2020 Quarterback Rankings | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Quarterback Rankings

I thought Drew Lock had a lot more talent and upside considering where he was drafted. That's what didn't make sense to me. Why were guys like Eli Manuel and Christian Ponder and Paxton Lynch allowed such first round benefit of a doubt while a swagger guy like Drew Lock drops well into the second?

Doesn't mean it will pan out. The relative slotting is what I had trouble with. Based on the prior examples I thought someone would nibble earlier.

a 4-1 solid start for a rookie is certainly reason for positive hope...particularly when they started 3-8 before he played.

I’d be pretty stoked about him if I was a Bronco fan.

Congratulations - someone will throw you a party - the book is not out on your superhero after a full season of tape

Now back to your research - there is quantitative and qualitative research and you have done neither

The point is... I was very high on his game tape before that draft... and he did nothing to change that in leading the Bronco’s to a promising 4-1 finish to their season.

The Bronco’s believe they have their guy!

The point is... I was very high on his game tape before that draft... and he did nothing to change that in leading the Bronco’s to a promising 4-1 finish to their season.

The Bronco’s believe they have their guy!
You were and he is gonna be a good to average QB - I think we need a lot more than Christian Ponder 2 or Jake Locker

We need to own the AFCE for 10-12 years

If it were my job on the line, i'm going with Tua.

It doesn't matter who they pick, they need to get it right and not spend 7 seasons pretending they didn't get it wrong.

Congratulations - someone will throw you a party - the book is not out on your superhero after a full season of tape

Now back to your research - there is quantitative and qualitative research and you have done neither

That’s funny... because Burrow attempted almost twice as many passes in college as the great Tua...so what is your argument against Burrow? Who attempted many more passes in college than Tua?

Dude.. he went 4-1 as a rookie... did you miss that?

No, the TEAM was 4-1.

He played OK, he showed enough to warrant optimism, but he hardly showed enough to be called a Franchise QB.

No, the TEAM was 4-1.

He played OK, he showed enough to warrant optimism, but he hardly showed enough to be called a Franchise QB.

Right....3-8 when he wasn’t playing....4-1 when he played...playing the most important position in professional sports...and you think it was accident?

That’s funny... because Burrow attempted almost twice as many passes in college as the great Tua...so what is your argument against Burrow? Who attempted many more passes in college than Tua?
This is the beginning and your end to research on Lock you can’t even keep your players in the right lane. This reading stat lines is neither quantitative or qualitative research.
I will also assume Colt Brennan is also a Franchise QB in your books because he has two legs and one arm to throw a football?

Right....3-8 when he wasn’t playing....4-1 when he played...playing the most important position in professional sports...and you think it was accident?

I would give him more credit if his stats were not so ordinary.He did not carry them to that record.

BTW.....t.They went 3-2 in in a 5 game period in Oct and lost one of them by 2 pts. They pull that out and it is a 4-1 run. Are you making a big deal about those 5 games?

You are giving Lock too much credit for the team's finish.

I am not saying he did not show promise, they should feel good about him going forward. He looks like he might be a legit NFL starter.

But calling him a FRANCHISE QB is unsupportable.

If it were my job on the line, i'm going with Tua.

It doesn't matter who they pick, they need to get it right and not spend 7 seasons pretending they didn't get it wrong.
Assuming Burrow isn't available, Tua would be my choice as well. Not sure I'd give up too much to move up, but I think those are the two quarterbacks who have the best chance to be top 10 types in the NFL.

The biggest fear with Tua isn't ability, but that he might end up out of the league quickly like Andrew Luck.

Jordan Love is such a wild card. I don’t know if he’s going fifth or twenty-fifth. I don’t see much anticipation with his throws in that traditional, drop back and throw it way. But he can improvise and move around, change speeds and lofts as needed, and he can throw the deep ball with accuracy.

Let’s put it this way. Imagine you are a defensive coordinator and you’re nursing a five point lead with three minutes to go. I wouldn’t be happy having to deal with Love. Those guys who can improvise are killer.

Reactions: A1.
Back
Top Bottom