2020 NFL Mock Draft: Joe Burrow goes No. 1 overall, Bucs replace Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones gets a weapon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Mock Draft: Joe Burrow goes No. 1 overall, Bucs replace Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones gets a weapon

I've been arguing since day 1 that "Tank for Tua" was stupid, and that those who were putting all of their hopes into a single basket were deluded.

There are a bunch of solid QB prospects in next year's draft, so much so that some very talented guys will fall into the second (or even third) rounds. Getting sold on a single guy when there is a deep pool is not a way to martial your draft resources.

I've also allowed that "maybe Tua will be the best", but to swear to that, and then throw tantrums whenever someone disagrees is the mark of a ….shudder... jets fan.

Can’t always think that way about the first overall. For every Mayfield and Bradford, there’s also the Manning, Elway, and Aikmans of the draft.

I'm not talking about the first overall, but about the first QB off. And I'm not saying the first QB off is never good, just not usually the best in the class. Among the ones you mentioned, Elway wasn't the best of his class and Namath wasn't the first QB off (it was Craig Morton). Sometimes the first QB off is the best, but not most of the time.

First line of the article: Joe Burrow has been the best quarterback in college football this season, and we need to start talking about him potentially going No. 1 overall. For real.

But still insisting on Herbert or tua lmfao, denial at its finest.

Tua has been the best quarterback in college football this season and last season while Burrow was stinking up the joint.

Talk about denial :lol:

With how seriously we're taking whether we draft first overall or not, I'd just like to point out that the first QB off the board has most often not been the best throughout history :shrug:

I'm intrigued by Awsi's suggestion to simply draft a bunch of QBs. Maybe that's the way to go. Although I don't think you can give even two an equally good opportunity to develop, that would be the drawback.
Our future successes do not hinge on others previous failures.

Our future successes do not hinge on others previous failures.
Well, no, but the point is that scouting QBs is hard. It's like when they enter the NFL some QBs take a quantum leap and some don't. And it seems impossible to tell which will and which won't. That means we can succeed (or fail) whether we have the first overall or not, with or without Grier.

Meanwhile, when we win we are building a foundation that doesn't depend on a single magic bullet. I like that better, although the first overall is a nice consolation prize.

What the what? Elway was a great QB back in the day who won 2 Super Bowls and was an MVP in one of them with the Broncos. Aikman was a great qb too the guy won 3 Super Bowls and was MVP in one of them as well. That narrative of them being on great teams is so over used it’s not even funny.

Namath and Bradshaw were 1st overall QBs as well who did well back in the day with their respective teams as well to say the least.

Who was Elway’s RB when he won the SBs? Who was Aikman’s RB when he won? What about their defenses and Olines? That’s right!

Back
Top Bottom