2020 Offensive Line Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Offensive Line Rankings

I tend to agree..
Beyond #5 and grabbing Tua, the key to this draft will be Grier‘s ability to maneuver the board.

He should view 10-70 as 2 Rd draft in which Miami picks basically every 10-15 picks.
Moving up from #18 for the OT..

Moving down from #26 for the FS & RB.

Of course, there are some outliers for me- Ruiz, Chaisson, Lamb, Jeudy, Delpit - insert your own favorites - who will affect the overall strategy.

I could see a combo along the lines of Ezra Cleveland and Isaiah Wilson lining up with Miami at tackle. I’d love to see one of the “big four” OT’s falling to 18 for Miami, but it seems highly unlikely. One thing that might help is if Trent Williams gets dealt to one of the tackle-starving teams, thereby dropping the tackles down a notch.

I expect at least two O linemen picked by the time we are done with Day 2. The way Miami emphasized the defensive front seven in free agency, it suggests that we are going O line heavy in the draft.

just wanna say some really great posts in this thread!

kudos to all of you for such clear focus on the all important OL!

>>> truly appreciate your insights and info <<<

I could see a combo along the lines of Ezra Cleveland and Isaiah Wilson lining up with Miami at tackle. I’d love to see one of the “big four” OT’s falling to 18 for Miami, but it seems highly unlikely. One thing that might help is if Trent Williams gets dealt to one of the tackle-starving teams, thereby dropping the tackles down a notch.

I expect at least two O linemen picked by the time we are done with Day 2. The way Miami emphasized the defensive front seven in free agency, it suggests that we are going O line heavy in the draft.
Im hoping Miami is that “tackle starved team” which trades for Trent Williams. Give up 2021 picks.

If you're going to make me pick one of those with Peart, I'd lean somewhere between backup and bust. He looks completely lost out there to me. Just stands there and lets guys cross his face on twists and stunts. That part showed up in his 3-cone time in my opinion. A lot of people like him. A lot of people like Menelik Watson a few years back, but I didn't. It's just who Peart reminds me of.

When I studied Robert Hunt, I felt like he could probably start somewhere on any offensive line I was studying in the SEC every week, and he wasn't highly recruited at all. I think he has enough talent and just enough length to warrant a shot at right tackle before kicking him inside. He's familiar with both. Anything top 75 is too rich for me, he needs to clean up some technique issues in pass protection. I'd like to have him in the 4th round, but if anyone wanted to take him as early as the 50's I'd probably just let 'em have him.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Don't settle for good if you can give up a little to potentially have great.

Agreed. Teams that trade down frequently like New England and Seattle can afford the luxury because they've had great quarterbacks. It's a matter of surrounding those quarterbacks with enough good players. In a situation like the 49ers it's the opposite. They need as many great players as possible to overcome the absence of a great player at quarterback.

Right now the Dolphins are in the second category. Besides, we've already got enough picks. This is not about entertainment. It's like fans want multiple picks in every round so they don't have to wait more than 10 or 15 slots until the Dolphins are on the clock again.

I'd like to take aggressive swings within the top 40 every year and then mostly watch other teams trying to decipher the mush.

I'd like to know who everyone thinks are the best right guard prospects and where you think they will go.

I feel we will draft QB and LOT high. IMHO our next biggest needs are at safety (is Rowe in the plans and at FS or SS?), RB, and RG (assuming the FO feels Davis is adequate at ROT). Still would like a WR and slot CB.

Best right guard might be Damien Lewis but he’s like a poor mans Gabe Jackson.

left guard I think the best in class is bredeson. Think he will be a solid pro. underrated. Average athlete limits the ceiling but solid.

Tristan wirfs would be the best guard in the class if he’s drafted there.

Best right guard might be Damien Lewis but he’s like a poor mans Gabe Jackson.

left guard I think the best in class is bredeson. Think he will be a solid pro. underrated. Average athlete limits the ceiling but solid.

Tristan wirfs would be the best guard in the class if he’s drafted there.
Good to hear Bredeson- I’m a big fan.
Was slightly disappointed when they signed Flowers - Bredeson probably in that 75-100 range where we have huge gap.
Would give up 4th & 5th to move up 15 spots for him.

Bredeson is considered kind of a short area mauler type.

My understanding is that Gailey's offense is more zone blocking with OL with quicker feet.

I could be wrong on that, I am in no way an offensive line expert.

I really like Bredeson's teammate Cesar Ruiz.He could play OG and then take over at C for Karras, or just push Karras to RG.

Bredeson is considered kind of a short area mauler type.

My understanding is that Gailey's offense is more zone blocking with OL with quicker feet.

I could be wrong on that, I am in no way an offensive line expert.

I really like Bredeson's teammate Cesar Ruiz.He could play OG and then take over at C for Karras, or just push Karras to RG.
I would love to have them both.
Ruiz should be a #18/#26 target if they don’t move up from #18 for a top OT.

Yeah bredeson is short armed. Might have to make a move to the pivot.

Bredeson was one of the most consistent interior offensive lineman I watched all season, which I noted in the stickied offensive line thread earlier in the season.

However, those 31” arms are cause for concern. He may have to kick inside to center if he can snap.

Christian Barmore worked him over in the bowl game. Then again, Barmore is my #1 underclassman DT for 2021. Kid is a beast and was only a RS Freshman.

Realizing the NEED- applying these evaluations to draft day- what’s the strategy:

Hold #18 for top 4 OT, if not pass OT to #26

Move up 2-6 spots for one of the 4 OTs

Take Best available OT #18

I have been saying this for a while. Stand pat at #5 then move up from #18 possibly with San Fran to jump in front of Tampa to get one of those tackles. With Becton now failing a drug test we could see him fall but I am not as high (pun intended) on him as most. I like Willis, Thomas and Wirfs. There's a chance one of those may be there when San Fran is on the clock.

Back
Top Bottom