting choked with smoke here???

Durability is a real issue...if you think NFL teams don’t consider it you are wrong.

History shows that injury prone college players continue that trend in the pros...this is not a myth , this is a calculated risk reality. Are there exceptions? Of course...but that is the gamble.

Some players rarely miss any time while others are constantly and repetitively injured and missing time. Sometimes it’s their style of play, that I believe is part of Tua’s issue.

Durability is a real issue...if you think NFL teams don’t consider it you are wrong.

History shows that injury prone college players continue that trend in the pros...this is not a myth , this is a calculated risk reality. Are there exceptions? Of course...but that is the gamble.

Some players rarely miss any time while others are constantly and repetitively injured and missing time. Sometimes it’s their style of play, that I believe is part of Tua’s issue.
That seems reasonable but is there any actual data to back that up? And I'm not talking about sprained ankles, everyone gets those. I mean do major injuries always predict future problems or is it truly a roll of the dice because we've seen plenty of players that have something big in college but then have a long productive NFL career

That seems reasonable but is there any actual data to back that up? And I'm not talking about sprained ankles, everyone gets those. I mean do major injuries always predict future problems or is it truly a roll of the dice because we've seen plenty of players that have something big in college but then have a long productive NFL career

I heard Todd McShay talking about it in detail on his podcast with Kiper... He claims that it is a generality that’s has a high percentage of holding up.

I know I'm in the minority here but the way the NFL game is trending, I view the center position more important than tackle.
Don't get me wrong, I want to see 2 OTs called this year. However, I believe we should be drafting our center the same year as our QB and let them develop together from the beginning.

Here is an article on the subject... they believe DNA or genetics explain why some players are more injury prone than others.....

I know I'm in the minority here but the way the NFL game is trending, I view the center position more important than tackle.
Don't get me wrong, I want to see 2 OTs called this year. However, I believe we should be drafting our center the same year as our QB and let them develop together from the beginning.
I think it depends what scheme the offense uses, as to what traits you want in a center.

Is it zone, or man blocking? Do you require the center to do a lot of "pulling"?

I think it depends what scheme the offense uses, as to what traits you want in a center.

Is it zone, or man blocking? Do you require the center to do a lot of "pulling"?
I feel offenses that pull thier center have a better running game. Now thats pure conjecture with no stastical evidence.

I don’t want to be chasing the scoreboard with Andrew Thomas and Jesse Davis at tackle.

That’s where I think you might get yourself in trouble with Thomas the athlete and Davis lack of foot speed vs speed off the edge.

If becton gets to 18 I think you have to turn in that card too. He’s raw in some regards with pass sets but I think he’s a left tackle. I might even consider trading up for him in the teens. He’s just too talented to let out of the top 20
Dude is a beast! I wouldn't mind that pick at 18 at all...

Back
Top Bottom