2020 NFL Draft Review in January. Who were you right & wrong about? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Draft Review in January. Who were you right & wrong about?

Player A:

584 yards on 142 attempts, 4.1 Y/A. 3 touchdowns

388 yards on 41 receptions, 2 touchdowns

Player B:

803 yards on 181 attempts, 4.4 Y/A. 4 touchdowns

297 yards on 36 receptions, 1 touchdown

-

Player A is Myles Gaskins, Player B is CEH.

CEH did it in 13 games, Gaskins did it in 10

So that comes to

CEH: 1,100 yards on 217 touches, 5 touchdowns. 5.06 Yards per Touch

Gaskins: 972 yards on 183 touches. 5 touchdowns. 5.3 Yards per Touch

one costs a first round pick

I too thought Cam would be much better than what he was in NE. Happily he sucked.

I didn't think Herbert would be as good as he was. Still, I am very happy to have TT as our qb.

I am not surprised that DVP was injured for nearly half the season.

I was right about Raekwon Davis. I had him locked in as my #56 pick in every single mock draft that I did. Some believed he should go later in the draft but I knew the talent drop off was huge and he was the last good one in that range. I thought it was critical to get a DT to pair with Wilkins for the future and I loved everything I read and saw from this guy.

I was wrong about Austin Jackson. I wanted to see us sacrifice a pick to trade up for the last remaining of the Big 4 OL prospects. I loved the kids personality and story but I was just really skeptical about him being raw. If we take Sewell I will love this pick more and more...we could really have our O-Line set for a DECADE if we double down on it this year.

The jury is still out on Tua. I went on record supporting Burrow over Tua if we could make the trade happen. I was skeptical about his injury - specifically the possibility of arthritis in his hip developing at any time. I have arthritis in my left ankle at 34 years old and I can tell you that its just debilitating at times and other times its perfect...you can't expect to be consistent if you build around that. I've seen his flashes of greatness that he was pre-injury, but I've also felt that he lacks the strength and confidence he used to. I'm hoping that its just rookie mental hurdles and the lack of throws deep was a play calling choice and not indicative of what he could do physically...time will tell. I'll be his #1 fan until the end.

Last edited:
ISAIAH SIMMONS
I was VERY high on Simmons. He was okay this year. Really rough at first. Yes, PFF placed him on their All-Rookie Team, but he did not have the initial impact I expected. Time will tell. Learning a lot of spots in Arizona D just like Clemson.

TRISTAN WIRFS
He was my top OL and I really wanted him for Tua. He has been strong for Tampa. PFF All Rookie Team.

CEEDEE LAMB
He was my #1 WR. Shocked he fell to 17. Was crossing those fingers he made it one more pick. He absolutely tore it up. But so did Jefferson. Jeudy no slouch either.

ZACH BAUN
Wisconsin LB taken in 3rd round. I thought he would be a pretty good 2 down LB that wasn't getting enough looks. Hasn't done much for Saints I don't think.

LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
Was shocked he fell to 3rd round. Thought Denver got an absolute steal. From what I've heard, he was bad to okay for them. Some mocks even have Denver taking another Center this year higher.

SOLOMON KINDLEY
Was a big fan of his pick in the 4th. Thought he was gonna be a steal for us. Still optimistic about him. Has done well.

QB Haskins I thought looked fat at the combine. Reminded me of JaMarcus Russell.

I was right about Hunt (he is a beast), Davis (Dominant), and Jones (Smart and hard hitting).

I was wrong wrong about Perry (Thought he would take the slot position early), Kindley (Thought he would take time to start), and Weaver (Boy, was I wrong about Weaver).

On the Dolphins I was wrong about Raekwon Davis and Jordan Howard. I thought Davis would be a bust and I thought Howard would be a consistent if unspectacular positive yardage gainer to keep our offense on schedule. I was right about Ogbah. I had him as our best FA signing and a perfect fit. I thought he would set the edge well and provide pretty good QB pressure.

League-wide I was wrong on CEH. I thought he'd be a monster in that offense. I was right on Jonathan Taylor even though it took a while for the Colts to start using him. I was also right on Jefferson. I expected him to be Minnesota's best WR by the end of the year.

The jury's still out on 99.9% of the players that were drafted in the last draft.

Player A:

584 yards on 142 attempts, 4.1 Y/A. 3 touchdowns

388 yards on 41 receptions, 2 touchdowns

Player B:

803 yards on 181 attempts, 4.4 Y/A. 4 touchdowns

297 yards on 36 receptions, 1 touchdown

-

Player A is Myles Gaskins, Player B is CEH.

CEH did it in 13 games, Gaskins did it in 10

It’s Myles Gaskin. There’s no ‘s’ at the end.

C’mon fellow Dolphins fans, KNOW your team ;) lol

Too early, but I liked Jefferson and Aiyuk way more than Ruggs. I was extremely high on Jefferson.

I was wrong about Herbert. Thought he had potential, but definitely didn't see him doing what he did as a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom