2020 Quarterback Rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Quarterback Rankings

Thanks for the ratings everyone, as someone who doesn't watch any college football very enlightening. I would consider the situation these draftees get themselves into to be 50% of what will dictate their success or otherwise, Tannehill and Brady would be two great examples of that. From a Miami perspective if we allow whoever we draft to sit for a year and build a great supporting cast I think we will be setting them up to succeed, I do however feel from reading on here that we have built a better defensive staff than offensive one but time will tell.

The most fascinating thing to me about the evaluations of Tua/burrow, are that you have to look no further than the 2017 draft to see similar scenarios that Have played out just fine for the heavily dissected QBs.

specifically, deshaun Watson.

he not only had horrible durability concerns (tua), but he had a 12 year olds arm when put under a microscope as well (burrow)

I’m not letting tuas durability or burrows arm strength affect what I think about either of them. If you knock them down your board for focusing solely on those individual characteristics, they will make you pay for passing on them. Both are too spectacular/qualified in every other area to not pan out.

how many of you aren’t taking deshaun Watson #1 overall in most drafts? (Except for his own, mahomes.)

which brings me to my next point, from the same draft.

is Jordan love as polished as Patrick mahomes? Hell no. Will he ever be Patrick mahomes? I’ll say it right now. No he won’t.

but for the love of god quit double clutching on the mans evalauation. If he excites you and you think the potential is limitless, rank him and hype him as such. It’s the exact same train of thought everyone had w/ mahomes and it’s why he was on the board at #10 and why KC made a bee line for him.

Jordan love is QB3 and I’d take him at 5.

If he excites you and you think the potential is limitless,

There is no limitless potential. There is only one potential: Can he on a rookie contract compete against the best teams in the NFL (Baltimore, Steelers, etc.) and lead the team through playoffs to the superbowl.
That's the only potential we are interested in. On a rookie contract.

but for the love of god quit double clutching on the mans evalauation. If he excites you and you think the potential is limitless, rank him and hype him as such. It’s the exact same train of thought everyone had w/ mahomes and it’s why he was on the board at #10 and why KC made a bee line for him.

Jordan love is QB3 and I’d take him at 5.

How anyone can have Love ranked above Herbert is beyond me. Following the script, the hype on mediocre Jordan Love is intensifying as the NFL continues its assault on the QB position. Herbert had a next to perfect showing at the combine and a strong career at Oregon - he should easily have separated himself but the media hype train will not stop for the turnover prone Love.

How anyone can have Love ranked above Herbert is beyond me. Following the script, the hype on mediocre Jordan Love is intensifying as the NFL continues its assault on the QB position. Herbert had a next to perfect showing at the combine and a strong career at Oregon - he should easily have separated himself but the media hype train will not stop for the turnover prone Love.

Please stop...We know why you dislike Love, you called him a "duel-threat" QB when nothing he has done in college shows that he has done that. You have not watched either player and only dislike Love because he is black. You made reference to this already in your anti-Love thread and now with you "assault on the QB position" statement.

There is no limitless potential. There is only one potential: Can he on a rookie contract compete against the best teams in the NFL (Baltimore, Steelers, etc.) and lead the team through playoffs to the superbowl.
That's the only potential we are interested in. On a rookie contract.

If that’s the only thing you care about, tua must be your sure fire #1.

One year ago, Joe Burrow was a Day 3 pick.

It wasn't because he was hiding out in the FCS or some poor Group of Five school. It wasn't because he hadn't really been a starter yet, as was the case with Cam Newton and Kyler Murray. It wasn't because he had unorthodox traits (e.g. release, height, runner) that traditionalists couldn't get beyond, as was the case with Phil Rivers, Kyler Murray, Robert Griffin, Lamar Jackson, etc.

It was because he didn't look that talented, nor all that productive. He had been a full year starter at one of the premier programs in the country...and he didn't look compelling.

So I think you'll have to forgive some people like Slimm who take Burrow's rating WAY THE HELL UP from what it was in 2018, but don't quite take it to the level that makes everyone happy (#1 overall).

I think he's explained himself pretty well on this topic. Burrow doesn't have a ton of arm talent. He was older than the guys he competed against in 2019; a graduate student with virtually no course load and nothing but time to watch film with Joe Brady all day. He had a spread offense tailor-fit to him with 5-out on virtually every play, run at a HUNH pace, with one of the finest OLs in the country, one of the finest RBs in the country, and probably the best WR pair in the country. He achieved great things in a great situation. A year before that, with nearly the same surrounding cast, but a less opportune offense, he was worse than Jake Fromm...by a comfortable margin.

I would certainly have Tua Tagovailoa above Joe Burrow. I have not yet decided about Jordan Love.

I also would like to point out that some of guys who are not as high on Burrow, like the rest of the world; point and say well look at what Burrow had around him. And obviously Tua had talent around him as well. But look at little closer. Justin Jefferson was only a two star recruit coming out of high school. Clyde edwards helaire a 3 star recruit. Most of Tua's weapons were all 4 and 5 star recruits. Did Burrow's weapons on offense inflate his stats or did he elevate the game of others around him? Like elite QB's often do.

I think the biggest thing with Burrow's improvement was Joe Brady's offense.

What QB in the country had an offense and an OC better suited to him?

He had the talent and his surroundings helped bring it out.

All the record breaking might be a bit of a mirage but the kid is good and I would be happy to have him.

I have it 1) burrow 2) Herbert. 3) Tua (because of durability) 4) love. Everyone after this doesn't matter cause they are no More than perreniel nfl back=ups

I am immensely intrigued with FIU's James Morgan.

Project player for sure but if he pans out, man oh man...

Back
Top Bottom