2020 Offensive Line Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Offensive Line Rankings

I like that you're so high on Thomas. Feels like the the general consensus is way too low on him. I think you can make a solid case for Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs as OT1, and Thomas and Wills were clearly the best OT's in college (of the 202p class).

I also like Jackson over Jones. Will bet on the younger, more athletic guy, who was coming off bone-marrow surgery in 2019. I still like Jones pretty well, I think Jackson has the better career.

Best group of OT's that I've seen.

I'm a little higher on Cleveland, Wilson, and Peart.

Driscoll is one of the last OL I need to catch up on.

I like Driscoll. He made a major jump in comp from UMASS to Auburn and played well, especially in pass pro. He stalemates guys often. He doesn't get much movement in the run game though but in today's passing and space game, i'm fine with that. Leave that up to the interior guys. I also like Bartch. If he doesn't work out at OT, i think he could kick inside. Cleveland moves incredible well but i need more tape....i have to see how he holds up against power.

Overall i like Jackson better than Jones, especially at LT. But at RT, Jones can really do some damage in the run game.

Wilson scares me a bit. He's freakishly long but his footwork can get him into trouble.

What is the issue with Saahdiq Charles?

When I watch him on film...he belongs in the top tier of tackles.

Is it just the off field stuff?

The off field stuff would be incredibly concerning to me. I've seen comment about always being in trouble and incredibly immature. To be suspended for 6 games takes something significant.

As for the player.....i like him. He's very athletic and moves well. I've seen him lose balance at times because he gets narrow and gives up his outside shoulder but he has a lot to work with.

I like that you're so high on Thomas. Feels like the the general consensus is way too low on him. I think you can make a solid case for Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs as OT1, and Thomas and Wills were clearly the best OT's in college (of the 202p class).

I also like Jackson over Jones. Will bet on the younger, more athletic guy, who was coming off bone-marrow surgery in 2019. I still like Jones pretty well, I think Jackson has the better career.

Best group of OT's that I've seen.

I'm a little higher on Cleveland, Wilson, and Peart.

Driscoll is one of the last OL I need to catch up on.

That's a really good right tackle. I'd say he reminds me of Mitchell Schwartz but Driscoll has a "B button" that Mitchell never had, in terms of being able to reach for that extra reserve of athleticism in a pinch. He plays with balance, strong punch, strong hands, good shoulders, good kick, controlled anchor like Mitchell Schwartz does. I don't know that Driscoll is going to be flashy with sexy pancakes in the run game but he gets the job done and is athletic. He just knows his business so well, a true pro.

I don't know why Thomas has slipped. Whatever it is, I would ignore it.

I prefer Wirfs over Becton, who might be great but I'd get scared of some turnstile tendencies and greater potential to bust. I can't see Wirfs as anything less than very good.

Absolutely the USC kid above Josh Jones. I don't want to draft Josh Jones. It would seem like a litmus test that this regime is going to follow the previous one in drafting the late blooming 3-star kids and then wondering why everything is stalled.

I prefer Wirfs over Becton, who might be great but I'd get scared of some turnstile tendencies and greater potential to bust. I can't see Wirfs as anything less than very good.

Absolutely the USC kid above Josh Jones. I don't want to draft Josh Jones. It would seem like a litmus test that this regime is going to follow the previous one in drafting the late blooming 3-star kids and then wondering why everything is stalled.

Some Greg Robinson vibes with Becton. Robinson was a great learning experience for me, and I do think Becton will be better. I believe he's working with Duke Manyweather, so that's encouraging, but I agree that he carries more risk than the Top 3, and at OL, I'd rather have a guy I'm 90% sure will be good than a guy who could be great but has a higher chance to bust. I like the ceilings for the Top 3 anyway.

Finally got to Driscoll, and he's good, but he does get beat inside on occasion, and he's a little clumsy - much clumsier in space than his athleticism would indicate. Vs LSU and Alabama, I don't think I ever saw him make solid contact at the 2nd level. But, overall, I think he projects as a capable starter, and I'll probably slot him in the 41-75 range. If Wilson and Peart are off the board at 56, and assuming Miami still needs a RT, I would be ok drafting Driscoll there.

Wirfs, at worst, seems like a really good guard, at best an all-pro tackle. He looks like he could kick inside and be slightly better...may never happen, but Guard seems like his ideal position.

Jackson is a guy you are looking at what he can be two years from now. He is super young, (I think only 20 still) and needs a little seasoning, but that ceiling is super high. Jackson, you are going with upside and he has a ton of it.

For all the reasons I was uncomfortable with Greg Robinson, that's why I'm also a little uncomfortable with Mekhi Becton.

But with Robinson this was a player everyone was saying was a top 3 pick. That was what I took issue with, back then. With Mekhi Becton, if he's there at 18 overall, I don't see an issue.

I just can't see putting Austin Jackson above Josh Jones. That's just not reflective at all of what's on tape.

I think I prefer Jones to Jackson as well, but I would be happy with either at 26. But if jackson has more upside that could swing it to him since Miami should be thinking long term anyway.

18 is a little to rich for me but they may have no choice of the Draft falls that way.

Rule of thumb. The better player usually has the better upside.

I just can't see Josh Jones as anything but the better player relative to an Austin Jackson. I could show you snaps of Austin Jackson that are so bad they make your eyes bleed.

I just finished an in depth dig into wills last night. He’s tackle #1 for me. Technique is by far the most consistent and clean. Even if he is a right tackle at the next level. And you can see the test scores with the foot movement etc.

I didn’t see any of that upper half stiffness that I was concerned about prior.

Able to match feet and keep guys at bay with one arm at times. wills makes it look easiest.

Hi, thanks again for putting in the effort on these lists and thanks for answering my request for information on Harrison Hand during the CB list. I have two questions if you don't mind.

You have Robert Hunt as your 13th ranked tackle. Most sources I follow have him as a top 3 guard. My question is, do you see Hunt drafted as a guard and if so, does that make him a top 56 pick?
Regarding Matt Peart: Although extremely raw, I see Peart as having starter potential 2 years from now. Do you see Peart as a starter in the future, a career backup or a total bust?

Hi, thanks again for putting in the effort on these lists and thanks for answering my request for information on Harrison Hand during the CB list. I have two questions if you don't mind.

You have Robert Hunt as your 13th ranked tackle. Most sources I follow have him as a top 3 guard. My question is, do you see Hunt drafted as a guard and if so, does that make him a top 56 pick?
Regarding Matt Peart: Although extremely raw, I see Peart as having starter potential 2 years from now. Do you see Peart as a starter in the future, a career backup or a total bust?

If you're going to make me pick one of those with Peart, I'd lean somewhere between backup and bust. He looks completely lost out there to me. Just stands there and lets guys cross his face on twists and stunts. That part showed up in his 3-cone time in my opinion. A lot of people like him. A lot of people like Menelik Watson a few years back, but I didn't. It's just who Peart reminds me of.

When I studied Robert Hunt, I felt like he could probably start somewhere on any offensive line I was studying in the SEC every week, and he wasn't highly recruited at all. I think he has enough talent and just enough length to warrant a shot at right tackle before kicking him inside. He's familiar with both. Anything top 75 is too rich for me, he needs to clean up some technique issues in pass protection. I'd like to have him in the 4th round, but if anyone wanted to take him as early as the 50's I'd probably just let 'em have him.

Realizing the NEED- applying these evaluations to draft day- what’s the strategy:

Hold #18 for top 4 OT, if not pass OT to #26

Move up 2-6 spots for one of the 4 OTs

Take Best available OT #18

Back
Top Bottom