2020 Quarterback Rankings | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Quarterback Rankings

I just felt like taking a risk by putting Love above Herbert and Burrow. It’s not a big deal. The worst that could happen is some mentally handicapped dolphin fan brings it up every week because his idol Mayor Grier still can’t build a team capable of competing for anything other than coaching candidates with no experience.

Daniel Jones outside the top 100 was certainly a mistake. He should’ve been outside the top 200.

#ROLLETH
I haven't seen you admit this before and its kind of disappointing. Your right, some of us on here hold you to a really high standard. Did you do the same when you ranked Dillon Radunz over Sewell this past draft?

I haven't seen you admit this before and its kind of disappointing. Your right, some of us on here hold you to a really high standard. Did you do the same when you ranked Dillon Radunz over Sewell this past draft?

I’d say so considering Sewell didn’t even play in 2020. It’s not as if Sewell was a generational talent like Chris Samuels or Orlando Pace. I’ll continue to dismiss that argument as long as anybody wants to make it.

My fanbase holds me to a very high standard. Much higher than the standard they hold their own GM to. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

As long as they’re doing that, it keeps proving my point.

Although what I find interesting is the argument against Tua was always predicated on the notion he was surrounded by better talent. I think it’s pretty clear now that Joe Burrow and LSU actually had better talent. Just like I always said they did. Many times.

That was the best team in LSU history. Yet an injured Tua fresh off tightrope surgery and limping on one leg made it a game. Throwing for over 400 yards.

Whatever falsely perceived surrounding talent and schematic advantages some people think Tua had over Herbert and Burrow in college certainly disappeared once they all heard their names called on draft day.

Tua simply doesn’t have the physical abilities post injury to overcome all of that in his current disaster of a situation.

Them’s the facts.

Tua may not be quite good enough in the NFL - but he’s far from the only one. The dolphins organization has plenty in it that aren’t good enough. Tua and Flores are just the only ones that will be held accountable.

Do you think Tua can be a good QB in the NFL if it wasn't for the pathetic fins situation or does he not have it anymore period? You've posted a ton about Herbert not being as good (in the NFL) so I'd be surprised if you thought he was just done altogether.

I'm on the fence. I've seen some good but not sure if the bad is fixable. Was sure as hell hoping it was.

Do you think Tua can be a good QB in the NFL if it wasn't for the pathetic fins situation or does he not have it anymore period? You've posted a ton about Herbert not being as good (in the NFL) so I'd be surprised if you thought he was just done altogether.

I'm on the fence. I've seen some good but not sure if the bad is fixable. Was sure as hell hoping it was.

I don’t think Tua can be as good as I thought he could be. I think he’s lost a certain percentage of ability that he couldn’t afford to lose - due to catastrophic hip injury.

He got put in the worst situation a young quarterback could be put in. No doubt about it. That was an easy call.

But it’s still separate from what I’m seeing out of Tua at this point. He can be an average starting NFL quarterback, and that’s an unbelievable accomplishment considering where he was at in November of 2019. But he’s just not going to be as good as I thought he could be.

Herbert may be better than I thought he could be, but that doesn’t mean I was wrong about my concerns with him either. He just has the physical tools to overcome his flaws in order to put up quality numbers. But the flaws are still very real. He doesn’t win enough.

I don’t think Tua can be as good as I thought he could be. I think he’s lost a certain percentage of ability that he couldn’t afford to lose - due to catastrophic hip injury.

He got put in the worst situation a young quarterback could be put in. No doubt about it. That was an easy call.

But it’s still separate from what I’m seeing out of Tua at this point. He can be an average starting NFL quarterback, and that’s an unbelievable accomplishment considering where he was at in November of 2019. But he’s just not going to be as good as I thought he could be.

Herbert may be better than I thought he could be, but that doesn’t mean I was wrong about my concerns with him either. He just has the physical tools to overcome his flaws in order to put up quality numbers. But the flaws are still very real. He doesn’t win enough.

Back to Tua, at the risk of sounding like a homer, his poor finish just seemed so outside of his expected standard of play. I wonder if his mechanics and confidence were just shot.

Back to Tua, at the risk of sounding like a homer, his poor finish just seemed so outside of his expected standard of play. I wonder if his mechanics and confidence were just shot.
Last year I wrote that while observing Tua that I felt that he felt, that he was not ready to play, and had 0 confidence out there..I felt like he didn’t feel he deserved to be in there over Fitz..this was based on his pre and post game interviews and his body language on the field

In the same post I wrote that the sabotage was on from somewhere

Personally starting him that early over Fitz knowing what we knew from both players situations, was the biggest red flag ever.

Last year I wrote that while observing Tua that I felt that he felt, that he was not ready to play, and had 0 confidence out there..I felt like he didn’t feel he deserved to be in there over Fitz..this was based on his pre and post game interviews and his body language on the field

In the same post I wrote that the sabotage was on from somewhere

Personally starting him that early over Fitz knowing what we knew from both players situations, was the biggest red flag ever.

He was drafted #5 overall. We blew up the roster and practically tanked to get him. What are you talking about not ready to start? And sabotage?

He was drafted #5 overall. We blew up the roster and practically tanked to get him. What are you talking about not ready to start? And sabotage?
He wasn't ready to start, and there was no reason to start him while Fitz was in the drivers seat and leading the team, organizationally he should of been continuing his strength training, learning the playbook and watching Fitz until Fitz lost the teams direction of making the playoffs last year.

no football logic whatsoever should of told anyone considering all the variables that we knew about both players should of made those two moves, it was irresponsible, dumb and lacked a tremendous pulse of the team imo.

@Pachyderm_Wave do you believe there is any hope for Tua if the reports that his hip is close to the strength it was pre-injury are true?

Or do you feel that physical toll has been taken and it’s not coming back and is just a sunk cost at this point?

Tua has not been the same player in the NFL that he was in college- as anyone can see- but I wonder if the time to actually recover is possible to bring that guy back?

I’m torn, but hold out hope.

@Pachyderm_Wave do you believe there is any hope for Tua if the reports that his hip is close to the strength it was pre-injury are true?

Or do you feel that physical toll has been taken and it’s not coming back and is just a sunk cost at this point?

Tua has not been the same player in the NFL that he was in college- as anyone can see- but I wonder if the time to actually recover is possible to bring that guy back?

I’m torn, but hold out hope.

I believe there’s hope, there always was. There was never any doubt that his body was going to feel better and improve its performance 2 years removed from such a devastating injury.

The only thing I know for certain is that his body wasn’t ready when Miami initially put him on the field.

He knew it. And they knew it.

? ...football is about winning... you tap whatever you want too... I know Lock is a franchise QB.

3-8 before he started....4-1 with Lock starting!

Nuff said!
I remembered this argument about Lock but I could not recall where it was or who it was with.

Thanks for dredging this back up although I don't think Bluefin feels the same way......................:lol:

I remembered this argument about Lock but I could not recall where it was or who it was with.

Thanks for dredging this back up although I don't think Bluefin feels the same way......................:lol:

I’m not convinced yet that Denver has had good offensive coaching, I’ll be curious to see what happens in Seattle.

Denver has failed badly to develop QB’s, they finally threw in the towel and traded for an established one.

We’ve also had some poor offensive coaching here…it looks like that’s been corrected here!

It is weird to read through an old thread like this.

I barely remember making so many good points.......................:cigar

Back
Top Bottom