13. Jalen Hurts / Oklahoma / 6'1", 222

14. Steven Montez / Colorado / 6'4", 231

15. Khalil Tate / Arizona / 6'0", 217

16. Nate Stanley / Iowa / 6'4", 235

17. Kevin Davidson / Princeton / 6'4", 224

18. Shea Patterson / Michigan / 6'1", 212

19. Bryce Perkins / Virginia / 6'2", 210

20. Cole McDonald* / Hawaii / 6'3", 215

I can't put Love ahead of burrow, but his upside is intriguing.

I would take Love at 18 IF Tua does not happen.maybe even trade up a little if I have to, but i don't think I would take him at 5.

Herbert is going to be interesting to follow, he checks a lot of boxes but something looks to be missing with him.

I respect Ted as he knows more about football that I ever will but Burrow at 3. I just don’t like Love but time will tell the tale. A healthy Tua? No doubt.
Burrow
Tua
Herbert
Love

All that being said I want to roll the dice on Tua. Been on that train since jump.

Ted has every right to post his rankings. I for one appreciate all the work he puts into creating the ranking lists.
I agree with him in Morgan being number five. The Phins brought him to Davie for a look see, and apparently were very impressed with him.

I have every right to call it crap so what’s your point? This guy is a Alabama fan that’s been salty since way back when we told him burrow was better and was gonna win over tua head to head in the regular season. His lists are trash because he’s Alabama biest. He won’t except that burrow is better so that makes me question all his list on any player. But hey atleast we got someone that hates our team coming here to give us bathroom literature to laugh at. Carry on.

I have every right to call it crap so what’s your point? This guy is a Alabama fan that’s been salty since way back when we told him burrow was better and was gonna win over tua head to head in the regular season. His lists are trash because he’s Alabama biest. He won’t except that burrow is better so that makes me question all his list on any player. But hey atleast we got someone that hates our team coming here to give us bathroom literature to laugh at. Carry on.

I guess we can revisit this in a few years especially since we will draft one of these guys. It would have been real interesting if Tua had not been injured. We would definitely be paying through the nose to go to #2 to get him or Burrow.

Here is my ranking, first based on last season college production:

1. joe Burrow
2. Tua Tagovailoa
3. jalen Hurts
4. Anthony Gordon
5. Cole McDonald
6. Justin Herbert

Now, Lets eliminate:
Joe Burrow is a one year wonder, therefore, not interested.
Tua Tagovailoa, injury concerns, height is 6-0, eliminate.
Jalen Hurts is 6-1, drops to second, third round.
Anthony Gordon, one year starter, came into senior bowl under 200 lbs, eliminate, not interested.
Cole McDonald, there are some issues with delivery so he drops below Herberts.
Herbert stays.

Therefore, the QB ranking is:

1. Justin Herbert
2. Cole McDonald
3. Jalen Hurts

That's it.

Not that Slimm needs anyone to defend him but if you would ever read some of the breakdowns he does on players, it's clear he's not an amateur fan who only watches highlights, can't break down film, doesn't know the alignments/calls, techniques, etc and has zero information on who some of these college kids are. Calling his lists "crap" is laughable. By many accounts, Ruggs is a top 20 pick....yet Slimm has him slotted after Gabriel Davis and Mims, neither of which are expected to go in round 1. Raekwon Davis? He has him 16th, well below where many others have him....especially considering both Nebraska kids are 13/14 and Windsor from Penn State is 12 in his list (Day 3 guys on many lists).

Someone could easily say they would like to see your lists, for you to put yourself out there for criticism.

Putting Love above Burrow is interesting. Based on physical skills, I can see that.

But can Love match Burrow in decision making, reading defenses, intangibles etc. That is his challenge moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom