2020 NFL Mock Draft: Joe Burrow goes No. 1 overall, Bucs replace Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones gets a weapon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Mock Draft: Joe Burrow goes No. 1 overall, Bucs replace Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones gets a weapon

Burrow will probably go to the senior bowl and possibly even be coached by our staff. That’s a big advantage. I doubt he overtakes Tua but it could close the gap a little in the eyes of the organization.
I know a lot of fans speculate that the rebuild (or tanking) was with Tua in mind. That could be, but I think Miami liked the quarterback class in general and I don't think the plan was as much about tanking as being "bad enough" to draft top five. If that's the case, then maybe it was Tua and Herbert before Burrow emerged. Obviously just a guess, but I don't know if you go into the season hoping to get one specific player. Too many variables there.

I’d like to know if people think this qb class is better than the 2018 class in terms of prospect pure grades.

but I’d like to know it not from how a guys played as a pro in 2019 but a pure head to head prospect aspect.

cause last year I loved the 2018 class off what I saw on game tape but this year I’d have to say that class has really shown some warts.

so purely from a college eval stand point where does this class rate relative to 2018 hell any recent others even.
It's a good point, Hoops. Clearly, Darnold has regressed under Gase. If NY makes a change, I have to think another head coach will like his upside, though. Mayfield has also regressed after a very promising rookie year. Clearly Murray looks better than both of these guys. Allen, on Buffalo, has taken positive steps but not enough to convince me he's ever going to be top 10.

Another question for the board. Say Miami ends up with Tua. How difficult of a transition is it when a lefty quarterback is hurt and your backup is right handed? I know the NFL hasn't had a lot of successful southpaw quarterbacks. Steve Young, Ken Stabler, Boomer Esiason are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Another question for the board. Say Miami ends up with Tua. How difficult of a transition is it when a lefty quarterback is hurt and your backup is right handed? I know the NFL hasn't had a lot of successful southpaw quarterbacks. Steve Young, Ken Stabler, Boomer Esiason are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
There haven't been a lot of lefty starters in the NFL...

Oh...you forgot Jim Zorn.

Darnold looks worried about contact. I don’t know if it’s the spleen or what but he’s bailing out on tbrows and doing a lot of “just get it out of my hand”

I know a lot of fans speculate that the rebuild (or tanking) was with Tua in mind. That could be, but I think Miami liked the quarterback class in general and I don't think the plan was as much about tanking as being "bad enough" to draft top five. If that's the case, then maybe it was Tua and Herbert before Burrow emerged. Obviously just a guess, but I don't know if you go into the season hoping to get one specific player. Too many variables there.
I think it's always been between tua and Herbert. Don't see burrow being considered in miami.

First line of the article: Joe Burrow has been the best quarterback in college football this season, and we need to start talking about him potentially going No. 1 overall. For real.

But still insisting on Herbert or tua lmfao, denial at its finest.

First line of the article: Joe Burrow has been the best quarterback in college football this season, and we need to start talking about him potentially going No. 1 overall. For real.

But still insisting on Herbert or tua lmfao, denial at its finest.
Ah. I didn't understand all your laughing emojis at first. Now I get it your a burrow boy. Cool. I guess...

It's a good point, Hoops. Clearly, Darnold has regressed under Gase. If NY makes a change, I have to think another head coach will like his upside, though. Mayfield has also regressed after a very promising rookie year. Clearly Murray looks better than both of these guys. Allen, on Buffalo, has taken positive steps but not enough to convince me he's ever going to be top 10.

Pretty much whole 2018 qb class has underperformed in 2019.

minus Lamar Jackson. If you believe that style offense travels

With how seriously we're taking whether we draft first overall or not, I'd just like to point out that the first QB off the board has most often not been the best throughout history :shrug:

I'm intrigued by Awsi's suggestion to simply draft a bunch of QBs. Maybe that's the way to go. Although I don't think you can give even two an equally good opportunity to develop, that would be the drawback.

With how seriously we're taking whether we draft first overall or not, I'd just like to point out that the first QB off the board has most often not been the best throughout history :shrug:

I'm intrigued by Awsi's suggestion to simply draft a bunch of QBs. Maybe that's the way to go. Although I don't think you can give even two an equally good opportunity to develop, that would be the drawback.
Can’t always think that way about the first overall. For every Mayfield and Bradford, there’s also the Manning, Elway, and Aikmans of the draft.

Can’t always think that way about the first overall. For every Mayfield and Bradford, there’s also the Manning, Elway, and Aikmans of the draft.

I wouldn’t put Elway or Aikman in the same category as Manning. Elway and Aikman both benefitted from having great teams.

I wouldn’t put Elway or Aikman in the same category as Manning. Elway and Aikman both benefitted from having great teams.
What the what? Elway was a great QB back in the day who won 2 Super Bowls and was an MVP in one of them with the Broncos. Aikman was a great qb too the guy won 3 Super Bowls and was MVP in one of them as well. That narrative of them being on great teams is so over used it’s not even funny.

Namath and Bradshaw were 1st overall QBs as well who did well back in the day with their respective teams as well to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom